What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House Republicans Just Rammed Cispa Through

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
the Tea Party House members are a bunch of dumbshits, who have held this country down for the last two years. I hope a bunch of them get thrown the fuck out in November... Start with Eric Cantor and Joe Walsh... fucking obstructionists who care about nothing but helping the rich get richer...

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Just like Obozo said he was going to veto NDAA, but then he waited til new years eve and signed it into law when no one was paying attention.

No shit. Are people REALLY that naive? I mean... do they REALLY think Obummer would pass up a chance to strip even MORE rights from the people?

I say No Way! He'll sign that with popcorn and a stripper jumping out of a cake to celebrate. *shrug*

Stay Safe! (Buy your ammo in small lots and with CASH) :blowbubbles:

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
really see the FEAR the elites and Government have of the masses and what they're up to.

epic-fail-photos-and-what-a-world-it-would-be.jpg

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea I am really skeptical about the whole national security jive after Homeland Security.

I am trying to gather all the info on this for us but need more time going to be busy today. I've been scouring trying to find an actual copy of the bill but I am guessing none exists to the public because it hasn't even gone to the Senate which means it could get WAY worse or much better or not even happen at all. Personally like I said last night I think we should all vie for some legislation providing us with constitutional rights. I am sick and tired of corporations having free access and rights to sell our personal information to the government and everyone else in a billion dollar industry. I am worried that this bill lacks many things but especially the impediment that they cannot SELL the information. If they can't make a profit they would be more inclined to not disseminate information that is not of national security interest but there better be a safeguard anyways.

For those of you up in arms here is a link to the ACLU site where you can sign the petition AGAINST it. I will wait until I can figure things out more cuz we definitely have serious problems with foreign governments trying to destabilize us by stealing personal information and committing massive fraud in our financial system with it. We have to do something about identity theft and the internet period but it needs to be done in a way that does not impact our freedom and privacy.

https://secure.aclu.org/site/SPageServer?s_subsrc=SEM_msn_Search-Cispa_Stop+CISPA_CISPA+what+is_p_1285462988&pagename=SEM_CISPA&JServSessionIdr004=9ogl4hmxz6.app225a

I will post up all the relevant info I find over the next couple of days but it may be useless since the Senate can do whatever they want to the bill.

One thing everyone should realize here though is that the title of this thread is misleading. Almost every democrat voted for this too:
The House passed the amendment, 410-3.
and the original vote was
On a bipartisan vote of 248-168

If this is the case we need to vote everyone out of office like we should have with homeland security, TARP, and imo health care although more controversial to some.

G

greenmatter

easy to hate the guy who is office when he is in office (and i'm not saying i don't) ....... but i don't recall the last clown or the clown before that or the clown before that doing a whole hell of a lot to give us more rights or protect the ones we HAD:tiphat: and i must have missed how pro weed all the clowns before this clown were.

the game is rigged ........ and it is our collective fault. while we focus our bitching and screaming on each other the guys who are screwing us all are screwing us all.

divide and conquer

rootfingers

Oh, I don't know how misleading the title is. After all the speaker sets the agenda and I don't recall Nancy's house bringing up shit like this during the 111 session. they were doing things like trying to pass budgets, save our economy, and provide people health care.

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 192

H R 3523 RECORDED VOTE 26-Apr-2012 6:31 PM
QUESTION: On Passage
BILL TITLE: To provide for the sharing of certain cyber threat intelligence and cyber threat information between the intelligence community and cybersecurity entities, and for other purposes

....................AYES NOES PRES NV
Republicans .. 206 ...28 ... ...... 7
Democrats .... 42 ... 140 ... ..... 8
Independents
Totals .......... 248 ...168 ... ..... 15

G

greenmatter

Oh, I don't know how misleading the title is. After all the speaker sets the agenda and I don't recall Nancy's house bringing up shit like this during the 111 session. they were doing things like trying to pass budgets, save our economy, and provide people health care.

BILL TITLE: To provide for the sharing of certain cyber threat intelligence and cyber threat information between the intelligence community and cybersecurity entities, and for other purposes

AYES NOES PRES NV
REPUBLICAN 206 28 7
DEMOCRATIC 42 140 8
INDEPENDENT
TOTALS 248 168 15

true !!! but that was after every single one of the assholes in BOTH parties passed the patriot act without reading it. just another thing to protect us right?

fool me once shame on you. fool me twice .......

the system is corrupt and we need the system to fix it, but i don't see anyone in the system even making an attempt at changing things. go figure

maybe my memory is to long

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

....................AYES NOES PRES NV
Republicans .. 206 ...28 ... ...... 7
Democrats .... 42 ... 140 ... ..... 8
Independents
Totals .......... 248 ...168 ... ..... 15

I already posted the same number you posted but you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that everyone in both parties voted for the amendment version. The first was bipartisan the amended version which is the version that passed was voted for by all 3 members. How can you possibly say the title is not misleading lol?

The reason it is being brought up is because we do need to have legislation to stop foreign government from continually hacking and stealing shit from us. It is a national security problem.

The House passed the amendment, 410-3.

410 for and 3 against is not the republicans slamming something through lol...neither was the first vote you quoted while leaving out the second for convenient reasons. The first is bipartisan the second is a landslide. You have no argument. Fact is both parties have been screwing us since the 50's we have the nanny state left and the police right. Both are equally dangerous to our liberty and don't give a fuck about you.

Conveniently it is deleted every 30 minutes?

Bill Text
112th Congress (2011-2012)

Your Search Has Timed Out

Search results in THOMAS are temporary and are deleted 30 minutes after creation.Please try your search again.

Thanks for trying really wish we could read this.

Last edited:

rootfingers

Damn, I don't know why they do that. Maybe so it is difficult to link people to what is going on in our congress?

Anyway, go to house.gov and navigate around there a bit, people should be able to find it.

HR 2096 is the amended version you are talking about?

moondawg

This is comical! The act will be vetoed but you folks in cali and other states that are legal: MITT ROMNEY HAS PROMISED TO MOW YOUR ASS!!!

I have seen him in 2 differnt interviews state that he will direct his drug tszar to " shut down these dispensaries becasue theyre just fronts for cartels and drug dealers". "There will be 100 raids on dispensaries in my first 100 days". He also slammed the tv shows, "american weed", claiming it glorified drug use and criminality. He stated "the doctors that are trafficing in marijuana should and will have their license revoked".

I heard it with my own ears. If Romney's elected, every dispensary in this nation will have "wanted" owner..
Gooodbye medical marijuana

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think so root the whole system seems designed to be smoke and mirrors. I found it abhorrent that the health care bill was passed without being read and so many people in our government thought that is a good way to make legislation that is the to benefit or detriment of millions of people. I think both parties are dividing and conquering and we eat it up.

I don't know the title to the amended version trying to find it. I think it is ridiculous the news agencies don't include the actual words in their reports and just the rhetoric of both parties. Perhaps they can't find the bill either? No idea really.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is comical! The act will be vetoed but you folks in cali and other states that are legal: MITT ROMNEY HAS PROMISED TO MOW YOUR ASS!!!

I have seen him in 2 differnt interviews state that he will direct his drug tszar to " shut down these dispensaries becasue theyre just fronts for cartels and drug dealers". "There will be 100 raids on dispensaries in my first 100 days". He also slammed the tv shows, "american weed", claiming it glorified drug use and criminality. He stated "the doctors that are trafficing in marijuana should and will have their license revoked".

I heard it with my own ears. If Romney's elected, every dispensary in this nation will have "wanted" owner..
Gooodbye medical marijuana

Yup Romney and Obama will do the same. This was front page foxnews today main headline when I woke up:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/26/obama-still-unclear-on-medical-marijuana/

We need to eat it on both sides of the aisle and start voting third party. Screw these guys.

moondawg

And thats a peculiar circumstance 40amps. I heard Obama himself state the other day that the most common question he gets from both public appearances and on the white house e-mail: "Why wont you push to decriminalize marijuana?"

moondawg

And thats a peculiar circumstance 40amps. I heard Obama himself state the other day that the most frequent question he gets from both public appearances and on the white house e-mail: "Why wont you push to decriminalize marijuana?"

The issue of cannabis legalization in the only real issue i know of in which politicians totally ignore the desires of the public. Well over 50% of americans think medical cannabis should be legal yet congress works to stiffen penalties and increase enforcement.

RetroGrow

Veteran
You sound like a republican that is odd?

Don't make me laugh. I have nothing but contempt for Republicans or Democrats. They are the same. Two sides of the same coin.
Without a strong third party, we are doomed to be enslaved by Republicans & Democrats ad infinitum.

devilgoob

Veteran
That means my USB camera on my computer can be be seen.

That means I could be waving my genitals and some super-sexy CIA agent girl that's on a girl team tells the whole girl team....WATCH THIS!

And teh exploit the technology allllllllll day.

I

Iron_Lion

Welcome to the police state, all heil Obama.

Last edited: