What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mango Haze Hermies

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Popped 7 MH beans and got 3 girls and 4 boys. The girls have no nanners but one boy was almost 50/50 and the other 3 have sparse girl parts.

Is it possible to get a straight male from this strain?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
It will be almost impossible as far as I've been told... the offspring may probably carry those hermie genes. Had the same problem this year when I tried to make seeds from SE Asian landrace.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
This is a bummer. I wanted to use the MH boys for some crosses. Do I really want to inject he/she genes into the mix?

WelderDan

Veteran
Specific to your he/she question, I had a Butterscotch Hawaiian male with incredible trichome coverage, only he had some lady parts. But he was so robust, and such a prolific pollen donor I saved several small packs of pollen in the freezer and hit several females, including C99 and a G13/HP x BH. I'm running the C99 x BH now with no issues so far (about 3 weeks into flower) and the (G13/HPxBH) x BH in veg.

Time will tell, but I did the same with a he/she LUI X Blue Moonshine to make F2's and had no issues with the F2 or F3's. It (the male) was really frosty as well, and the F2 and F3 was bomb.

Your results may vary of course, but don't discount those boys with lady parts out of hand. For male plants, they were extremely frosty and were worth the risk IMO

I'd say save the pollen like I did, apply it sparingly and test the results

Rumblefish

This is a quote from DJ Short: "A quick word on "backward" hermaphrodites? declared males that eventually sport female flowers? as opposed to the usual female-to-male hermaphrodites. These are semi-rare occurrences, usually sterile but some times viable, that I have found at times to be valuable in their genetic contributions. Some of the most resinous and desirable males I have encountered exhibited this trait. This trait almost seems to guarantee against unwanted hermaphroditism in subsequent generations as it also increases the female to male ratio in its progeny."

WelderDan

Veteran
welderdan, did you smoke the males to test their potency?

Oh yes. They were so resinous I got some dry sift. That's one reason I decided to use them. Taste was OK (it was a male after all), but I was surprised at the potency. That, and I have the DJ Short book the quote regarding inter-sex males referenced above came from.

G

growhigh1233

i have 4 revenged mh males from seeds bought in 2014 (grown out this year)...fully male, no hairs and stable, can be reveged and grown in not allot of grow medium ............. also have 4 females, which are all rather short flowering with thick bud formation and insane resin .. just as shanti says, its a 8 to 11 week strain from my observations, killed another 5 males as they were shortest and quickest .......... only kept the late flowering males ...............i had real bad luck with male to female ratios............. just waiting for 4 females to dry and gunna smoke test harvested day 65

all the phenos have the same haze like glistening silver resin with 1 pheno taller than the rest with less yeild ... its still quick tho maybe give it a week or so longer

no hermies at all .............low vigor tho, noticeably low vigor....

Last edited:
T

Teddybrae

I 've purchased feminised from Mr Nice. Each plant had one or two seeds. These have always popped female.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I 've purchased feminised from Mr Nice. Each plant had one or two seeds. These have always popped female.

G `day TB

Mr Nice only sell regs ...
Some thing has been confused there TB .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

T

Teddybrae

Thanks Cobra! More specifically these were from "CBD Crew" who claim their source was Mr Nice and they have a business relationship with Mr Nice. So who's feminising them? I 'm wondering whom did the CBD Crew really get them from?

G `day TB

Mr Nice only sell regs ...
Some thing has been confused there TB .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Thanks Cobra! More specifically these were from "CBD Crew" who claim their source was Mr Nice and they have a business relationship with Mr Nice. So who's feminising them? I 'm wondering whom did the CBD Crew really get them from?

G `day TB

Any thing CBD crew is a cross .
Take a known strain hit it with the CBD stud and call it CBD Haze / CBD skunk / CBD OG .

Yes they are distibuted by Mr Nice but not the same if it has the CBD tag .

Thanks for sharin

EB .