What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Punch

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I think the sample i had was 18% thc, .08% linalool, .08% thcv which are respectable numbers.... but only .1% pinene and .1% myrcene... Something like that..... So had a decent amount of the rare stuff, but low on the normal terps\overall terps.... I'll try to remember to find the jar and look at the numbers.

Perfect cure, straight purple... beautiful.... Like a sweet and peppery grape.....

I smoked it with 0 tolerance... First ive smoked in months, and still wasnt top shelf.... I liked it, but it needs something to amplify it.... Need a terp boost... Maybe more thcv to give it complexity.

Just like most hype strains.. It looks special.

Queef

After growing and smoking the cut id say it looks great its smells ok and smokes mediocre its not a strain to get me stoned.

I tossed my purple kush cut to run purple punch and regret that mistake. I only run 1 berry cut in my garden and right now its a plant called sour razz smells like sour diesel sour berries and kush out yields pp and pk and flowers faster than both cuts. Nyc diesel x mendopurps is the cross. Soo punch didnt stay to long.

Just goes to show ya looks can be decieving and dont believe the hype

MedResearcher

Veteran
purple punch = 2018 blackberry kush :)

Agreed, lol. I saw a sample few weeks back, almost instantly I was like, "this reminds me of blackberry kush."

The blackberry kush, was always sort of a mystery as to what it exactly was. Who knows for sure, but I do remember some people leaning towards the opinion that it was some sort of a Purple x OG cross. It reminded me a bit more of a Bubba than an OG though.

I like the smell on the Purple Punch a little better than the Blackberry Kush. They both have that super frosty bag appeal, they both flower fast and prematurely.

Who can say for sure, but I can assume that some of the variation in the difference in quality and potency reports of the purple punch may have to do with the ripeness of the batch. Its so fast and frosty, people can pull it super early and still have bag appeal.

Dep starts to mildew, pull it early it looks good enough! Smoke report.... MIDS~!

Proper batch, finished to perfection. Looks the same, but smokes like a 7 or 8!

Bag appeal, ease of crop, good commercial clone for a less competitive market.

Mr^^

JetLife175

Veteran
picture.php

TheDarkStorm

Infact at one point theyd grown so much of it evrywer an due to it not having the power not much of it could be sold so ended up being renamed as loads of different strains.

asilsweater

Take pp to week 9-10 and ull get an award winning look with way mote potency!! Ask the j boyz about her and theyll tell u they loved her.

Happy Times

I picked some up at Highspot dispensary by LAX in LA last summer. Nice bag appeal as far as frost + color (light and bright green with purple accents), and a tasty sweet fruity smell, smoked nicely. Personally didn’t pack enough of a punch for me, effects felt a bit lightweight for my tastes.

Reading some of the earlier posts it looks like some others have a similar take, I would have thought Larry X GDP would pack more of a stoney effect as I’ve smoked some GDP that put me into instant lethargic mode shortly after waking up one Sunday morning. Guessing this particular PP cut may have been chosen on looks and smell over stoniness

People like saying "its good but lacks the punch". Its usually around 20% thc, so it punches similar to other 20% thc strains, but with even more secondary metabolites. Terps in PP are nice, similar to other hybrids, maybe a bit more linalool and other sweet terps. It tastes and smells good, mostly berry candy. Nice to grow because neighbors won't mind the aroma. It is super frosty, yeah IG bag appeal weed, but those are trichomes. That bag appeal is trichomes and are covering the bud and even leaves. All those trichomes are gonna be filled with goodness. PP has more secondary metabolites than most strains in those trichomes. Does it have the best nose, no, but to say it is just hype is ridiculous. Two great parents in OG and GDP.

PP may have the best nose to some people, but I prefer zkittlez or a gas like Sour D. PP is nice to grow, but seems to attract spider mites. I give it a 9, good to breed with.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PP has all the smell and look but it is very bland in taste and the high is very mild. No mouth coating flavor here like the gdp. When thinking of both parents, gdp and og, both oily sort of resin with long lingering flavor, this expression perplexes me. How did this phenotype show up? Its unusual to say the least and it makes me question its lineage. It smokes way more like an afghan or something hashy tasting. Regardless, i ran her for years because its so reliable, but just gave her up, had to make room for other things!

Happy Times

PP has all the smell and look but it is very bland in taste and the high is very mild. No mouth coating flavor here like the gdp. When thinking of both parents, gdp and og, both oily sort of resin with long lingering flavor, this expression perplexes me. How did this phenotype show up? Its unusual to say the least and it makes me question its lineage. It smokes way more like an afghan or something hashy tasting. Regardless, i ran her for years because its so reliable, but just gave her up, had to make room for other things!

Yeah from the parents I would have expected more potency

Maybe selection leaned more to look, bag appeal and smell

She seems like quite a fast finisher too

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah from the parents I would have expected more potency

She seems like quite a fast finisher too

Just unusual to get such a dusty type of trichome from such oily parents. I dont believe there is any true OG in it. Ive grown countless cuts of OG and they all produce tall lanky plants with oily product. PP certainly has a likeness in the smell dept!

My cut of purple punch given to me by a friend. Pics are of pre harvest at day 56. Grown in living soil. Water only start to finish. Mine smells exactly like purple kool aid drink crystals. Turns creamy almost like a purple creamsicle after curing. Taste carries through pretty good. I find it to be pretty potent and im a pretty heavy smoker.