What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Philippines president calls for drug addicts to be killed

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
When they told you as a child that drugs were bad for you this is what they were talking about... Banana Republic dictators killing you on the streets.

igrowone

Veteran
a little more fuel for the fire
Duterte is talking martial law, interesting
the claim is the average Filipino likes this guy
i wonder how some martial law will go over?
just saying if he's been doing so great, why did you need to go there?

redlaser

Veteran
Nine months or a year ago when he first took power in the Phillipines people took him seriously and some drug users got charges/ charged so they could be in jail where they would be safer from him at least. Supposedly they were sleeping/ staying on the stairs three wide and crowding every other area as well. Wonder how much worse it is today, it was over three times capacity I think at that time. Got inlaws in the area that aren't happy about it.

Be great to get Duterte and Trump together and have something fatal happen, two for one.

The latest is he's says he's going to bomb kidnappers and doesn't care if the hostages get bombed at the same time. He says the hostages would be collateral damage.

Guys out of control.

But when things are really bad economically and with high crime that's when people turn to more extreme politicians, such as the Germans did with the Nazi party.

igrowone

Veteran
the usual reason for declaring martial law is dramatic loss of public support
and the people begin to look much more threatening, usually described as a misguided/sick minority
they would have whacked Marcos last time if the mobs had gotten their hands on him before he flew to the USA
so sleep easy Duterte, i'm sure things will work out for you

St. Phatty

Is this where we get to ask for a Firing Squad,

and see if we can stop bullets, like Neo ? :woohoo:

Not sure it works if your hands are tied behind your back, though.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well hopefully people know better then to spend their money in the PI as it supports this tyrant.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Looks like Gypsy Nirvana got out of there in time, otherwise he might have ended up on his list.

Gypsy has had a tough road and every time he gets his head above water it would seem there is another wave BUT the fact that he keeps coming to the surface is the part that is remarkable

this was one of those bullets dodged because if he wasn't extradited my guess would be his life would be in danger

igrowone

Veteran
if Duterte actually is popping fentanyl's
probably a good chance he may end up dead from overdose
a fitting end, would love to read that obituary

Too late - nydailynews.com says

"His decree has left at least 6,000 people dead"

What a mother****er, sorry I find no other words.

Whoa, 6,000?
Can you link the source?

I wonder how accurate that # is, fucking insanity

It's the first of my two links above.

edit: Seems there are different numbers. NYT says 'just' 3000 dead.

Rodrigo Duterte on Killing Criminal Suspects: ‘I Used to Do It Personally’
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/14/world/asia/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-killings.html

'As president, he has led a nationwide “war on drugs” by the police and vigilante groups, which has left more than 3,000 people dead.'

Lets all pray fentanyl will do the job.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
it is genocide on the impoverished and mentally ill

this is the suck part of being a minority in any demographic

you can't cull addiction from the gene pool anyway so it won't have any lasting effect except more of the same

Gry

Can recall reading of Mark Twain saying how we should not have any involvement with the place from the start. Read that he paid dearly for taking that position.

Latest posts

Latest posts