What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Busy Growin' or Get Busy Buyin'

St3ve

Looks great man I like it alot.

Now you need to get a 20g smart pot full of soiless mix or something with one big plant to push in and out of the doorway area to make use of that light.

vangaurd

Looks great man I like it alot.

Now you need to get a 20g smart pot full of soiless mix or something with one big plant to push in and out of the doorway area to make use of that light.

Duh why the hell didnt i think of that! i got mom I need to flower helluva idea there St3ve!!:thank you:

5th

Veteran
Glad to have you along Major.

Awesome idea St3ve, I went this route however.
It's only 6 more plant sites...lol...but I'll take 'em.

Sweet! Gonna be a tight fit for sure. Is this your first time going vert?

Sure is. Can't wait to see how I make out.

Thinking of cutting clones tonight as all I want is them in ambient light from the 600w MH on the other side of the room. Heating pad is under the resevoir...several air pumps bubbling in the resevoir aswell....fuck all this...i'ma grab my razor n' get ma slice on...

5th

Veteran
Aye brother. Few beers n' way to many bowl loads but its done. Extra's in the bubble cloner done. I'd post a pic...but anyone whos seen clones a few hours after being cut knows it looks more like the afterbirth then the child being born.

If I don't go golfing tomorrow I'll finish the "Hex"

Peace n' smoke to all.

5th

Veteran
I'd like a bit o' help from the grand stands as well as the peanut gallery.

At the moment I've about 100 clones I'm waiting to spout roots. The strain is bagseed but quite good. It's also a 12 week strain.

Within the hour I'll have a Grapfruit, Sour Diesel, and Headband (sour kush) group of moms at my disposal. (grow buddy ran into some problems n' is donating them)

Do I stay the course with the bagseed? Go with the dank shit instead? I was going for single cola style here...not sure how the mostly indicas would handle all that pruning...

I welcome any and all input. :)

Friend

Veteran
If you've gone through all the trouble to construct this technologically advanced apparatus, you might as well just go balls to the wall and do your setup justice by using the prime genetics.

St3ve

agreed about the genetics..

and be careful with those lights. If those are 600's they are going to be way too strong for those little plants that are in there right now.

bobblehead

Veteran
first thing's first... Cause this is cool!
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
next up... if you have a mom available to you of proven quality, use it! You're crazy even considering running a 12 wk bag seed plant... take a couple more weeks to do it right.

Friend

Veteran
5th, maybe you could leave just a few of the bagseed clones in there so you can analyze the final product, i bet those good strains will blow it away.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I'll be watchin this one too... I've been considering a setup kinda similar, only building it square in the attic. Access would be from the attic trap-door and straight up into the middle of the setup.

I was thinking of using a fiberglass shower base for the bottom to catch any spills. Just in case of a leak down the road. They always seem to happen when the setup is full and next to impossible to fix easily without creating an even bigger mess. I figured the tray underneath would be a good backup measure.

But your setup is cool and interesting so I'm taggin along for the show too Buddy, good luck.

EDIT::::::

Also: Since this is your first grow and will be the first for your setup, I'm not sure I agree with everybody else about using premo genetics for the trial run... I would probably suggest a trial run of whatever plants you can load it with for the first go around, get everything dialed in and then fine tune the rig with genetics that are suited for the rig. It'll make a huge difference in how the setup performs... I mean considering issues like finishing height of the plants, bush size and finishing period will all effect how your design performs. So I think I would do a test run to dial everything in while I was researching and selecting genetics, I would probably even pop in 3 or 4 strains if possible and select the the one that performs the best in that configuration.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Use the good genetics. All else being equal, genetics will have the greatest impact on your end result.

Very nice set-up, btw. Like the thread title cuz it's true. :)

5th

Veteran
next up... if you have a mom available to you of proven quality, use it! You're crazy even considering running a 12 wk bag seed plant... take a couple more weeks to do it right.

The guy that brought them over over exagerated.

After getting them out of their tiny lil pots n' into something a little more suitable...thats what I'm left with. And thanks man, glad you like.

Well guys this is what I'm considering...

-leaving existing cuts in place
-pumping the nutes to those three homely looking bitches for a week or more
-take 10 cuts off each, root them while the existing cuts veg
-take 7 of each type and replace one of the tiers in the system with them
-keep clones to make new moms out of

I figure this way, (as it was pointed out to me from you'se) that I can try each strain n' see whats gonna work best.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about a mom room/chamber yet...although I can/will come up with something.

Not the most flattering picture...but to give you an idea of what the bagseed can look like. Pictures from August 22, went to feed last week n' they were gone. 125 of the cock suckers gone actually.

Thanks for the input guys, and please keep it coming. Nothings set in stone with this grow. Adapt or perish I think I read.

Beautiful work. Now build 3 more.

Your damn right I am :headbange

bobblehead

Veteran
that headband mom looks like she's in good shape... put her under a big lamp, giver her some juice, and I bet in 2 weeks you'll have enough cuts... 2 weeks later you'll have roots... How long does Headband go, 10 weeks? So 14 weeks... Or you can run the unknown bagseed 12 week plant, that also needs 2 weeks to root... So 14 weeks... Am I missing something here?

ya gotsta do what yas gotsta do... but I would rather be growing some Headband than some bagseed....

5th

Veteran
Nah you haven't skipped a beat bobble...I'm just impatient as fuck is all. Thanks for making me take another look through the looking glass.

I'll find out if those plants are mine or if I'm just baby sitting them. Then I'll say fuck all that n' just feed 'em the nutes n' light. I'll concentrate on the Headband n' get it done.

lol....I gotta find some headband grows and see what I'm dealing with...

5th

Veteran
Fuck sakes.
That asshole I got the plants from gave me a dose of spidermites aswell. I'm gonna shut this project down n' do something else for awhile. Buy some seeds n' start over again I guess.
For fuck sakes.