What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 pounds per 1000 watt... organic?

The New Jersey medical marijuana regulations can be downloaded here:
http://www.state.nj.us/health/med_marijuana.shtml
I have also been cleared to attach the .pdf file, see below for the old and revised regulations.

On February 3, 2011, the Department of Health and Senior Services posted proposed new rules outlining the registration and application process for patients, primary caregivers, physicians, and alternative treatment center to participate in New Jersey’s Medicinal Marijuana Program.

The rules replace those originally posted in November 2010, and differ as outlined in the Summary section of the proposed new rule.

DHSS also revised the Request for Applications to Establish and Operate a Medicinal Marijuana Alternative Treatment Center to provide additional clarification.
The official version of any departmental rulemaking activity (notices of proposal or adoption) are published in the New Jersey Register and the New Jersey Administrative Code. Should there be any discrepancies between this document and the official version of the proposal, the official version will govern.

Please note the comment period for this proposal begins on the date of publication of these rules in the New Jersey Register, which is anticipated to be February 22, 2011. Comments received that are not within the 60-day comment period cannot be considered.

Attachments

• Draft Regs.pdf
    343.1 KB · Views: 45

vaped

Holy smokes New jersey put the smack down. I think what new Jersey has done is set it up so you need alot of start up capital. I dont think they will make growers law abiding citezens at a very good rate. I wish you luck in your adventure and hope you set these people up propper. Hopefully this gives Jersey a chance to see how great the medical qualities of this plant are and they loosen up a little.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
why are people so THC crazy?? There are cannabinoids that can potentiate THC 4x. a plant with the a THC level of 7% can easily hit you like one with 28% provided the proper ancillary cannabinoids. All the strains people hype for high levels of THC i usually build a tolerance to very quickly. It will hit hard the first or second session then it tapers off to a dull boring high. Good cannabis has a complex high with very little tolerance build up, that means ancillary cannabinoids not just THC. lol everybody loves me ;)

Holy smokes New jersey put the smack down. I think what new Jersey has done is set it up so you need alot of start up capital. I dont think they will make growers law abiding citezens at a very good rate. I wish you luck in your adventure and hope you set these people up propper. Hopefully this gives Jersey a chance to see how great the medical qualities of this plant are and they loosen up a little.

NJ regulations state that home growing is not allowed. That makes me want to puke. But it does demonstrate why some folks not in CA want to make 215 less inclusive, usually via recreational legalization, which would drop the number of people abusing CA MMj system. We seem to have set the example on how to abuse medical marijuana.

Now please excuse me. I have to go transplant my 25 legal "medical marijuana" plants into their final homes. ;)

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I'll give some more details. I am consulting for some folks in NJ applying for a MMj grow. No one has been accepted yet, although many have applied.

We are thinking about maximum efficiency over the long run on a 30+ light operation. What I am considering:
1) is it more cost effective to add more lights, or try to push past 2.5 lbs per light?

of note: we are on commercial electric, and space is not an issue. the only limit is 99 plants or 99 kilos per harvest.

also of note: organic is a state requirement :)

GL with the NJ licensing issuance, that's an entirely different thread imo.

With the plant numbers limitation, I wouldn't bother with small(er) plants.I'd go straight for longer veg times/large (10-15 gal.) containers.Ran in 3 phases.

Best of luck.

Sidenote:
I just hit 1.12 gpw(organic/soiless/hand-watered) with 6's, 3 per 1K should be achievable.Only one real way to determine efficiency though.

GL with the NJ licensing issuance, that's an entirely different thread imo.

With the plant numbers limitation, I wouldn't bother with small(er) plants.I'd go straight for longer veg times/large (10-15 gal.) containers.Ran in 3 phases.

Best of luck.

Sidenote:
I just hit 1.12 gpw(organic/soiless/hand-watered) with 6's, 3 per 1K should be achievable.Only one real way to determine efficiency though.

Thanks. The licensing is above me, I'm just the grow/trim/dispensary guy. 15 gallon pots with hand watering is the plan. I am not holding my breath on this.

and NICE on the 1.12 with 6's. Is that with light movers?

forty

We are thinking about maximum efficiency over the long run on a 30+ light operation. What I am considering:
1) is it more cost effective to add more lights, or try to push past 2.5 lbs per light?

of note: we are on commercial electric, and space is not an issue. the only limit is 99 plants or 99 kilos per harvest.

i personally think it would be a mistake to set up fewer lights and have to depend on a 3# or even 2.5# per light yeild to achieve a per harvest weight goal.

most yeilds claimed here are a best when things are dialed.. far from hitting those numbers every harvest with different strains, with 30 lights, and having to do it organically.

take the price it costs in electricity to run a single 1k away from what you yeild from it... it's minimal.

i'd set up the grow on a more conservative yeild estimate of 1.75# to 2# per light and reach (or exceed) that goal consistently instead of having fewer lights and missing the mark.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Thanks. The licensing is above me, I'm just the grow/trim/dispensary guy. 15 gallon pots with hand watering is the plan. I am not holding my breath on this.

and NICE on the 1.12 with 6's. Is that with light movers?

No light-movers, 3x600 inline/vented/purpose-built room and a whole lotta love :).I'm chompin' at the bit to give DWC a go in there.

The other thing I like about longer veg/larger containers is that it makes it easier to propagate a well-liked strain as well.

Best of luck with it all, keep us posted. :ying:

SSM :joint:

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
Plants are stuck at 99. Lights are unlimited.

The tweaking that I am referring to is physical labor, ie low stress training. This is hourly work, and will add expense to each cycle.

What I am trying to figure out is if the added hours of labor will outweigh the added yield, from increased LST techniques.

And if the LST techniques will slow down the overall life cycle, will that extra couple days of growth outweigh the added yield?

LST is ALWAYS worth it. especially with sativas. I think it only takes a day or two to recover for a healthy plant, but their is immediate response. I started playing with lst years ago, and will never go back. training branches to reach light effectively can vastly improve the harvest.

I also like Alaska brand products, not sure if they are certified organic, but they are made from lots of good organics. check em out.

Bongstar420

Lets see..You can do this and you hand it to people who are already rich. Why shouldn't they figure it out on their own? How is this not polluting the world with unskilled rich people?

Also, at +2lbs/lamp, why is the rich owner whining about some $13/hr labor (entry level grow help)? Tell you what, when they do 100% of all the work, let them worry about it then. The head grower should get a percent take (in this case, 50% is more than fair given the owner would fail miserably on their own) and the lackeys should be getting $30/hr min. That is $400k per harvest in revenue not counting concentrates. $20k-$40k in electric. You got a casm of lee way before the profit isn't worth it. The "investor" sounds pretty damn douchey to think you should pull that for them.

I'll give some more details. I am consulting for some folks in NJ applying for a MMj grow. No one has been accepted yet, although many have applied.

Floridian

Veteran
I got close to two pounds per 1K vertizontals with co2 enrichment with a very full flower room,Maybe with some strains it's feasible but to me it strains the imagination to think of three.I was ecstatic with 1.6-1.8 and an accessible 8 by 8 flower room,but then again I wouldn't grow any strains like big bud.I really don't think organic or inorganic makes any difference