What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peanut Allergy Warning?

Neemin'Markets

I was looking on WM and noticed a caregiver listing 'Peanut Butter Kush'.. In the description is given a clearly serious Peanut Allergy Warning.

Can somone shed some light? Im a dirt and water farmer so Im a bit lost. Its a very interesting topic as Im now seeing breeders brag about chemical free breeding of seedstock to produce natural flavors. Are pesticides used to produce and pass on scent!?!? That makes sense, because the loudest bud I ever smoked, we called "Perm" because it smelled like being drug to the salon as a kid. Now I associate that smell with sulfurs and petrochemical fungicides..

I do know a lot of the Cannabis in my area smells of peanuts. Especially Ecsd every time I check a cut out, it is just like opening a jar of Peter Pan. It doesnt smell like ecsd ever, but it is, and always peanut butter instead of zesty fuel.

Any ideas why growers would be using peanuts, or why Jiffy now reminds me of Sour D after 2 years as a law abider in the mmj program? Ive always gotten that skunky wiff from a jar of peanut butter, but now its a dead ringer for every ecsd in town...

Growers like to keep it hush that their plants are what they eat, so this discussion cant exist on a personal level without a fight. Just when everything starts to smell like burnt hair to me, i run across some legit funk that reassures me theres something off about this dispensary weed..

Thanks for any insight.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From a descriptive web site:
Peanut Butter, also known as “Peanut Butter Kush,” is an evenly balanced hybrid (50% indica/50% sativa) strain with unknown parentage due a general lack of information about its heritage. Nonetheless, this bud has a smell that’s said to be just like a freshly opened jar of peanut butter with just a twist of pungent kush. The flavor is said to be nutty and earthy with a creamy kush effect upon exhale that’s slightly pungent and sour. The Peanut Butter high is pretty stoney, perfect for kicking back and binging on snacks during the late afternoon. It starts with a cerebral lift that leaves you feeling euphoric and uplifted, although pretty hazy and unable to focus. As your mind falls into deep stoney introspection, your body will succumb to a heavy sedation that can leave you feeling sleepy if you toke a little too much of this tasty bud at once. With these effects and its THC level that bottoms out at about 20%, Peanut Butter is said to be perfect for treating conditions such as chronic pain, mood swings, appetite loss, and nausea. Peanut Butter buds have piecey (?) round light minty green nugs with dark leaves and bright orange hairs.

I can't imagine legumes being part of cannabis. However, if one does have a severe nut allergy (peanuts, esp.)....there are hundreds of other choices out there that have similar effect described above.