What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Time

Boxfarm

Update 03/29/17

Update 03/29/17

We are 26 days into 12/12. The girls are looking good! I think I timed the stretch just right. My canopy ended up just about where I wanted it. The cola's are all fairly even between 4"-12" above the trellis. I got back from Vegas and the CK was laying down from lack of water (they are drinking a lot right now). After watering and spending 12 hours in the dark, they were all back like nothing ever happened. I noticed significant Trichome development while I was gone.

Boxfarm

Advice needed

Advice needed

I know its a ways off but I think I need to come up with a plan for the flush. The Critical Kush has a 50-60 day flower time and I have read in a few places to flush two weeks before harvest. Since I am 27 days in, I would like to have a plan in place. I am growing in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and using Fox Farm nutes. I've heard people say to use products like florakleen, to use distilled water, tap water, 10 days before harvest, 7 days before harvest, 14 days before harvest. There is a lot of conflicting information out there on the internet. Any advice would be appreciated.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I know its a ways off but I think I need to come up with a plan for the flush. The Critical Kush has a 50-60 day flower time and I have read in a few places to flush two weeks before harvest. Since I am 27 days in, I would like to have a plan in place. I am growing in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and using Fox Farm nutes. I've heard people say to use products like florakleen, to use distilled water, tap water, 10 days before harvest, 7 days before harvest, 14 days before harvest. There is a lot of conflicting information out there on the internet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Good luck on your grow. :tiphat: You will learn a ton and nothing is better than smoking buds you grew and cured yourself.

About your flush, you're using an amended soil and nutrients. So, chances are, you will need to flush for at least 10 days. Best to use RO or distilled.

Boxfarm

Update 04/04/17

Update 04/04/17

Day 33. I hope The rest of the grow is as uneventful as this week! The stretch is done. No more vertical growth. The buds are just filling out now. I am watering every 3rd day. Not much else to share...

Boxfarm

Update 04/11/17

Update 04/11/17

Below are some pictures from a few days ago and from this morning. What do you guys think? I am a little worried that they are still kind of scrawny. The new growth also seems really slow. They are drinking a lot! I am watering every other day at least. Still on full strength Fox Farm nutrients. I had some of the cola's tied up, but I decided to stake them out just because it looks cleaner. The canopy is thick too! I am wondering if I need to do some trimming, but I have heard it is not good this far into flower. Next time, I am planning on only doing two plants. I built a smaller box for my garage that will just be for veg. Hopefully I can get a nice perpetual grow going. I will probably wait until they are in the harvest window then flush for 7-10 days. I am growing the Critical Kush (Flower time 50-60 days) as a sleep aid, so I figured I can probably bring it down at the same time as the Super Lemon Haze (60-70 days) and it should be nice and sleepy. Feedback always appreciated!

On a side not, I ordered some seeds for my next grow. I love the strain Kryptonite so I ordered 5 of those seeds and 5 LSD. I also ordered 3 Northern Lights that I am planning on growing next for my mom who is currently battling cancer. I was amazed at how many freebies I got! All feminized seeds. 40 seeds all together! I wont need clones for quite a while!

5 x Kryptonite
5 x LSD
3 x Northern Lights

Freebies:

3 x White Widow (fem)
3 x Jack Herrer (fem)
3 x Original Skunk #1 (fem)
5 x Pineapple Chunk (fem)
5 x Blueberry (fem)
2 x Fruity Kush (autofem)
2 x Big Speed Bud (autofem)
2 x Ripley's OG (autofem)
2 x Critical (fem)

gtg341w

These are great looking plants for a first grow. Well taken care of, but not 'loved to death' Those trichs are making a good case for LED or at least an LED supplement to my HID.

Boxfarm

Update 4/23/17

Update 4/23/17

Hello everyone. Sorry its been a while since my last update. I had to leave town unexpectedly last week for 7 days. Thank God my brother was available to feed the girls for me. I came home and I think the Critical Kush (right half of the box) is just inside the harvest window. Problem is, I have not started the flush yet!

I am starting the flush today for the CK. I wanted that strain for sleep so I hope I can get 10 days or so of flush in before I really have to take them down. Here are some trichome shots of the CK:

I will be checking the Super Lemon Haze and will probably start flushing them sometime in the next 10 days as well. It has been pretty awesome watching the buds fattening up over the last 10 days or so. Things are looking good. I was hoping for 10 oz since I may not be able to start another grow until September due to heat. I am trying to imagine everything in that box dried up and in baggies. Its hard to tell but I think I may be close.

Boxfarm

Feedback Please!

Feedback Please!

I know I have at least a few subs....

Can you guys help me out? These are the CK trichs right now...

I am pretty sure they are ready. My question is, will they be good for at least another 7-10 days for the flush? Or do I need to take them down now? I was out of town for a week and I didnt think they would be ready so soon.

Here is a shot of the box outside. I started the flush on the CK (right half of the box) today. I was expecting the sugar leaves to turn yellow, but i noticed the leaves on the buds are yellowing as well. What is that all about? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for all the feedback so far! I am paranoid about fucking something up right now!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
You will be good for another week, I see plenty of clear trichomes. Give them plain water for a week and they will fatten up a bit more too.

Boxfarm

You will be good for another week, I see plenty of clear trichomes. Give them plain water for a week and they will fatten up a bit more too.

Thanks Reiko! I bought a product called Final Flush. I ran 6 gallons of ph'd water with the Final Flush through each 2 gallon pot. Thanks for the fast reply!

Boxfarm

Update 04/28/17

Update 04/28/17

The home stretch...

I've been flushing the CK for 5 days now. Here are a couple of bud and trichome pics.

I am pretty sure they are ready. My plan is to harvest on Monday the 1st of May. That will give them 60 days in flower and 7 days of flush. I bought a product called Final Flush and ran 8 gallons of treated water through each 2 gallon pot.

The Super Lemon Haze (pictured below) needs probably another week or two but they are frosty as fuck. I cant wait to try this one!

Boxfarm

Update 04/28/17

Update 04/28/17

Here are a few more photos of the SLH. According to the seedbank, they have a 67 day flowering time. Currently day 58.

pkwNAnV.jpg

rhlrdbM.jpg

xx76A2N.jpg

D0yZn3h.jpg

DatlVgo.jpg

Boxfarm

Update 05/04/2017

Update 05/04/2017

Critical Kush is down.

As you can see, I decided to do a dry trim because the humidity has been low where I live. I think it was a mistake because it was really hard to salvage the smaller popcorn buds that probably would have smoked just fine and increased my final yield. Live and learn right?

I'm also a little worried because it dried out quickly (3 days) but it is all safely stowed in 1 quart mason jars with the humidity stabilized at 58%. I just added some 62% humidipaks. Looks like it will probably be somewhere around 3 oz. That was a little disappointing but, I had a lot of sugary trim and popcorn buds. I ran all of it through a dry ice extraction and ended up with over 14 grams of kief. I've already pressed about a third of that into a marble sized ball of some nice looking rosin.

The SLH is looking fantastic and it is coming down tomorrow!

Update next week and hopefully a smoke report on the CK

Boxfarm

Update

Update

What up ICMAG? I was just going back through my old posts and realized that I never gave a final dry weight or smoke report for my first grow. So here it is.

Dried and Cured,

Critical Kush: 2.7 oz.
Super Lemon Haze: 4.2 oz.

So at almost 7 oz, I was a little shy of my 10 ounce goal but happy with the results nonetheless. I also ended up with over an ounce of kief, which I pressed into some (put you to sleep right now) rosin.

Both strains taste great and are on par as far as potency goes, with most of the stuff I get at the dispensary. They both smoke extremely smooth with almost no cough. The Critical Kush is by far my favorite. It tastes great and the high is exactly what I was going for (an Ambien replacement). Its been tucking me into bed almost every night since it was dry. The Super Lemon Haze is potent but it is very much a Sativa high. It tends to make me a little anti-social so I don't really smoke it that much. I think I am just an Indica guy. I have given most of it away and my buddies who like Sativa's tell me its great. Thanks again for all the tips and advice! Happy growing

Mi9sj76.jpg

Goats

nice work BF.

do you plan to continue running the cfls? have you considered trying out the screw-in leds a lot of guys are using nowadays?

either way i'll be around to watch. cheers bud.

Boxfarm

nice work BF.

do you plan to continue running the cfls? have you considered trying out the screw-in leds a lot of guys are using nowadays?

Whats up Goats? Thanks for the feedback. I started the grow with about 600 watts of CFL,s. When I switched to flower, I added a Mars600 LED light (278 true watts) and just used the CFL's as supplemental lighting. I finished the grow in that configuration. I have since added another Mars300 to the box so it is now 100% LED. Here is a pic of my current grow:

mMijJop.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts