What's new

DHN Sfv OG and Grape Ape

good job.. im liking the way the SFV looks..the grape ape too. you said you ran them with a 400w LED..how was the yield on everything??

nugs are just falling over - I never had this problem but I needed to tie a bunch of colas up, I need to lower my scrog and maybe add another layer - going to work on filling it up more for the THC Bomb - also just got a dosidos cut :dance013:

grape ape curing:

IMG_5430.jpg

purpleplayer007

Good sh!t...the SFV looks like it has some weight on it and that purple looks nicce. How easy was it vegging with the LEDs ?. It seems like OGs like them best in veg in my experience. I haven't tried them yet in flower. How's that grape ape taste smoked?

BTW what was the total time start to chop..I was going use my 400mh to veg my OGs but I might just do all LED..

Hi purpleplayer007 - the sfv did really well while vegging under my LEDs - if you have a nice 400w mh I might stick with that but it wouldnt hurt to try - she really took off fast I only vegged for about a week or so

Sfv of took 78 days after flip so safe to add 10 days for the veg time for a approximate total of 88 days from start to finish.

I only topped once - I would have liked to veg and top more with her tho - I revegged the biggest yeilder and hopefully will be able to keep her around.

EDIT: I forgot to add about the grape ape. The curing process is just taking shape and the nugs are starting to smell grapy - very interesting. The taste however, is just like a stereotypical purps - nothing special. I really get tired of the taste of purps and was hoping for something a little more exotic - maybe as it cures I will pull that skunk smell into the flavor. The smell is dynamic and everchanging - smelling better each day so perhaps the taste will mature as well. We will see with time. Take care :tiphat:

Last edited:

purpleplayer007

I hear you, when the skunk smell isn't there in the grapes then it tastes more like blue dream or blueberry. The right balance and its perfect. ..I might use LEds as supplemental light for the 400. I like how yours looked under them by themselves.

Kinda like if there's NO lemon in an OG then it kinda tastes like chemdog. I like good chemdog
tho

I haven't tried chemdog but I just tried chem scouts by ICC and man it had that chem taste so dank!
I tried holy grail og and it was super gassy - first OG I tried.
The SFV cut I got is all lemons it smells exactly like when you peel a lemon lol - I haven't ever experienced a lemon smell so it was cool but prob will stick to the more gassy OG's - I totally agree with you, but it is really nice to try and yielded pretty fat :biggrin:

You are totally right on that grape ape - it would totally taste like blueberry without the skunk I love skunk weed so I'm glad I could pull out that smell

the trick to LED is to not let the plants get close to them at all - all my dank buds are the ones furthest away from the light - at first they really like a lot of light but later in flower they can burn really easy and just stop growing - thing is the sill stop growing (as big) before they burn so it fucks up your yields. I had a friend whos plants literally bleached over night - they were looking dank then one night then bleached out pretty bad - took me a long time to figure out because the burn looks like a cal/mag def - but here is a good page on it:
http://www.growweedeasy.com/led-grow-lights-burn-cannabis-buds

and I totally agree - my best buds are about 18" away from the light

Last edited:

purpleplayer007

+1 on not keeping the plants too close during flower..Same thing with MH or HP's even if your temp is cool enough give em some distance. When I first started the second fat bud was always danker than the very top