What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Worst Concert You've Ever Been To

expealadocious

Never been to a bad one per se... the local metal shows are a bad scene tho...mucisc good...people...not good.

The best concert ive ever been to hands down is WEEN

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

in the early to mid '80s I was hooking up w/a small group of friends and going to a shitload of punk rock concerts, always in the smaller venues w/o any seating up front for the mosh pit & slam dancing.

the worst concert? most of the lesser known bands bit the bullet.

But!!!
Dead Kennedy's = awesome, Black Flag was stellar & how lucky were we to be living in the Ramones backyard??? we saw them often.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Worst... Rolling Stones at Wembley, they booked 7 or 10 nights

Days before the stadium was half full, it was football, England v Yugoslavia, World Cup or Euros in another capital, so tickets for the Stones gig were going for just 5 pounds in the car parks that night... so we drove up hoping to buy tickets cheap enough

Tickets were ... sod that, lets go home.

Ah, we cant... car is now stuck in the car park in a solid mass of cars

So, we are trapped in the car park, a bit of blustery wind around the stadium making sure there is nowhere with decent sound

After, we were trapped in the car park till 2am waiting to get out

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Joe Cocker in Albuquerque early 70's
he was so drunk he was falling down and couldn't remember lyrics. waste.

Saw Joe in Calgary in '76, on his birthday. So fucking drunk he fell off the stage...but that was Joe! :)

A few days later a chick 'dragged me' to see Styx...nearly committed suicide that night...need I say more!

Peace
BM

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
New Order at Brixton Academy last year,,,,
with Peter Hook gone,,the band had no heart or soul,,forgive the pun,,
going through the motions and the audience knew it,,,,,s2

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I don´t know if it was a bad concert? For me as a 15 year old kid from the province, it was exciting. It was spring/summer 1980 The Damned played in Berlin. The leadsinger was on LSD, the bassplayer Cptn. Sensible said and he sang all the lyrics. While Dave Vanian was running crazy through the audience, dressed like a vampyre, until the roadies catched him.:biggrin:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran

in the early to mid '80s I was hooking up w/a small group of friends and going to a shitload of punk rock concerts, always in the smaller venues w/o any seating up front for the mosh pit & slam dancing.

the worst concert? most of the lesser known bands bit the bullet.

But!!!
Dead Kennedy's = awesome, Black Flag was stellar & how lucky were we to be living in the Ramones backyard??? we saw them often.

Wish I could have seen Dead Kennedy's!!! I had front row for first PIL tour, in NYC. Forget the venue, it was small, think the Ritz.

Best taped concert I ever saw, by far, was Jeff Beck and friends at Ronnie Scotts in England.

Some people mentioned concerts being too loud. I learned from NJ nightclubs to pack my ears with napkin pieces.

WelderDan

Veteran
Worst - Rush, Roll the Bones tour. The venue was a baseball stadium, with only a portion roped off for the concert. Worst sound ever. Muddy, couldn't tell what they were playing.

Runner up worst - Pink Floyd in Orlando. Rained so fucking hard you couldn't see the band. Or hear it at times. We left and went to the hotel and got ssssshhhtttuuuuupid.

Best - Rush, Moving pictures tour. Mobile Municipal Auditorium, Mobile Alabama. Ab-so-fucking-lutely amazing show.

shithawk420

Veteran
best concert ever for me was the last ozzfest.2006 i think.Black sabbath,judas priest,slayer slipknot,everyone was there.my dad almost got busted rolling joints in the parking lot.swear to god ozzy commented on how good my dope smelled.swear to god.however it was probably my buddies worst concert cause he broke his nose in the mosh pit.looking everywhere for him.found him on the side of anmbulance with blood everywhere.good times!fuck i wanna see rush so bad.but its 75 bucks for a shitty spot.

Floridian

Veteran
The best most memorable for me was Allman Brothers/Grateful Dead in 1976 I think it was at RFK stadium in D.C.The worst had to be Jimmy Buffet in the D.C area about 10 years later.I'm glad I didn't pay for those tickets lol,Don't know really what I was expecting but whatever it was,it didn't happen!

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Went to a Keller Williams concert one time. No energy from anyone, including Keller. I thought his studio songs were way better. Just a weird and slow, low energy...not sure what was going on.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
1974 Anchorage AK..Jackson Browne..

1974 Anchorage AK..Jackson Browne..

Took some L dragged the lawn chair out as the concert was at a drive in...

Things were getting late, his Baby Grand piano didn't arrive and he cancelled.

The L was starting to hit me :party: The the warmup band started playing it was KISS

I had never heard of them and was totally amused, more fun than the lord should allow

Mean1

I was talked into and given free tickets on the floor to a Seether & Shinedown show maybe 10-12 years ago...and as they introduced one of their new songs (staring down the barrel of a 45) I remember thinking...point that barrel at me please and end this shit show. it was a painful 2 hours

starke

Mid 70's at University of Florida. America. Opening act was Burton Cummings from The Guess Who after he was solo. He kicked ass. America took the stage and were obviously fucked up as soup sandwiches. Couldn't harmonize for shit and since all of their songs relied on their harmony it was a real shit show. Sister Golden Hair would have been pissed.

Fiddynut

Alice in Chains......lead singer was in a wheelchair with a broke leg. Sucked ass.
That reminded me I once saw suicidal tendencies and Mike Muir was in a cast sitting on a couch with broken leg.
Probably the worst was a James Taylor concert I went to in the 90's. Talk about no energy I think I was bored to sleep.

growshopfrank

Veteran
aerosmith in the mid 80's. they were so strung out we booed em off the stage. thank god uncle ted opened up for them, he came back out n played for another hour or 2.

aerosmith was the worst for me too. Saw them 3 times and the "toxic twins" sure lived up to their name...
Got to say that the Detroit concert scene was damn good from the late 70's to around 2000 got to enjoy everything from Bowie to Zappa. good times.

ChinggisKhaan

California Jam 2 1978

We were in the middle of the track about 350 yards from the stage. It took us 3 hours to get there from our car. Sat on a blanket most of the day and listened to awesome music but couldn't see the stage. Of course there were no giant video monitors back in 78'

Latest posts

Latest posts