What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delta 8 THC different from Delta 9 THC

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

The difference between Delta-8 and Delta-9 is subtle: Both will get you stoned, but the former is about half as potent as the latter. Many people claim that Delta-8 is a smoother, less anxious psychoactive experience than the more familiar Delta-9. It also seems to have additional medicinal effects than regular THC, such as better pain relief, but these claims have yet to be weighed out in clinical trials.

RetroGrow

Veteran
It's really good for arthritis. The oil is really nice. Good legal high all over the country.

LIBERTYNY

I prefer D8 to D9, as I tend to get the anxiety. D8 is also cheap compared to D9 why not give it a shot yourself.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

What's the process to end up with delta 8 instead of 9???

Instead of selective breeding, delta 8 THC flower is made by “aging” regular cannabis flower. This involves harvesting the flower and storing it under conditions that are most conducive to degrading delta 9 THC to delta 8 THC (exposure to UV light and oxygen).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
What's the process to end up with delta 8 instead of 9???

delta 8 THC is a degradation of delta 9 that happens in a chemical process like fractional distillation of delta 9 THC when the heat or ph gets out of control or de-colorants like clay are added.

it started happening alot when distillation became popular and people fucked up the process trying to make "the Clear".

you can also make delta 8 from CBD as a starting product using hemp and chemical reactions, ie isomerization.

then spray that delta 8 on high CBD hemp flowers and wind up with a nasty mess that's sorta legal and kinda gets you high, maybe.:bigeye:

there's so much worthless hemp biomass in the country right now that some people near me let the shit compost in the fields this year, no buyers for last year or this...

some near me planted hemp on the borders of their "legal" crops but grew real weed in the center of the plots, even had it processed into distillate at a "legal hemp" lab.

the delta 8 craze we are seeing now is trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear IMO but CBD ballers gotta ball.

it's important to understand that the tests cops do are going to get a positive THC result from Delta 8 even if it was made from legal hemp, maybe you can refute it in court with accurate testing but it's hardly legal and why would you want to fuck around with it when you can smoke Mac1 or at least real weed???

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I was just curious. There's shops around me selling the delta 8 and they had actual strain names so I was just wondering what makes it different from actual legit kind. And yes I would take the mac1 any day over the brown stuff I've seen being peddled here. Lots of CBD and outdoor right now...

G.O. Joe

Veteran
There's shops around me selling the delta 8 and they had actual strain names

What is the difference? Is this from some well known player, or ? Either it's d8, or it's not. Is it a bunch of stuff including d8, or ? Kush d8 costs 1000x more than ditchweed d8? People are turning perfectly good pot into oil or - not to bring you down with negativity - people are misrepresenting material that doesn't pass? If it's not pure THC - and if they don't claim it is, it's not - the special extras are from chemical degradation of awesome kush buds and not pesticides? Or is my lack of trust misplaced and the chemistry skills and care of these people are as good as their self-promotion? And it's not legal and probably both of these 1-posters are bots.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So the ones near me are advertising as delta 8 but with actual strain names like one was platinum kush, another blueberry ECT. So Idk if they are just selling actual low grade nug as d8 or? I'm not interested in smoking it either way with what's in my stable, I was just curious on the process/ hype of it since I saw some locally.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
The Delta8 vape pens here are also labeled as real strains. Blue dream, gelato, and others. It taste like perfume.

hellfire

Its probably synthetic terps trying to replicate strain terpene profiles and being labeled as those strains. Maybe real canna derived terps in some cases.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Any extract can be isomerized by acids, but the question is why would someone want to do that to that extract, and how did the process affect the rest of the extract. The acid may be a solid or in a solvent. The acid may or may not give high yield and may or may not give side products. And that's with pure THC/CBD. Heating may change d9 to d8 over time, surely in less than a pure way, but heating an extract is not the same thing. You cannot know how it's made when you don't know who is making it from what.

adriyansunpin

all d folic acid does, is gives a stronger aroma. i l’ve smoked side by side w/ no difference. same w/ tomato’s only difference w/ tomato’s is an acidity taste ??

RetroGrow

Veteran
The different "strains" are due to the terpenes, which are added for flavor and effect. Oil said to be 95% THC have 5% terpenes.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
selling it like hotcakes here. legislature probably pulling their hair out between this stuff being available, and Virginia legalizing recreational the other day. did you hear that? it sounded like another brick just fell out of the wall...

Vandenberg

Vandenberg :)

Latest posts

Latest posts