What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

saitama

enough of the bad news, onto the good. Pics of day 43 and these ladies have swollen up. It seems like trichome production has slowed down, but they are looking frosty nonetheless.

Some family shots:

aOwyOTo.jpg

BJDxau0.jpg

onavelzy

Veteran
Hi DFB,

Found your thread tonight wandering around the forums. Really nice grow. I'll go though it again in more detail tomorrow. Plants look great. Respect!

Ona

saitama

Hi DFB,

Found your thread tonight wandering around the forums. Really nice grow. I'll go though it again in more detail tomorrow. Plants look great. Respect!

Ona

Thank you! I was actually browsing your thread last night. I was going through all the pages and fell asleep before I had a chance to subscribe. Will do this now. :tiphat:

saitama

Thanks for the kind words, james, starke and ona!

After going back and forth many times about chopping early, I've decided to start flushing and harvest on 4/23 - day 56. This may change but they're starting to look pretty ripe to me.

Had a buddy over last night to take some macro shots and do some focus stacking. He's still learning the ins and outs of his new hobby, but is taking some pretty nice pics despite.

CNeAbFG.jpg

9hfenRt.jpg

lFHIJok.jpg

auurrlK.jpg

On my next run I'm definitely going to move the carbon filter and raise the light all the way up.

Ken Huang

Vendor
Thanks for the kind words, james, starke and ona!

After going back and forth many times about chopping early, I've decided to start flushing and harvest on 4/23 - day 56. This may change but they're starting to look pretty ripe to me.

Had a buddy over last night to take some macro shots and do some focus stacking. He's still learning the ins and outs of his new hobby, but is taking some pretty nice pics despite.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

On my next run I'm definitely going to move the carbon filter and raise the light all the way up.

Hi deepfriedbutter,

Wow, your ladies are looking pretty damn good. It's unfortunate to hear about your problem with the herming but they look good nonetheless.

Can't wait to see the end results of this run! Also excited for the new run as well! keep up the good work!

Miraculous Meds

Nice work dfb, thanks for sharing. I've been interested in experimenting with led for a while now. Kb's thread has me believing in canopy penetration n bud density/size now. Plus with ur intensity issues, it seems to confirm penetration.

As far as hermies go, as long as it doesn't bother u, and doesn't create a bunch of unwanted seed, then no real harm. There's lots of elite cuts that throw late nanners. Now they r late enough that only a couple seeds r ever found per crop. Such flagship strains as og, sour d, bb, n many more do this.

Coirs cec demands that the correct ratio of calcium n mg be present so that k doesn't become more available n start causing nute lock outs. So if flushing or leaching it depends on overall factors. With ur parameter of 1.4ec max feeds, it shouldn't take more than 10 days if feeding to little to no run off to flush. If u r getting 20% plus run off it would take even less time. I run recirculating, never inputting more than 1.2ec. Usually .8 to 1 ec. In any system where ur feeding this low n not building up ec, cause of runoff or recirculation, then u could harvest at 1.2ec and have clean great tasting herb. I still reduce nutrient to reduce the risk of consuming heavy metals that r part of the hydroponic nutrient though.

U can run air thru the carbon filter instead of pulling air. It's not the most ideal, but works just fine. It's a little more tricky setting up the prefilter on the inside, but it's worth adjusting so u can get that extra height in the tent.

Keep up the good work.
Peace,
Mm

saitama

What height above canopy are you running your URSA at now?

About the same at 27", though the plants are a touch taller. I have been afraid to move it back down.

Nice work dfb, thanks for sharing. I've been interested in experimenting with led for a while now. Kb's thread has me believing in canopy penetration n bud density/size now. Plus with ur intensity issues, it seems to confirm penetration.

As far as hermies go, as long as it doesn't bother u, and doesn't create a bunch of unwanted seed, then no real harm. There's lots of elite cuts that throw late nanners. Now they r late enough that only a couple seeds r ever found per crop. Such flagship strains as og, sour d, bb, n many more do this.

Coirs cec demands that the correct ratio of calcium n mg be present so that k doesn't become more available n start causing nute lock outs. So if flushing or leaching it depends on overall factors. With ur parameter of 1.4ec max feeds, it shouldn't take more than 10 days if feeding to little to no run off to flush. If u r getting 20% plus run off it would take even less time. I run recirculating, never inputting more than 1.2ec. Usually .8 to 1 ec. In any system where ur feeding this low n not building up ec, cause of runoff or recirculation, then u could harvest at 1.2ec and have clean great tasting herb. I still reduce nutrient to reduce the risk of consuming heavy metals that r part of the hydroponic nutrient though.

U can run air thru the carbon filter instead of pulling air. It's not the most ideal, but works just fine. It's a little more tricky setting up the prefilter on the inside, but it's worth adjusting so u can get that extra height in the tent.

Keep up the good work.
Peace,
Mm

Thank you for your input! Bud density is definitely there. They are tight and fat. When I was inspecting for nanners and molesting the buds, there was zero give when squeezed. I think I might just remove the filter completely and go direct to the window with it and have another fan pulling air out of the tent into the room. That air will then be pulled out of the room through negative pressure via the filter. I am adding another tent for veg so I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to scrub the air but also have air exchange for both tents without using 3 fans. I might go with a Y. We will see!

saitama

After much deliberation, I have decided to keep the LEC 315w CMH for my new 3x3 veg tent. I ordered the 4200k bulb for it. I hope my exhaust can keep up with the heat from these two lamps running simultaneously. I ordered another 6" 420cfm fan and will run a Y between the tents for extraction into the grow room. Exhaust will be handled by the carbon filter already in the room and out a window.

Hopefully with the filter out of the tent and the URSA all the way up, I can nail down the transition between the 315 and the LED's intensity.

Pics from last night, day 48

knQ1GVH.jpg

gomPAQe.jpg

e4XfOLe.jpg

5A4k67W.jpg

saitama

49 - took some lights off pics. Is anybody aware of WW turning purple? It doesn't get cold in my tent at all.

ECCcyx1.jpg

jxdUxjW.jpg

69vIZZw.jpg

2Yu6X5Y.jpg