What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suspicious projects

Suspect

Veteran
I think it comes down to a insuffiecient exhaustion fan which had a capacity of 160m3/h, I think it should be atleast 250m3/h for this setup.

Any thoughts?

mcfly420

sheet metal duct elbows

section of straight pipe directly before/after the fan, might require moving the fan out of the tent?

delta9nxs- you will also get a higher flow rate by putting tuned length ducts on the inside and outside of the fans. the proper tuning is one fan diameter in duct length on intake and two fan diameters in duct length on exhaust.

so if you have a six inch fan you would run a 6 in piece of ducting on the intake side of the fan and one foot piece of ducting on the exhaust side of the same fan. smooth ducting, no accordion pleats or convolutions.
If you have a lot of ducting outside the tent maybe use an increaser+ larger size instead?

I think its redgreenery that has a ventilation sticky in the growroom section. Theres a table showing how much actual air youre moving if you measure the intake/exhuast temps. That way you could see how much improvement the changes make.

N

nukkumatti

Use 360 minimum with the 400.. better 420.

I use 880 with one 600 bare in the summer normally.. now I got the same with 2 x 600 and my temps goes up to 32c 10cm from the bulb.

Well lightrail is coming this week and I think that will sort out my temp problems. :)

Looking god bro! Love your sattys!!

Suspect

Veteran
Alright, thanks guys, it's time to get those tentwalls bend inward like the cheeks of a crack addict. :D

The plants are currently under ~90W fluoros, they took some heat damage and turned light green, so they gonna relax until I fix ventilation. :)

Great job suspect... I will be sticking around I run a vert cool tube now in the desert and am interested in your tests for heat.. Do you plan on upgrading your exhaust fan?

Suspect

Veteran
yes definitely getting a more powerful exhaustion fan asap, my ventilation is outdated and originally deisgned for 250W. I think the growshop sold me a ventilation package with an insufficient fan back in the day when i bought my 400W cooltube combo, even the carbon filter was ridiculously small..:D
If only one day I'd get new strains ordered :)

Yeah I had heat problems horizontal and needed an upgrade exhaust and bought a710cfm fan/filter combo and cool tube from ebay which worked but I really just needed a quality exhaust like a max fan or vortex... Now I'm saving for a quality fan (not cfm quantity fan) so I can remove my cool tube for my vert.from my experience buy the quality fan.

mrsmall

nice read

nice read

Good stuff
i am interested as to how far your buckets are from the bulb and then the plants from the bulb?
You got pretty hot temps there,what size is your extraction fan, i am pretty sure if you upped it you would sort out that issue,
i got 5 x 600w lamps running in a 2.4 metre by 2m tent and my temps not go above 30 deg with a 6" carbon filter fan and only passive intake, i got 2 of the lamps horizontal cool tubes running with a 5" fan outake,
then 2 parabolic shades, then 1 x 400 mh vertical in the middle,
this is my last run in this size i gotta give up the space an go with a small tent,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=239160

check it out if you like, as for your grows i impressed man, keep up the good work i will be stopping by
cheers!

Suspect

Veteran
New Fan

New Fan

mrsmall Wow 3kW :D I will be checkin your projects!

A loud new fan has arrived, well loud n loud but I was surprised about the noise anyway..It always says extra silent motor on these Fan descriptions
:laughing:
picture.php

420m3/h Temperature and Rotation speed Adjustable.
Currently set to 100% rotation and aim temp. 27C. Temps in the tent upperpart 34C, 31C/ closer to the bulb.
Any advice is very much appreciated with the speeds and temps, thanks! :D

Finally back to barebulb, ladies told me they were getting tired of the fluoros. :huggg:

Suspect

Veteran
How exciting, Colombian Haze has been attacked by spider mites.
I have the spider repellant ready to aim, lucky to find it in VEG. :)

Heavy pyrethrum spraying. Think they will be gone in a week.
Temps in the tent now 28.5C on the floor and 32C in the upper parts of the tent.

EDIT. New adjustments, floor temp 24.5C and middle parts 27C.

archverm

Hooray! Glad to hear you got your temps proper. What kind of adjustments did you make?

I bought 800m3/h exhaust fan for my next project after reading about your high temps. Noise was terrible so happily I smashed it to pieces. :laughing: Tomorrow i´m going to buy a smaller one.

Suspect

Veteran
1) sealed the door's edges that lead to my tent, now cold air flows in ONLY at the bottom of the door, that actually made a 2C difference.
2) Directed the exhaust pipes to better get the hot air out.
Pictures coming soon, I sprayed the plants with Pyrethrum but I did it against recommendations when temps were high and lights on So the leaves are a bit burned..:facepalm:
:)

Suspect

Veteran
2 males

2 males

2x Jack Herer :1help::whiteflag:
BB and Col.Haze both male.
picture.php

Overfed or mag deficiency?
Older leaves become light between veins
picture.php

picture.php

Suspect

Veteran
Miraculous recovery from spider mites and some deficiencies.. :)

2 Jacks

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also vegging some new plants for the next round..

kalastaja

Look great :) have you liked WoW? Sorry i have bad english....
Joten siirryn suomen kieleen että saat edes jotain selkoa mitä yritän kertoa :D Hyvä tuo ensimmäinen kuva koska siinä on hyvä idea miten saa lampun roikkumaan:thank you:

Suspect

Veteran
Look great :) have you liked WoW? Sorry i have bad english....
Joten siirryn suomen kieleen että saat edes jotain selkoa mitä yritän kertoa :D Hyvä tuo ensimmäinen kuva koska siinä on hyvä idea miten saa lampun roikkumaan:thank you:
Vahingos tuli toi bulberi tohon noin sopivasti, ketjua ylöspäin 30cm on virtajohto kiinnitetty ketjuun leikatulla ketjunpalasella.

Latest posts

Latest posts