What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mike's perpetual grow diaries

Limeygreen

Veteran
I got some surreal going as well here Mike, don't mind the messy tent and chickweed it's not a problem for me. I am excited to see yours going as well and see what you find. I am planning to get these bigger, take some cuts (pics are last week) then get 1-2 feet tall before flip.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Welcome friends ! As you may have noticed, im fan of incense flavors / smells View Image

black vietnamese is fruity incense and mother, I used for incense sticks, is very incensy, it is same cut that is offered by Kiona buds, this is their description:"Collectively known as the New York hazes, which share both a high degree of genetic overlap, and a number of names, “Frankies”, “The Church”, “Piff”, sometimes referencing how the burned flowers cause the room to smell of Frankincense, used in some Catholic masses. Their origin is somewhat of a mystery, but it is safe to say, they are all derivatives of the Northern Lights #5 X Haze hybrid developed in Holland in the 1980’s. Our “Uptown Piff” possesses all of the qualities that make a great NY Haze. With gorgeous resin spangled foxtails of calyxes, and an odd odor of band aids with a delicate floral syrup background, the Uptown Piff will be immediately recognized by those familiar with the best New York Hazes. This says nothing of the effect, which hits fast with an energizing euphoria."

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
“Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul” – Luther Burbank

unnamedmike

nice!
pulling up a chair
Welcome eyesdownchronic :tiphat:

I got some surreal going as well here Mike, don't mind the messy tent and chickweed it's not a problem for me. I am excited to see yours going as well and see what you find. I am planning to get these bigger, take some cuts (pics are last week) then get 1-2 feet tall before flip.
View Image

Excited too about seeing other people surreal plants, thanks for share :tiphat: do you have an open thread? I'm also going to grow the seedkings, take cuttings, get roots and flip to bloom early. The times ive bloom sativas from seed, ive regretted it

black vietnamese is fruity incense and mother, I used for incense sticks, is very incensy, it is same cut that is offered by Kiona buds, this is their description:"Collectively known as the New York hazes, which share both a high degree of genetic overlap, and a number of names, “Frankies”, “The Church”, “Piff”, sometimes referencing how the burned flowers cause the room to smell of Frankincense, used in some Catholic masses. Their origin is somewhat of a mystery, but it is safe to say, they are all derivatives of the Northern Lights #5 X Haze hybrid developed in Holland in the 1980’s. Our “Uptown Piff” possesses all of the qualities that make a great NY Haze. With gorgeous resin spangled foxtails of calyxes, and an odd odor of band aids with a delicate floral syrup background, the Uptown Piff will be immediately recognized by those familiar with the best New York Hazes. This says nothing of the effect, which hits fast with an energizing euphoria."
Thank you Maha :tiphat: I am almost convinced that the next round will germinate the incense stick, it makes my mouth water to read the description. I hope to find a great male to keep, i would like to cross incense stick * everything

Double root double plant....I like it....but.....I choose only the strongest or grow both?
Yes bro, im keeping both twins, I'm curious to see the developmental differences.

Last edited:

unnamedmike

picture.php

picture.php

This round they are at 12/12 photoperiod, instead 11/13, and now they have 100w of halogen light next to the 400w cxb3590. The ssh8 seems a different plant with these changes, much more sativa now.
picture.php

Ive take cuttings from all my mothers, they are temporarily in water, sharing a shelf with several F2 sshp#5.
picture.php

A pretty good looking drseedsman cbd female

picture.php

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
I'll get a thread up and running when I get them into the flower room, Need to transplant them now and get them up to size, will take cuts from lowers after in flower or just before, next 2-3 weeks I think when they will show their sexes.

unnamedmike

I'll get a thread up and running when I get them into the flower room, Need to transplant them now and get them up to size, will take cuts from lowers after in flower or just before, next 2-3 weeks I think when they will show their sexes.
Feel free to upload photos here, they will be very welcomed :)

Some of the plants that i tried to cross have given me seeds. SSH8 *Amnesia1 (30 seeds) *sshp5 aka super super(10 seeds) and *destroyer2 AKA super silver destroyer haze(6 seeds) It seems that i have hardly gotten pollen, i imagined that something like this was going to happen, but with this amount of seeds it is enough for me to test my female super silver haze#8 as pollen donor.
picture.php

New batch of cuttings, 7 of my 8 keepers, amnesia#6 missing, plant particularly difficult to root. There are between 6 and 9 cuttings from each mother, 3 per pot. Some cuttings will be for smoke, but above all i want them for crossing with my female supersilverhaze4, before begin testing new strains.

picture.php

cbd SOG, ssh SCROG
picture.php

unnamedmike

unnamedmike

I've been thinking about the best possible crosses using the Surreal males. I'll be doing Surreal F2, and i would like to use the pollen to make other crosses.
Surreal has no skunk or northernlight in her genes, my only other mother without these genes is Destroyer
I had in the fridge 14 seeds of original delicatessen's Lilly . I think that of the possible crosses, this is the most suitable for hybridization with the surreal males. Pure sativa IBL, +-60 days of flowering. Motivating, euphoric effect, tropical terpenes, pineapple.
There are still about 6 weeks for the flowering light to end, i hope that gonna be enough time to grow large Lilly plants. The 14 seeds have popped in less than 24 hours, they are already in coco.

unnamedmike

I'm popping 3 seeds from each of the 3 feminized ssh8 crosses. I would rather have fewer plants growing, I still don't have a dedicated growing area, but I can't keep accumulating home-made crosses. I'm happy accumulating F2s, but with crosses, curiosity kills me.
Thanks to a single ssh8, the bloom room stinks of a trash can in the sun / cheap gas, badly. Watering in the morning sometimes I'm not 100% awake, and when you enter the room it hits you in the face, the smell of a garbage truck breaking a gas outlet.
Destroyer2 has terpene profile of cough syrup, "hard" drugs burned, pungent. I think it will be a great parent with ssh8.
Supersilverhashplant5 fills you with a feeling of well-being. Taste / aroma of hash and ripe mango.
Amnesia1 is half ssh8, 25% soap / cream 25% super tropical mango. Very very stimulating effect, too cold if you overdoses, less than 9/10 weeks at 11/13. Shes my adult lifetime punk breakfast.

Thanks to the experience gained from the current SOG, i know that between 30 and 40 plants, 1.5 meters high, can fit in the flowering tray (1.8m * 1.25m). With 14? Lilly fem seedlings, the 13 Surreal reg seedlings, and the 9 fem seeds from ssh8 crosses, I fill the space. In an emergency, I have several cuttings rooting.

In case someone needs the information: After several years dragging the problem of fungus gnats, I have solved it with a chemical called glutaraldehyde. Among other uses, it is used in aquariums under the name of fluorish excel. It is also a great sanitizer, I alternate it with calcium hypochlorite, with favorable results.

Lilly
picture.php

cbd
picture.php

picture.php

ssh8
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am almost convinced that the next round will germinate the incense stick, it makes my mouth water to read the description. I hope to find a great male to keep, i would like to cross incense stick * everything

you will see if you will like it, if it is your cup of tea. at least it will be something new for you. I mean that cross not incense :D. surreal could give you some incense plants too. there is livery incense from oaxacan79. very delicious. surreal as hybrid should provide different kind of sativa than ssh or destroyer. very mexican with piece of haze and ghani. very spicy sandalwood and some lemonade/lemon cola with litchi, grapes, livers and incense :D it depends on pheno. there will be shorter ones, and taller ones. taller will be more hazy. your pleasure is my pleasure.

unnamedmike

you will see if you will like it, if it is your cup of tea. at least it will be something new for you. I mean that cross not incense . surreal could give you some incense plants too. there is livery incense from oaxacan79. very delicious. surreal as hybrid should provide different kind of sativa than ssh or destroyer. very mexican with piece of haze and ghani. very spicy sandalwood and some lemonade/lemon cola with litchi, grapes, livers and incense it depends on pheno. there will be shorter ones, and taller ones. taller will be more hazy. your pleasure is my pleasure.

Your description of these strains is very helpful, they are new genetics for me. I'm particularly attracted to the fact that they don't have any skunk or nl in their blood (I love a good nl or skunk, but it saturates me to always smoke something based on skunk / nl)

Trying new varieties is always a bit of a surprise, but i prefer it to growing only cuttings. The next popped seed may be the choosen one xD

The surreal twins are already separated and each one in its pot. They are smaller than their sisters, but just as healthy.
picture.php

picture.php

One of the 14 lillys turned yellow and died before throwing the shell away. 2 seeds have not released the shell yet. The remaining 11 already show cotyledons.

picture.php

mum Destroyer2

picture.php

mums destroyer and SSHs
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
old school spears

old school spears

Your description of these strains is very helpful, they are new genetics for me. I'm particularly attracted to the fact that they don't have any skunk or nl in their blood (I love a good nl or skunk, but it saturates me to always smoke something based on skunk / nl)

Trying new varieties is always a bit of a surprise, but i prefer it to growing only cuttings. The next popped seed may be the choosen one xD

The surreal twins are already separated and each one in its pot. They are smaller than their sisters, but just as healthy.
View Image
View Image

One of the 14 lillys turned yellow and died before throwing the shell away. 2 seeds have not released the shell yet. The remaining 11 already show cotyledons.

View Image

mum Destroyer2

View Image

mums destroyer and SSHs
View Image

looks good. yes, it is without nlsk. I could cross SSH or neville´s haze with some mexican, but it would not be so interesting. mother of surreal is proved. many say it smokes almost like pure haze. and some cant take its energetic psychoactive effect. it is great haze hybrid without much indica. yet it doesn't yield well, buds are not compact. so in this regard I had to improve it. I didn't want to smash special cerebral effect by some too heavy indica hybrid and keep short flowering time. I think male I chose is great for it, it is old school mexican heritage, some say Zacatecas purple in it.. who knows, it is definitely hybridized with afghan, but it was bred towards mexican effect. so while surreal is hybrid and not pure mexican, it keeps that character typical for old school mexican spears. level of energy is higher than at nlskhazes.

unnamedmike

looks good. yes, it is without nlsk. I could cross SSH or neville´s haze with some mexican, but it would not be so interesting.mother of surreal is proved. many say it smokes almost like pure haze. and some cant take its energetic psychoactive effect.
Until recently my breakfast was one / two expresso jugs + destroyer / Mexican hybrids. It sounds like a incongruous, but stimulant varieties help me a lot with hyperactivity / inattention. Surreal look like the strains what i was looking for.
it is great haze hybrid without much indica. yet it doesn't yield well, buds are not compact. so in this regard I had to improve it. I didn't want to smash special cerebral effect by some too heavy indica hybrid and keep short flowering time.I think male I chose is great for it, it is old school mexican heritage, some say Zacatecas purple in it.. who knows, it is definitely hybridized with afghan, but it was bred towards mexican effect. so while surreal is hybrid and not pure mexican, it keeps that character typical for old school mexican spears. level of energy is higher than at nlskhazes.
picture.php

Mutant lilly
picture.php

ssh8
picture.php

Germinating without a rest. It's been less than two weeks since the mother plants were harvested, and her daughters are already growing, 2 out of 3.
supersilverhaze8 * destroyer2
picture.php

Last edited: