What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Honduras x Panama feminised

Tangwena

Veteran
Curious if you could expand on this a bit. How did they differ from each other? I guess I am wondering if there was much difference in the high you experience from different light sources, if any?
I used to use two 375w CMH bulbs in a cool tube probably the best buds i have grow indoors.
Then I got two 240w Chinese copies of American quantum boards which is what I am currently using.
I always suspected the LED lights produced different buds so I clone a Mulanje (Malawi) and grew one clone under the LEDs and one in the sun using coco and the same nutes on both.
The LEDs came in quicker by a 2 to 3 week margin despite growing both in the WA equivalent of Autumn so the outdoor clone showed sex straight away at the same time as the indoor clone.

The indoor was much more dense and stickier chunky buds the outdoor was more leafy and smelled different more menthol and pine compared to the indoor which was sweeter honey and floral.

After curing for around 12 months after cobbing they are both funky smelling but the outdoor is much more palatable chewed with a distinct very different smell and taste like nothing I have had before.

The high off of the indoor is powerful and a little stony finishing.
The outdoor is like an instant shot of speed very fast acting and gets me really fucked up but not slow or tired, more like a super man feeling like riding on the nose of a rocket.

They could be thought of as completely different plants not even related they are that different.
IMO the LEDs are great and you get a huge harvest of resin covered buds.
The outdoor is vastly different in looks and effects much cleaner high.
If I could grow outdoors legally I would but I cant so indoors rules.

first pics indoor last pic outdoor its easy to tell the difference.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

RED 1

I used to use two 375w CMH bulbs in a cool tube probably the best buds i have grow indoors.
Then I got two 240w Chinese copies of American quantum boards which is what I am currently using.
I always suspected the LED lights produced different buds so I clone a Mulanje (Malawi) and grew one clone under the LEDs and one in the sun using coco and the same nutes on both.
The LEDs came in quicker by a 2 to 3 week margin despite growing both in the WA equivalent of Autumn so the outdoor clone showed sex straight away at the same time as the indoor clone.

The indoor was much more dense and stickier chunky buds the outdoor was more leafy and smelled different more menthol and pine compared to the indoor which was sweeter honey and floral.

After curing for around 12 months after cobbing they are both funky smelling but the outdoor is much more palatable chewed with a distinct very different smell and taste like nothing I have had before.

The high off of the indoor is powerful and a little stony finishing.
The outdoor is like an instant shot of speed very fast acting and gets me really fucked up but not slow or tired, more like a super man feeling like riding on the nose of a rocket.

They could be thought of as completely different plants not even related they are that different.
IMO the LEDs are great and you get a huge harvest of resin covered buds.
The outdoor is vastly different in looks and effects much cleaner high.
If I could grow outdoors legally I would but I cant so indoors rules.

first pics indoor last pic outdoor its easy to tell the difference.

View Image View Image View Image

"The high off of the indoor is powerful and a little stony finishing.
The outdoor is like an instant shot of speed very fast acting and gets me really fucked up but not slow or tired, more like a super man feeling like riding on the nose of a rocket"
Are the hallucinations any different?
Same strain grown both outdoors and indoors
:)

Tangwena

Veteran
"The high off of the indoor is powerful and a little stony finishing.
The outdoor is like an instant shot of speed very fast acting and gets me really fucked up but not slow or tired, more like a super man feeling like riding on the nose of a rocket"
Are the hallucinations any different?
Same strain grown both outdoors and indoors
The effects are very different both good though.
I prefer the soaring outdoor high and taste.
The indoor high is very strong knocks me out laying on the floor tripping in my head until i start to level off then a very stoned feeling plenty of laughing and listening to music is a real blast.
The outdoor is more wanting to dance, laugh and act the clown without a care in the world totally fearless which can be a problem in public as police seem like my long lost best friends.
I like both but they are very different in effect and its purely down to the different lights IMO.

I like very much the effects of the Panama x Honduras grown under LEDs its super strong chewed very trippy euphoric and energetic I like who I become when I am high on it. It makes me wonder what it would be like under our hot Aussie sun going by the Mulanje results I would say it would be very good also.

woolybear

Veteran
Went ahead and grabbed a 3-pack of Honduras x Panama Feminized from real gorilla seeds.

10 sterling shipping is rough, but hopefully they'll arrive as fast as my last order.

I got about 5 foot of space to work with. Would you agree that 12/12 from seed is a good idea?

Tangwena

Veteran
Went ahead and grabbed a 3-pack of Honduras x Panama Feminized from real gorilla seeds.

10 sterling shipping is rough, but hopefully they'll arrive as fast as my last order.

I got about 5 foot of space to work with. Would you agree that 12/12 from seed is a good idea?
Most def I have only 3 foot of clearance and thats touching the lights haha.
!2/12 and top them at the 4 or 5th node you should have 6 huge colas on each plant.
Just make sure you give them enough root space, wide shallow pots are fine as long as the roots can expand the roots are what makes the buds.
Give them a bit of bloom ferts once they start flowering and you will have huge running colas in no time.

woolybear

Veteran
Most def I have only 3 foot of clearance and thats touching the lights haha.
!2/12 and top them at the 4 or 5th node you should have 6 huge colas on each plant.
Just make sure you give them enough root space, wide shallow pots are fine as long as the roots can expand the roots are what makes the buds.
Give them a bit of bloom ferts once they start flowering and you will have huge running colas in no time.

Definitely - the plan would be to top and mainline them, taking the two top shoots and turning them 90 degrees so that it looks like a 'T'

Wide shallow pot = I'll have to get one. Ooh, maybe I can do hydro, a bubbler or deep water culturer. Knowing the the plant should be fem opens up the options!

Bloom ferts = got that (jacks 10-30-20 bloom booster)

Should be interesting! Also! I'll have no problem proving a hot tent and plenty of food. Just have to time the ventilation so that there's time for heat to build up.

2021 MINI HONDURAN JUNGLE GROW IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

Tangwena

Veteran
Definitely - the plan would be to top and mainline them, taking the two top shoots and turning them 90 degrees so that it looks like a 'T'

Wide shallow pot = I'll have to get one. Ooh, maybe I can do hydro, a bubbler or deep water culturer. Knowing the the plant should be fem opens up the options!

Bloom ferts = got that (jacks 10-30-20 bloom booster)

Should be interesting! Also! I'll have no problem proving a hot tent and plenty of food. Just have to time the ventilation so that there's time for heat to build up.

2021 MINI HONDURAN JUNGLE GROW IS GOING TO HAPPEN!
I noticed you asked Dubi in the Aces thread about constant reflowering if I may answer you here.
With sativas and in particular this strain once the main bud sites are established you will get bursts of growth white pistils roughly every 7 to 10 days.

As the first flowering starts to fade and turn orange anew burst of reflowering will occur adding to the previous growth.
Each time you get a reflowering it will double or triple the size of the bud as the new flowering builds on top of the older flowering.
You can easily get 3 to 5 reflowerings each more generous than the last.
As the calyx swell from the earlier flowerings the colas and buds become very dense and top heavy.
These plants produce huge colas and buds if you give them the right amount of food and the time 12 to 14 weeks flowering.
This cola was outstanding cobbed from a 2019 grow of the regular seeds.

picture.php

RED 1

The effects are very different both good though.
I prefer the soaring outdoor high and taste.
The indoor high is very strong knocks me out laying on the floor tripping in my head until i start to level off then a very stoned feeling plenty of laughing and listening to music is a real blast.
The outdoor is more wanting to dance, laugh and act the clown without a care in the world totally fearless which can be a problem in public as police seem like my long lost best friends.
I like both but they are very different in effect and its purely down to the different lights IMO.

I like very much the effects of the Panama x Honduras grown under LEDs its super strong chewed very trippy euphoric and energetic I like who I become when I am high on it. It makes me wonder what it would be like under our hot Aussie sun going by the Mulanje results I would say it would be very good also.

Police are trained to read eyes before approaching an 'incident'
Always asking questions,found that out when living when in Denmark,15yrs ago,to come accross them,face to face, 3 times since I've been smoking,growing sativas in Greece
A clear eyeball when extremely high,my 15yr daughter took a close up photo of it when I was tripping(that's another story),will disarm,fool even the most trained cop,friend,loved one
No need to run away with the euphoria all the time,I switch and in 'silence' I study people
Silence has a tone.A very special sound when on sativas

Tangwena

Veteran
Police are trained to read eyes before approaching an 'incident'
Always asking questions,found that out when living when in Denmark,15yrs ago,to come accross them,face to face, 3 times since I've been smoking,growing sativas in Greece
A clear eyeball when extremely high,my 15yr daughter took a close up photo of it when I was tripping(that's another story),will disarm,fool even the most trained cop,friend,loved one
No need to run away with the euphoria all the time,I switch and in 'silence' I study people
Silence has a tone.A very special sound when on sativas
Absolutely my friend its not the red eyeballs that give me away its absolutely crazy shit that comes out of my mouth ha ha.
Fortunately me being a pensioner and looking old and senile I get away with heaps of stuff a younger more mentally agile guy wouldn't, its the only thing I like about being old they just think you crazy old bastard who let this one out ha ha.

RED 1

Absolutely my friend its not the red eyeballs that give me away its absolutely crazy shit that comes out of my mouth ha ha.
Fortunately me being a pensioner and looking old and senile I get away with heaps of stuff a younger more mentally agile guy wouldn't, its the only thing I like about being old they just think you crazy old bastard who let this one out ha ha.

Grey circle around the iris denotes age of body,or,cholestrol 'issues" that body carries
So a healthy skin odor is easily detectable from a healthy nose?
According to my 21yr old son,and,15yr old daughter mum smells musty,old,repulsive,and dad is hard tripping on Golden Tiger Thai,listening to this
Half hour later,daughter turns to son,and,wants to try hash because she's curious and wants to find out "how it feels"
I was done with my ex,three years ago when she found my skin odor floral,spicy,sweet and something she obviously didn't like,as a woman!
Perfect trip,when sativas protect you,even that way from all negativity

Tangwena

Veteran
Grey circle around the iris denotes age of body,or,cholestrol 'issues" that body carries
So a healthy skin odor is easily detectable from a healthy nose?
According to my 21yr old son,and,15yr old daughter mum smells musty,old,repulsive,and dad is hard tripping on Golden Tiger Thai,listening to this
Half hour later,daughter turns to son,and,wants to try hash because she's curious and wants to find out "how it feels"
I was done with my ex,three years ago when she found my skin odor floral,spicy,sweet and something she obviously didn't like,as a woman!
Perfect trip,when sativas protect you,even that way from all negativity
Ha Ha very cool brother thats a bonus for sure.
I know GT is like a nurse for me one trip and I've been fixed up and mentally cleaned out feeling fresh and ready to go.
Aces products are top notch for mental tripps I always want to go all the way and fly knowing that no matter how high I go there is a smooth landing and I can go again the next day.
Today I had some 2 year old early picked Pan Honduras cob and boy did it fire up.
I walked down to the beach and just stared at the water it felt like I was downloading an update to my mind to be used when I go fishing in my boat this weekend.
If I was an Aborigine I would have been asking the local spirits permission to fish in their ocean. I was so connected to nature it was a very strong feeling like downloading their knowledge and permission to fish. I am sure I will also be guided to the best spot to fish. we shall see ha ha.

Koondense

Veteran
Damn Tangwena, sounds like my kind of trip :)

I absolutely gotta try cobbing some sativa bud this year!
You're a huge inspiration brother.

Cheers

Tangwena

Veteran
Damn Tangwena, sounds like my kind of trip :)

I absolutely gotta try cobbing some sativa bud this year!
You're a huge inspiration brother.

Cheers
Thats nice of you to say my friend, the many people who have tried this and reported good results stand as testament to its efficacy.

The old growers in Malawi knew what they were doing thats for sure.
Mix that with some of Aces modern hybrid and pure sativas and you cant go wrong.
I certainly cant get this high any other way.

Latest posts

Latest posts