What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Loyalty - MMMMMMMmmmmmmm............ Best pic I've seen in a while! LOL I haven't had any real pif in about 6 months now, and I can smell your pic........

Thump88

loyalty7 said:
thump88 is that a pic of the ny haze or the west coast super silver, and was the taste and smell very similar.

That is a pic of the west coast SSH. I remember a very distinct haze taste, the smell was skunky which I wasn't expecting

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Just got back from East Coast Nugs and Jugs. It was a sick event. Big ups to Outkastt, Dr. LongBottom, JoeSchmoe, and Stinky Attic for winning those cups! Sick herb!

The seedlings are looking fine. They are about a week old.

n2prs said:
i wish i had some piff right now, or any strain for that matter. We use to get it all the time here in north jersey but i lost my connect so been dry all summer so far :(
Get lost. That was pathetic.

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
The Lineage:

The parents of Uptown Haze are unknown. Period. But these seeds came from HIGH GRADE Uptown. Church, Frankies, Brown, WTF?! This is Uptown Haze. Period. Call it what you want, those that live in NYC and surrounding areas KNOW. These seeds came from THE BEST Uptown I've ever come in contact with. I've come in contact with more than most as I used to transport. The growers of this strain DO NOT give it out. I know some personally. They are PISSED I AM DOING THIS!

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
whoa, thats hard on the eyes, but when you work with something thats has cornered the market commerically its common for those that supply it to get mad when you "step on toes", but fuq all that, keep the preservation project rollin :joint: its not like your trying to push weight yourself.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Sorry about that, just wanted to make that clear so we can talk about the plants I am growing.
I don't want this to be another thread about the different grades of Uptown Haze and the different names it has. There are other threads here for that...
This is a grow thread with a purpose. Which is to make authentic NYC Uptown Haze a stable strain.
Exactly as birdintheair explains, this is a strain that has cornered a market and has thus been kept from being made available. I would like change this because I believe this herb ranks as some of the best I have ever smoked, WHEN IT'S GROWN COMMERCIALLY! I can only imagine how this good of a smoke this strain is when dialed in...
So the excitement I have comes from the fact that I have successfully obtained and germinated seeds that anyone who know the strain, are SELDOM found. My excitement is amplified due to the fact that I personally know that the seeds came from THE BEST I've smoked.
I am more than happy that these are the genes I'm starting with...

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
ART, this sounds real good, and it sounds like you're doing it for all the right reasons. I wish the best for this project, I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes in the months ahead.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Damn Straight Art. I can compare the super skunk that I used to get commercially (grown in soilless in big rooms with dry ferts,) with my own, and it's not even close. I am sure that the pif gets SOME love, but it is def commercial to supply a 20 million person metro area. I have a spot reserved for the 2 harvests a year or whatever from her in my room.....

EDIT - Hit em male or female with something nice and stable...... What's the plan?

:headbange

Last edited:

strained

i wish you all the luck in the world art. ive been reading alot about this piff shit lately .cant wait to see pics of the plant

strained

oh and one more thing is there any sort of legend of the piff you know about . the group who discovered it how they discovered it etc. every hyped strain needs a story man :)

xOOx

cool art!

waiting for more info on its history, try to get the back story!!

i know people think the piff grown with love might be even better, etc. that may be true, but you know i have a theory on that. i think it is what it is, no matter how its grown, stick it on your window sill, and 80 days later, it will kick your ass, etc. but we shall see. i know that after 7-10 days dry, it smokes as smooth as - and hits like 30 day cured bud, even while still a little damp and wet (just have to hold the flame to it to get it goin), and its funk kicking up a storm too, no cure to bring that out. smoking the dried fan leaves give me a little pick me uplifting buzz! i've noticed from a nice dry/cure that just makes the creeper effect come on a little bit quicker. the thc profile on this girl runs inside its veins, not just exposed visible in the trichomes, its the juice inside - even if you split the stem down the middle, theres white elmers like goo in there, that will send you to the moon if you qtip it out and smoke it! i think the strains that have tons of fan leaf trichs are more for hash making.

i wish ya luck mon :rasta:

xoox

strained said:
...the group who discovered it how they discovered it etc.

I second this. It be cool to know the real story. Didn't you say you knew someone from the crew personally Art? Do you think he'll be willing to let you know about the true history? Best of luck right now brother, hopefully you'll have females.

OldPath

L

Lune TNS

Keeping an eye on this one. Props for this art, gotta love that piff.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
OldPathBluSky said:
I second this. It be cool to know the real story. Didn't you say you knew someone from the crew personally Art? Do you think he'll be willing to let you know about the true history? Best of luck right now brother, hopefully you'll have females.

OldPath

Two words my friends. La Republica Dominica.

Dominicans have had a choke-hold on a certain niche in NY's marijuana market for MANY years. I do in fact personally know 2 growers of this strain. One of them is taking an offensive position and threating physical harm. He knows that the seeds are from his product and has DEMANDED that I stop immediatly. I made this thread last Monday the night before I attend the 2008 East Coast Nugs and Jugs event. There was a no cell phone policy at the party and I was there most of last week. So I just got these messages. Why don't you chime in? Still think this internet shit is BS? I'm sure everyone here would LOVE to hear what you have to say about WHY we can't all have these gentics. Most of us don't grow commercially and those that grow it for personal use probably have been growing and not purchasing marijuana for a long time. So how could this negativley affect your business?
I'm not trying to cop a plea homie. I've made it VERY clear to you. FUCK YA! Lucky for all these people that want this strain, I AM A G, and I'll deal with you in the real world. HOWEVER YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH IT. I just hope YOU make the right choice homie. This is historic and LONG OVERDUE. So if you think ONE person is going to stop this, you're BUGGIN!
And it is interesting to me that our other friend hasn't called me yet. Does he support this? I know you're reading this. So let me know if I have 1 or 2 enemies please.

The seedlings are doing GREAT! One was a little lazy and I propped him up with a toothpick. The stems will strengthen. I post some pics when they get a little bigger.

I'll be on the block tonight if you're looking for me!...

G

If i buy a bag of weed and ther is a seed or two in it then its mine and i would do what ever i wished i would grow it out give free clones,cross it make seeds spread it out.send it to some breeders in the uro market and say go at it.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I just typed another huge response only to have it lost by this BS posting system. You guys at IC should try and fix that. I've had it happen ALOT, and I'm sure it pisses of others...

I see a need to reveal certain things about myself so that everyone can have a good understanding.

I have been smoking marijuana for 12 years. Growing up in and around NYC, I was always the one with the best weed. I made it a point to be. Even those that sold would frequently ask me my opinion of thier product. This turned into a passion for growing, and now has become a need to stabilize this strain.

My knowledge of cultivation gained me access to certain circles in life that I would otherwise be denied. My first commercial grow was deep in the hood of Opa-Locka, a suburb of Miami. My business partner sold cocaine at a fraternity I would attend parties at. He saw me rolling up some Dutch Passion Blueberry I grew and questioned me about the smell. I gave him a nug and told him to try for himself. He called some kids in the frat to ask if I was still there, then returned to tell me the weed was so potent it made him vomit. He asked me where I got it and if I could hook him up with some. I told him I had very limited quantities because I had grown it. This peaked the man's intrest and he continued to question my knowledge of the grow. Impressed, he finally asked me if I would set up and grow in a 3 bedroom home he had access to that was vacant. Being at that time a personal grower, the idea was seductive, and I couldn't say no. Within one week we were spending $4000 on eqipment. I did 6 runs there. Cash flow began.

This is what gained the respect of certain individuals. I was courted several times in Miami to join a set and grow for them. I never did. I did get involved with transport. This is what strengthened my NY connections...

Miami to NY is a scary place to be.

It's like descending to Hell (NY) from Heaven (MIA) and I-95 N is purgatory. The closer you get to Hell, the more things heat up.

Anyway, my reputaion as a grower followed me wherever I went. A couple of Dominican growers who had heard about me asked to meet me. We kept in contact and dicussed grows. At some point in the course of chilling and drinking, I was professing my love the Uptown Haze and dude slipped. He said, "This haze ain't got a thing on what I crank out." My jaw dropped and we stared at eachother. The first thing I said was, "Let me get a cut." He cracked a smile like he'd been caught and said, "Chill, chill, homie. We'll talk. We'll talk." So we talked. I somehow ended up settling for moving the weight and getting the direct hook up from him (the grower) at a price that is infathomable. I inquried about the origin of these genetics to which he replied, "God has them down in Georgia. He's only give it out if you run it for him." He was reffering to the leader of DDP, not a higher power. I asked him, "What if I run a house for him? I'm down fa that." He looked at me seriously and said God wouldn't allow it, because I'm a white boy. I got flustered, hating when the people play the RACE card when it's convienient and knowing I was a more staunch individual than 90% of them.

That continued on for years. I played a sort of middle man, dishing off the Haze to an associate in Brooklyn. This guy was insrtucted (by me) to save any seeds he might find and give them to his friend, my brother.

I just recently asked him if he had any. He said he did indeed have 4 seeds. He gave them to my brother and upon inspection, I was pleased to say the least. All four of the seeds were large, dark, with a few stripes on them. One clearly has a hairline fracture in the shell. I germinated all four. The one that was cracked, wad cracked. And one of them didn't pop.

So from what I know, I can tell you that, IN MY OPINION, the Uptown Haze is a phenotype of some type of 100% haze that has been going for YEARS. Being that the seeds came from a room of clones, I would like to think that these are females but I'm not sure of the science...

That is that. I hope for those that know me personally, this doesn't change you opinion of me. I do not deal in ANY hard drugs of ANY kind now. My only concern is marijuana. And now, the preservation, stability, and availability of it.

You are now 100% in the know and up to date.

Now, I'm talking DIRECTLY to YOU. How'd ya like that???

~~ARTofMAKINGfire~~

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
DRorganic said:
sounds like a lot of made up drama.all it looks like is plain old haze or pure sativa.
Honestly, I don't want to see BS like this on this thread. Clearly you have not had any experience with this herb. There are many respected people here who will attest to the fact that Uptown Haze can be compared to some of the finest smoke they've smoked. Please don't even respond to this. If you're not interested, leave the thread and make room for those who are!

dan woody said:
If i buy a bag of weed and ther is a seed or two in it then its mine and i would do what ever i wished i would grow it out give free clones,cross it make seeds spread it out.send it to some breeders in the uro market and say go at it.
That is true. There are some other factors involved in this situation, but that's the idea. If they let a seed out of thier room, it's thier fault. They should've thought about that and broke up every nug looking for seeds! LOL.

Latest posts

Latest posts