What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If the State of Florida passes a mmj bill?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
why do i feel like no one in here is talking about the same thing as anyone else?

dis wat i'm talkin bout

https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Medical_Marijuana_Legalization,_Amendment_2_(2016)

Allows medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating medical conditions as determined by a licensed Florida physician. Allows caregivers to assist patients’ medical use of marijuana. The Department of Health shall register and regulate centers that produce and distribute marijuana for medical purposes and shall issue identification cards to patients and caregivers. Applies only to Florida law. Does not immunize violations of federal law or any non-medical use, possession or production of marijuana.

click the link to read the full text of the bill. it's literally one to two pages of text, you can do it buddy. :tiphat:

this is not charlottes web. when this passes. the health department will have to go back to work to choose more growers and dispensaries. and it does not immunize any non medical use, which actually means it immunizes medical use. you gotta play their game man, words are how they trick you into doing things you don't want....like voting on a solar power amendment that actually cripples solar for the people and gives the power to the energy companies. slick shit these sophists.

soph·ist
ˈsäfist/Submit
noun
noun: sophist; plural noun: sophists
a paid teacher of philosophy and rhetoric in ancient Greece, associated in popular thought with moral skepticism and specious reasoning.
a person who reasons with clever but fallacious arguments.

P-NUT

Veteran
I will vote for the new bill but I wont hold my breath on the peoples will actually happening. The republican retards in charge will surely fuck it up. Who appoints the people at the department of health? Never seen that position on a ballot here so I guess its probably some elected official. I guess i will have to google that 1. Do you really think they're gonna let us grow? Only if you have miliions in the bank already and are willing to pay the bribes(application fees) without a guarantee youll get a permit. Thats so ass backwards since when does a business operate based on a lottery system? Its truely antiamerican but so was the whole war on drugs. I say hang the traitors that have stolen peoples money land and freedom.

P-NUT

Veteran
And fyi i know the lottery was the old charlottes web bill and btw it does allow for high thc oil now. But the dept of health will get to set the rules and it will be same old shit. I hope im wrong and got 40 acres of pure sativa planted in a year or 2. I will invite you and windy over and get yall so high that yall become best friends lol

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
we're gonna grow regardless. this just gives us a legal loophole. which they would rather not have which is why they fought it so hard. but this is just a foot in the door. we can go the cali wa/co route and fine tune the law after it's cemented that we have medical.

Brot

why do i feel like no one in here is talking about the same thing as anyone else?

dis wat i'm talkin bout

https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Medical_Marijuana_Legalization,_Amendment_2_(2016)

click the link to read the full text of the bill. it's literally one to two pages of text, you can do it buddy. :tiphat:

this is not charlottes web. when this passes. the health department will have to go back to work to choose more growers and dispensaries. and it does not immunize any non medical use, which actually means it immunizes medical use. you gotta play their game man, words are how they trick you into doing things you don't want....like voting on a solar power amendment that actually cripples solar for the people and gives the power to the energy companies. slick shit these sophists.

Once again I say, it gives NO ONE the right to grow, EXCEPT THE CHOSEN FEW! After 5+ decades in this state, I know the games they play. Caregivers are allowed to HELP, thats it!! No growing! You really think Rick Scott is going to give up his thievery? Hell no! Hes got big Pharm/Private Prisons(fed private prisons BAD/state private prisons GOOD) I dont care how many people(over 60%, which is bullshit), the laws will be chopped apart, county by county, town by town! Orlando, Winterpark, both just enacted a 9 month moratorium(ban) on even TALKING about any shops opening up! So its total bullshit! No stinking law will EVER stop growing!!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i dunno why you keep saying the chosen few i showed you it's medical for medicinal and even if you don't fit the strict criteria and grow it for medicine i'm sure you can easily win a court case if it ever comes down to it. so long as you aren't really just about growing weed to sell in which case just keep doing what you've been doing regardless. even if the bill did allow all kinds of ailments including headaches you still wouldn't be able to just start selling weed on your own. the tax man needs his cut. always.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
PBL,

you are offering dangerous advice bro.

ive read the amendment and no home grows allowed.

how do you come to the conclusion that the law may allow home grows?

at best i see that if the amendment passes and flowers are able to be purchased from a licensed dispensing outlet then cops may not be able to investigate further when the smell of Cannabis is present and the individual is a card carrying mmj patient.

for me if i hold a mmj card then how does leo know who grew the Cannabis i possess?

i see you have posted a few times to use the language against them to get out of trouble. just make sure you comprehend the law or consult an attorney before you try it....jmo

peace

Brot

i dunno why you keep saying the chosen few i showed you it's medical for medicinal and even if you don't fit the strict criteria and grow it for medicine i'm sure you can easily win a court case if it ever comes down to it. so long as you aren't really just about growing weed to sell in which case just keep doing what you've been doing regardless. even if the bill did allow all kinds of ailments including headaches you still wouldn't be able to just start selling weed on your own. the tax man needs his cut. always.

I dont know if your illiterate, or just want to argue. Here are the FACTS!
NO legislation has been introduced or discussed , about legal home grows. NOT EVEN FOR ONE PLANT! This is NOT California! Dont know how many times, YOU have been in front of a judge in Fl. I dont care who your attorney is, or how much you pay($10's of thousands), you will STILL be convicted!! The criminal justice system in Fl., is tied to private prisons. There NEVER going to let a case go, when they can fine you, take your assets, and once you fail (and you will) probation, they stick you in Starke! Dont know what Starke is? I suggest you look it up!
Do you really think that after 50+ years, a FREE MAN, that has grown for 40+ years, I dont know what the fuck is going on? Do ya??? Get serious, stop telling bullshit, before some dumbass kid takes your advice, and land in jail! Lastly you WANT to give the tax man money? Are you a cop?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Anyway keep being ignorant to sophisticated language. I can't help you. Lawyers are all double talk. I suggest you learn to comprehend what they're saying before they legislate you all into labor camps.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Anyway keep being ignorant to sophisticated language. I can't help you. Lawyers are all double talk. I suggest you learn to comprehend what they're saying before they legislate you all into labor camps.

i hope your not talking about me b/c i have no problem comprehending law as it is written and also how its interpreted.

im not the one giving dangerous advice on an interpretation of law not yet written.

all we can go on is the language on the amendment and from what ive read it states nothing regarding home cultivation.

i guess it shouldn't surprise me you cant back up anything. put on your tinfoil hat and proceed.

peace

Morcheeba*

Veteran
... the health department will have to go back to work to choose more growers and dispensaries. and it does not immunize any non medical use, which actually means it immunizes medical use...

from the full text of the amendment

LIMITATIONS
(2)Nothing in this section shall affect or repeal laws relati
ng to non-medical use, possession, production, or sale of marijua
na.
(3)Nothing in this section authorizes the use of m
edical marijuana by anyone other than a qualifying patient.

(10)“Qualifying patient” means a person who has been diagnosed to have a debilitating medical condition, who has a physician
certification and a valid qualifying patient identification ca
rd. If the Department does not begin issuing identification cards
within nine (9)months after the effective date of this se
ction, then a valid physiciancertification will serve as a patient identification card in order to allow aperson to become a "qualifying patient" until the Department begins issuing identification cards.

if you dont qualify or have a card then any ammount of Cannabis will still be illegal.

peace

you can not home grow marijuana in FL under any law, proposal or amendment. FOR has a full legal petition that has no limits on anything but thats way down the line

Mr. Miyagi

Heard today on NPR that the bill passing looks promising. 86% Democrats 68%Republicans...67.8% Overall... let's hope it passes.... Recreational will NEVER make it without med first...

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
If the Department does not begin issuing identification cards [/FONT]
within nine (9)months after the effective date of this se
ction, then a valid physiciancertification will serve as a patient identification card in order to allow aperson to become a "qualifying patient" until the Department begins issuing identification cards.

it clearly says that if they haven't started issuing card by june 2017 your doctors note IS your medical card.

"if there's no dispensaries and no medical cards how else is a sick person supposed to get his medicine your honor? "

:judgebelike: case dismissed.

“Medical Marijuana Treatment Center” (MMTC) means an entity that acquires, cultivates, possesses, processes (including
development of related products such as food, tinctures, aerosols, oils, or ointments), transfers, transports, sells, distributes, dispenses, or
administers marijuana, products containing marijuana, related supplies, or educational materials to qualifying patients or their caregivers and
is registered by the Department.

says MMTC...doesn't say 'dispensary' the charlottes web bill doesn't have MMTC anywhere in it. therefore the 5 dispensaries are NOT the MMTC spoken of in the amendment 2. an MMTC is exactly as is outlined above.

learn lawyer talk. like i said this is the best thing going and it's pretty loopholey.

Mr. Miyagi

For a plant and a culture that's supposed to be about peace and love, why is there always so much animosity towards each other? I don't get it...

Morcheeba*

Veteran
PBL /Stihg,

mmtc or dispensary. wrong word but not interpreted wrong.

and if the state fails to establish guidelines and doesnt issue id cards then the dr. rec. is your i.d. and therefore you are not breaking any laws. why would you be in front of a judge?

how is a law that has not been written loopholey? will there be loop holes, probably but to what extent has yet to be seen.

learn lawyer talk......are you going to teach me. thats assuming you have a greater knowledge of fl criminal law that i do. im down to learn but you have not taught me anything other than i used the wrong word describing where a patient buys their Cannabis meds.

anyway, i hope you never run foul of the law and have to put your defense in action.

peace

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
PBL /Stihg,

how is a law that has not been written loopholey? will there be loop holes, probably but to what extent has yet to be seen.
A.) dunno why you keep calling me stihg the name clearly says pbl.

B.) i guess the crux of our argument is that you don't understand that these words here are the law. My mistake. :tiphat:

I'm afraid i didn't read the rest of what you wrote. I figured because B.) everything else you said was prolly wrong too.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
A.) dunno why you keep calling me stihg the name clearly says pbl.

Cause you are Stigh - and anybody that's been here before would recognize you from a mile away.

B.) i guess the crux of our argument is that you don't understand that these words here are the law. My mistake. :tiphat:.

No, they are not the law, they are the words of proposed legislation. And to have this corrupt legislative body "sort out the details" after it passes means people that pay get to play and no body else gets in on the deal. Not me, not you, nobody but the players with the $$$ to make it happen.

Did you not notice how Adam Putnam rewarded his large agri-business constituents on the Charlotte's Web bill and it still took them 2 years to make medicine available to sick people?

Did anybody even legally challenge how those growers got the Charlottes Web genetics into Florida and across all the state lines where cannabis remains illegal??

Maybe you should try to fully comprehend a broadly worded proposed amendment that the legislature can still twist into anything that they want it to be before spouting ill advised legal advice to the general public and encouraging illegal home grows that will get people busted.

I'm afraid i didn't read the rest of what you wrote. I figured because B.) everything else you said was prolly wrong too.

Cheeb was more than polite with you, and more than once. You literally have no idea what you're talking about from a legal or political perspective. Please stop encouraging people to undertake activities that you are presenting as quasi legal which will not be legal under any sane interpretation of this amendment.

Latest posts

Latest posts