What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Afghanistan still the home of the Legendary Indicas/WLD?

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
:tiphat:
When It can down to smell, power, yield ect. Afghanistan was always the number one.

Is there another country that holds a candle or surpasses Afghan varieties? I'm only talking about Indica/WLD types and not the sativa/NLD hashplants.

weedtoker

Veteran
aaaahhh, the afghan/kush releases from several people are out, you can feel it in the air!:laughing:

Have you grown aff/pak/etc stock lately?

Cheers

G

Grower369

i see there is lots of breeders coming out with afghani crosses.i was lucky enough to
be gifted some seeds from trichome jungle seeds. Cherry(GSC X Chem Pie) x Afghani
& Mandarina x Aghani

G

Grower369

i see there is lots of breeders coming out with afghani crosses.i was lucky enough to
be gifted some seeds from trichome jungle seeds. Cherry(GSC X Chem Pie) x Afghani
& Mandarina x Aghani

Afghani Crosses

Attachments

• Afghani Crosses.jpg
    Afghani Crosses.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 24

St. Phatty

asia-map.gif

There's a lot of 'Stans & neighboring countries to travel through,
collecting indigenous Cannabis, before one can conclude ... anything, other than maybe, "it's all good."

weedtoker

Veteran
Unhybridized heirlooms/landraces, (not even speaking of feral/ semi-feral) are a "carnival ride" for the majority of people's conditions, and skillset, speaking indoor-wise.

Specifically for those kinds of broadleafs I don't see most being comercially viable, without having a specialty market. The looks and smells bar has gone up quite a bit in late few years, uber-leafy hashplants with mild funky or sweet smells that don't pop out'offa'bag, although the effect can be very satisfatory/long lasting even after coming down, are not the prefered norm, over high-thc virulent and fast acting cannabis than can handle machine trimming and rough handling through the chain. Before you may think I'm dissing, for novelty/curiosity, for the ones specifically "in-love" and able to withstand any specific family for a reason, or even maybe wants to find a specific quality/quantitative traits - Go for it! - otherwise, and you can disagree with me no biggie, but most folks will be better with inbred lines, or outcrosses than accessions direct from the places of origin.

Even in the Sacred Seeds, The Seedbank, SSSC times, the broadleafs offered were mostly hybrids/poly-hybrids, of already
worked "hash-plant"/"indica" lines, from what it seems...

With that being said, have fun chasing whatever YOU desire/like, I'll leave a pratical example of what you can find in a couple'a'packs:

picture.php

Greasy P1 Affie (think 2017/2018 stock, grown @ the turn of this year on ferments, transitional)

Cheers :tiphat:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I would say there are probably a good amount of different Broad Leaf Drug Types as well as some Narrow Leaf Drug Types as i have had a pakistani chitral that showed both expressions i believe that what some would call a "kafiristanica?" But if i am correct i believe what INDICA truly implies is plant "native?" to INDIA but im taking a seat to thjs log