What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for Sam the Skunkman/Sugar Haze

Chomba64

Veteran
Sam, I have one Sugar Haze I am growing, and I thought this would be more sativa looking. Is this typical or another pheno?

Thanks

Chomba64

Sam the Skunkman,

I just found out that you did not breed this "Sugar Haze" I did not dig deep enough. Sorry for the error. Under a description I found it mentioned Sam and it read like you bred it. I know now you did not. Keep up the good work.

Peace brother

Chomba64

No Sativa in this plant. Very strong hash taste. Not much crystal. Would like to try a sativa dominent pheno..

Attachments

• attachment 3
    attachment 3
    106.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN1923.jpg
    DSCN1923.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

erbium

That is gonna be a bitch to trim!

Looks great but not seeing much Sativa. Super healthy, for sure.

bigherb

Veteran
beautiful plant

id lov to hear a smoke report after the cure this sounds like my type of smoke

she clearly looks indica dom from what parent ??? i cant imagine

i dont think this is SAMS work ,i havnt heard of any release from him using the colombian gold aside from the 2 most famous of alltime

although id lov too hear his thoughts aswell

1luvbigherb

E

elmanito

I've smoked the strain, but didn't grow it.What i smoked with the name Sugar Haze was certainly not an indica dominant one.What i remember it had more a lemony fragrance, very nice.

Sugar Haze - Santa Marta x Original Haze

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Chomba64

Veteran
I've smoked the strain, but didn't grow it.What i smoked with the name Sugar Haze was certainly not an indica dominant one.What i remember it had more a lemony fragrance, very nice.

Sugar Haze - Santa Marta x Original Haze

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

elmanito

I have been talking to the Seedsman to find out what indica was bred into the Sugar Haze. It was bred from one of the breeders that they work with. I was looking for one that is a more sativa
pheno.

Peace

spliffstar

That is strange. I saw Sugar Haze when it first came out, it must have been 2008 or something. There are still seeds left from that stock also reproduced f2 with a sugar haze male. It was 100% Sativa without any signs of indica at all. There was not one pheno were you could see any indica influence, it was really 100% sativa. They were so hard to manage because they just kept on strechting and strechting and stretching. From three females there was one keeper, which wasn't kept Im afraid but definetly had much potential.

yesca604

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Anybody have any pics or opinions on Sugar Haze?

I popped a freebie Sugar Haze a few weeks ago. not much an opinion so far other than it seems to fit the description others have mentioned in this ancient thread...

-sprouted extremely fast, germinated directly in soil
-average/above average growth and vigor
-faint smell, leaves do not look sativa at all
-pic is just prior to 12/12 flip

cheers :dance013:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
It's got some fat leaves for a supposedly pure sativa. Thanks for posting yesca, lets us know how it finishes. I got a 5 pack as freebies not long ago I've been interested in this strain for quite some time.

yesca604

no prob at all.

yeah... the description for sugar haze sounded nice. if it has any of the qualities of the orig haze or san marta it might be worth keeping around

Timb

Not sure what's going on with suger haze I got two monster cropped so say suger haze there growing next to two d p mazers third week of flower now they are taller and are stretching more than the mazers but not a lot of differance with the couler very dark and the leafs are fat and overlapping I was expecting pure sativa with very thin leafs this surely must have indica in it but it says santa Marta cross original haze ie pure sativa some one got something wrong I think

Gert Lush

Veteran
Yes, that's the way I understand it:
SMS Original Haze x Columbian Santa Marta Gold
The "indica" side is supposed to be from the Santa Marta Gold, which most say is "indica-leaning".

Obviously the phenos leaning on the Haze side will be much lankier.
Got a few seeds I am debating whether to pop.

Most reviews say it's a good smoke, though I seem to remember some say it's a bit mongy. Any personal experience / grow stories would be most welcome and appreciated.

pinkus

Veteran
Yes, that's the way I understand it:
SMS Original Haze x Columbian Santa Marta Gold
The "indica" side is supposed to be from the Santa Marta Gold, which most say is "indica-leaning".

Obviously the phenos leaning on the Haze side will be much lankier.
Got a few seeds I am debating whether to pop.

Most reviews say it's a good smoke, though I seem to remember some say it's a bit mongy. Any personal experience / grow stories would be most welcome and appreciated.

My first several grows were Columbian Gold under florescent tubes in the early 80s. (No, they weren't very successful grows). Back then the characteristics of CG were small tight uniform buds in which the "calyxes" were longish, almost leaf like. Incredibly stretchy, with the classic thin leaves, and the leaflets didn't usually exceed 7 per fan (IIRC). No hint of Indica in my recollection.

Gert Lush

Veteran
Interesting, thanks very much pinkus.
I wonder why some claim this indica thing, though.

Perhaps two different types of weed going by the same name?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
My first several grows were Columbian Gold under florescent tubes in the early 80s. (No, they weren't very successful grows). Back then the characteristics of CG were small tight uniform buds in which the "calyxes" were longish, almost leaf like. Incredibly stretchy, with the classic thin leaves, and the leaflets didn't usually exceed 7 per fan (IIRC). No hint of Indica in my recollection.

Bump

four seasons in his thread vintage cannabis photography showed from a 1979 HT article about the history of Colombian marijuana.
The first small scale plantations came in the '20s, later early 70s tons of Mexican seeds were imported and bred with the Colombian indica.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201211-174823~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-174823~2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20201211-180214~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-180214~2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 17

Nexus7

Nice find @ mexcurandero420

Hopefully I'll have some OHz beans soon to go with my 6 Colombian Gold '72 males and one unsexed Golden King (Colombian Gold heirloom) to make my own version of "Sugar Haze".

According to figures from the National Association of Financial Institutions,
ANIF, ‘marijuana represented 7.5% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), 3.2% of its domestic
farm output and 29% of its trade’. Such was the boom in the business that in 1979 Time magazine ran a
cover story entitled ‘The Colombian Connection: How a billion-dollar network smuggles pot and coke into
the U.S.’ Colombia’s predominance as a marijuana supplier began to hit the headlines in media around
the world, provoking a crackdown by the government of Julio César Turbay, which designed policies to
combat drug trafficking and subversion in its Security Statute.

I took this info here:
https://www.tni.org/files/publication-downloads/policybrief_52_eng_web.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/5006330_La_Prehistoria_de_la_marihuana_en_Colombia_consumo_y_cultivos_entre_los_anos_30_y_60

Last edited:

DenverJim

Affectionado Seeds (something like that )

Affectionado Seeds (something like that )

I got emails from them unsolicited.They are in South CO at 8,000 + feet. ONE of Kyle Kushmans relatives runs it. They have there own version of Sugar Haze and Sleeskunk plus many others. i didnt buy any because there landrace there landrace Hindu Kush had 20 some % THC.

Latest posts

Latest posts