What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show me cases of CHS where the cannabis is COMPLETELY clean of azadirachtin or neem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
can be brought on even by a few hits of the bowl of tainted herb
And also clean herb in a bowl/bong/rig with contaminated resin... This also contributed to me not being able to pinpoint the source of the problem.

Once I started cleaning my gear, before using a new batch of meds, it became much easier to determine clean from contaminated. I try to roll joints with new herb from a different source, no risk of contaminating my gear again.

I boil them out with oxyclean now, when possible. I've had relapses from cleaning gear with iso and getting it on my hand. Absorbs right in and within minutes my digestion goes south, my guts start burbling and the tension sets in. Nasty.

Douglas.Curtis

Interesting ... It does not bother me when I spray ... but even one ppm smoked will bother me for about 1-3 days ...
So, another case where 'heated azadirachtin' makes all the difference. I get flu like symptoms when I sprayed without protection gear. Never did that again.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A true mark of a man of science and logic, putting the burden of proof on others.

Why don't we flip this dog upright and you provide references to the claims/opinions/theories you incorrectly present as accepted fact.

Because truly, using your acceptance of fringe nutritional fads as a guideline, you're kind of a wing nut prone to psychosomatic responses and confirmation bias.

I look forward to, but do not expect, a relevant referenced reply.

Cheers

Douglas.Curtis

02-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Mikell
This message is hidden because Mikell is on your ignore list.

Wondering if non-heated product would have the same results. I've read one account of someone who did an ethanol extraction, letting it completely evaporate without heat. They said it acted as if it had been decarbed, after having sat so long.

I would appreciate it if everyone would take a moment to pass this thread link around the net, finding more people who have CHS to relate their experiences would be easier. So far, only one instance of CHS without aza/neem action has shown up in the thread.

Pass it out on the social networks, I know I have. Besides which, icmag can always use more growers on the boards. :)

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
A true mark of a man of science and logic, putting the burden of proof on others.

Why don't we flip this dog upright and you provide references to the claims/opinions/theories you incorrectly present as accepted fact.

Because truly, using your acceptance of fringe nutritional fads as a guideline, you're kind of a wing nut prone to psychosomatic responses and confirmation bias.

I look forward to, but do not expect, a relevant referenced reply.

Cheers

02-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Mikell
This message is hidden because Mikell is on your ignore list.

Wondering if non-heated product would have the same results. I've read one account of someone who did an ethanol extraction, letting it completely evaporate without heat. They said it acted as if it had been decarbed, after having sat so long.

I would appreciate it if everyone would take a moment to pass this thread link around the net, finding more people who have CHS to relate their experiences would be easier. So far, only one instance of CHS without aza/neem action has shown up in the thread.

Pass it out on the social networks, I know I have. Besides which, icmag can always use more growers on the boards. :)

How long til this account gets deleted too I wonder?

Douglas.Curtis

Yep, figured it was trash talk.

Edit: Mikell is biased and angry. Calling for me to do further research is pointless since what is now needed is outside verification. You see, I've already done the research on azadirachtin myself, twice. Since my system has been compromised, through repeated poisonings over the course of 9 years, further testing on myself would be folly. Re-testing, for the third time, would serve no purpose. What is needed now (obviously) is additional information from others. Others who have also tested or have information to the same effect.

Happily looking forward to more reports on this subject. Any new information is very welcome, be it good bad or indifferent. :D

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am asking for information other people can verify for themselves, not your subjective opinion.

But I see that is pointless, there is nothing.

Adding someone to "Ignore" is about as childish as you can get. You have figuratively shoved your head in the sand.

Cheers

Muleskinner

Veteran
I personally don't doubt the original poster's theory. You have to remember than reaction to toxic substances in the body vary by a huge degree. For example a friend of mine just had a life-threatening allergic reaction to the antibiotic Amoxicillin. I've taken courses of amoxicillin several times over my life and have never had any side effects whatsoever. That's the way it goes with many prescription meds that can damage or kill you - most people have no reaction.

So it's typical that most people have no reaction, yet some are very sickened. A friend of my sister's started to become seriously ill after drinking milk, which he really liked. After several episodes and some experimenting he discovered that he has a severe reaction to milk that's from cows treated with growth hormone. He can have all the dairy he wants from cows that did not receive growth hormone. The vast majority of people do not have this sensitivity.

Douglas.Curtis

I personally don't doubt the original poster's theory. You have to remember than reaction to toxic substances in the body vary by a huge degree. For example a friend of mine just had a life-threatening allergic reaction to the antibiotic Amoxicillin. I've taken courses of amoxicillin several times over my life and have never had any side effects whatsoever. That's the way it goes with many prescription meds that can damage or kill you - most people have no reaction.

So it's typical that most people have no reaction, yet some are very sickened. A friend of my sister's started to become seriously ill after drinking milk, which he really liked. After several episodes and some experimenting he discovered that he has a severe reaction to milk that's from cows treated with growth hormone. He can have all the dairy he wants from cows that did not receive growth hormone. The vast majority of people do not have this sensitivity.
:tiphat: Two very good examples, thank you.
Erythromycin is my no-no antibiotic. I get massive hives about day 2 of taking it. Not lethal, fortunately, just very unpleasant.

I've run into a large number of people who only have low level reactions to azadirachtin. They can use contaminated cannabis that I cannot. My wife has reactions to it, but only after using it for some time. They're subtle, low level back pain and slowed digestion, nothing like what I experience with just a tiny bit.

I'm used to naysayers on subjects I've researched quite extensively. Medicinal cannabis is one, with plenty of folks who'll call you crazy. I do my research though and do my best to keep my mouth shut on subjects I don't know enough/much about. ;)

Mr. Man

hi

hi

Yes, I have CHS, and no I don't use need or Az.

Happy to contribute to the conversation, but if people get snarky with me, I"m out--and that doesn't mean I agree with them, I just don't have time for such people right now.

I grow all my own stuff. I was (am) in line to be one of few actually certified organic farms in the US.

I don't use anything, I don't even use root hormone for clones (willow water instead).

No additives of any kind. Just compost, soil, water, and sun. I do zero pest control.

The whole az/neem oil to me is a massive red herring, and just allows people to live in denial about their condition.

I will say I'm not sure you have to be "done for life" with weed, I have found that if I cut WAY back and do more edibles instead of smoking, and then add a whole bunch of perscription meds, I so far seem to be able to stay out of the ER.

I will say I thought stronger weed brought it on in the 1990's, although ironically, I find one small hit of strong weed is better than a joint of mild old school afghan in terms of preventing symptoms.

I can say more, but to the post's point, NO AZ and NEEM, and YES 20 years of CHS.

Douglas.Curtis

I can say more, but to the post's point, NO AZ and NEEM, and YES 20 years of CHS.
Thank you.

Would you be so kind as to give us a brief rundown of the last 20 years? Symptoms in the beginning, symptoms now? I know mine have gotten worse, each time I'm exposed to aza, wondering how yours has progressed as well.

I guess what's needed is a listing of the symptoms of each, cannabis related and aza/neem related. I'm hoping there's some sort of difference so the two can be separated.

For example, have you experienced the hypothermia and muscle tension?

Douglas.Curtis

The whole az/neem oil to me is a massive red herring, and just allows people to live in denial about their condition.
Considering I have zero issues with clean cannabis and only have issues with contaminated, I have to say it's definitely not a red herring. Sorry. My cannabis use is massive, without issues. Aza completely destroys me.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Considering I have zero issues with clean cannabis and only have issues with contaminated, I have to say it's definitely not a red herring. Sorry. My cannabis use is massive, without issues. Aza completely destroys me.

or maybe your allergic to neem and dont have chs

people discount personal sensitivity to substances

a bee sting is kryptonite to the wrong person

Douglas.Curtis

Just so everyone is clear, azadirachtin is an ingredient in organic pesticides, not the name brand of an organic pesticide.

Some of the brands containing azadirachtin are Azamax, Azatrol, Azasol, Align, Azatin and Turplex. (anyone know any others?)

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Just so everyone is clear, azadirachtin is an ingredient in organic pesticides, not the name brand of an organic pesticide.

Some of the brands containing azadirachtin are Azamax, Azatrol, Azasol, Align, Azatin and Turplex. (anyone know any others?)

there is more than azaditachtin in neem products

Douglas.Curtis

And, if the CHS comes from dabs only, not from smoking flower, would you please post the processing method used? A lot of folks only seem to have the issue from concentrates, so in addition to listing symptoms and progression over time, knowing how the concentrates were made may turn out to be helpful.

Cannabologist

Veteran
^^ Ya know doug.. You're the only guy on the whole net who claims to have chs but who's symptoms are not that of chs yet you still claim it is chs and aza induced... When it is neither..

Hilarious how you claim "only xyz people so far who say yes chs but no aza" yeah and everyone else in the universe lol.. Christ almighty.

IF you are even having symptoms of anything at all and you're not just some crazy person like seems to be the case you deff have some sort of allergy to something not chs and its not aza + cannabis causing chs.

Douglas.Curtis

This message is hidden because Cannabologist is on your ignore list.

You were actually the first on the list, quite a while ago. This thread is to gather facts, not drivel, Move along :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts