What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with 1000 vertical

12and12

Picture041.jpg

Hello!!!!!

ive been bouncing the idea around in my head for some time now and soon ill be ready to bring some clones in under my 1000hps
i have plenty of room
i have a cheapo batwing hood right now and im getting a cool tube and i was wanting to run it vertical
nothing crazy all i want to run is my 1 1000

and i was wondering if anyone can hook me up with some links to some grows that are similar to my plans
or if you just have any suggestions or pictures to help me out

going vertical im not sure on finishing the room ....size....just flat out setting up for a vertical grow...

distance from light?

how many plants typically you can fit around one 1000 vert ?

or should i just ditch the idea and go with a flat grow?

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Stay flat if you are just starting, get a feel for the girls, then when you feel it, try vert.
H

P

purpledomgoddes

place fan (facing ceiling) directly under light on milk crate/bricks on side to aloow coller (lower) air to come through bottom of fan.
no cool tubes needed if using ac/excellent ventillation.
sunglasses needed for glare. plan layout w/ mainenanace in mind. hang light (off) and walk around in room, test ability to move around w/ vert light.
mh seems to get hotter than hps - but all heat rises. only difference in that w/ vert light (especially 1k), the heat will disperse laterally first. account for that and arrange/design air flow to go from ac/external venting source to fan on floor facing up+1-2' of perimeter area around bulb.
when mature the vegetables will lean into bulb - even when its a thousand degrees.
1-3' away at beginning, moving closer as time progresses. last few weeks can be @ 3-6". the other side of the plant (dark side) will be cooler. may also observe that the cooler side is growing/fruiting more than the lighted side. this is plant trying to disperse rec'd light evenly.

P

purpledomgoddes

four to six tree veg'd for 3-6 weeks under floros - less veg time under same 1k. or do 3-4 wk veg w/ 1k and be prepared for 4-6 ' palms. vert light placement in ~ middle of height of plant(s) to get the guts (innards) of the plant (even total plant coverage). your canopy is the entire vertical (height-wise) plant - not just tops.

P

purpledomgoddes

practice run w/ out vegetables+lights on for two-three days to see heat pattern. will get cooler further away from bulb. as veggies mature can endure more heat=closer.
important to reverese engineer from hvac standpoint (taking into account mandatory heat issues w/ indoor garden), then test run w/ out tomatoes, and THEN determine feasibility of any set up.

12and12

hey purpledomgoddes thanks for the input thats the exact kind of info im looking for
ive seen a couple setups that are pretty much exactly like you described

i had planned on using the cool tube to be my exhaust for the entire room

but with warm weather coming soon i will probably be running an air conditioner...trying to squeek out a harvest before summer comes....too hot...and my house sucks...no a/c

if anyone has some pictures or a link to a grow using just 1 1000watt vertical i would love to see them!!!

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
I dont no if your a member anywhere else, and it would not be polite for me to post links to other forums here.

So get you post count up, and ill hit you with some links to the vertical king
Heath Robinson.
Hold on i might have something for you.

Check this.
http://www.paranoiduk.co.uk/ugm_downloads/UGM5-2low.pdf

Its a pdf file, check out page 10.
Just keep in mind the plant count in this type of system, but he has a few more he has done. When you can PM hit me up.

:joint:

12and12

hey smoke1 thats is some good stuff
i think i pretty much have in mind my plan im just trying to see what everyone is doing especially if they are running the......exact same stuff that would be great

i want to run
1 1000watt hps
12/12 from seed im going to be taking cuttings as well

i already have a veg room in there

i have basically a 10 x10 room to build my vert setup im thinking with one 1000 ill only have two levels....floor and shelf

Cheers!!! ICM
any more input or suggestions will be appreciated!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts