What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

so whats the deal with OHIO mmi

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
they "passed" a law stating we now can use MMJ but I saw nowhere in the legislation how the implementation of the new laws will come about.

pretty much the worst pot state I've ever lived in. Michigan was a bit confusing when it was first passed. but nowhere near as bad as down here.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I read not too long ago that they haven’t even started the process of certifying doctors to administer recommendations. They also mentioned it probably won’t be until sometime in 2018 that product will be available (from state approved sources). The real fact is the state legislated the MMJ law to avert a possible voter referendum in November’s election that would have included both recreational and medical.

Anyway the law states no grow and no smoke, only concentrates, vape, and edibles, all from state approved suppliers.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
Yes. It was completely shady. Closed door deal made solely to circumvent the vote.

I was hoping somewhere on here had some good news. But your reply is in line w what I was expecting.

B4URTIME

Ohio MMJ bill is the worst of its kind, however here are some details.

As far as cultivation is concerned, they have broken the state into 4 divisions, each division can issue up to 12 lv 1 and 12 lv 2 license, This makes a total of 96 cultivation license that can be given out as of may 6th, 2017 the deadline for them to implement the cultivation rules that's 48 lv 1 license and 48 lv 2 license.

They have drafts of the rules but none that have been set in stone so it's still up on the air what the final cost of each license will be and the exact square footage each license will authorize the cultivator to utilize. Ohio is still very much in LIMBO atm. I am watching closely and hoping to be able to return to my home state and become licensed but its seeming far fetched atm.