What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slab Shine

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Hey, good morning. Can anyone explain why only parts of a slab has a nice shine to it?

I ran a batch a week ago and purged. I have been letting it cure in a glass jar, so I wound up folding up the parchment paper to get in there.

I just opened it last night and noticed that only parts of the oil is nice and shiny, the rest is a lot duller. Any explanations on that? Are parts of the slab just like waxing up or something? Not a big one, only like 12 grams.

Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks everyone.

aod

jswick93

Could be nucleation and/or plant waxes present. Could also be the parchment. Storing in parchment leaves the slab looking more opaque but it will return to looking clear if left unfolded and slightly warmed up. You can warm it at like 80 degrees in your oven or just leave it in a comfortable room to sit. You will probably know if it's nucleation because it will likely continue to get worse if it is and will turn to a sugar or crumble texture. Nucleation can be because of moisture, plant waxes, scraping or whipping and purge process.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Thanks, Jswick. Any suggestions on storage other than parchment?

aod

Latest posts

Latest posts