What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo#3 X Bangi haze

Mountainkush

This is the Congo#3 X Bangi haze from the R&D section on aces site. I was looking for something more Congo dominant and though this one would fit the bill.

Not much to see yet but I’ll try to update soon when I get more time to spend with them. It saves money but I hate growing over night. I don’t get much quality time with them.

picture.php

First day in flower tent
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks MountainKush :) Glad to see you have this new R+D Congolese cross already in flowering, very excited about it!

Glad you enjoyed this one Jayded ;)

Mountainkush

Thanks MountainKush :) Glad to see you have this new R+D Congolese cross already in flowering, very excited about it!

Thanks Dubi, I’m pretty excited about this one too. We can fast forward a couple weeks since I was really late posting these first pics.
We’re at 3 weeks of 11/13 in the tent
This girl went right into flower and looks like it’s going to make some nice colas.
picture.php

Could of been topped more as it didn’t branch at all
picture.php

Jayded

They were uniform in height with some more branchy and a couple more pole type plants MK.Smells were all citric,lime and some spice in all but 1 of the girls who had a sweet lime smell.
Once they were 4/5 weeks in flower they were aesthetically the best looking plants I've grown.

Mountainkush

They were uniform in height with some more branchy and a couple more pole type plants MK.Smells were all citric,lime and some spice in all but 1 of the girls who had a sweet lime smell.
Once they were 4/5 weeks in flower they were aesthetically the best looking plants I've grown.

That sounds awesome, thanks for the info.

Mountainkush

What is the Congo#3?

Isn't this the strain CBG used in the Congo x Chitral hybrid many years ago?

Not 100% sure as it’s been awhile since I looked into it but I do believe it was one of them. I’m sure Dubi can straighten that out for ya

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
First statement is correct, Congo #3 x PCK aka as 'Conchi' was worked by charlie garcia from CBG until F2-F3 generations to later pollinate Bangi Congo from Alex/Mano Negra and to produce very first release of ACE Congo 15 years ago.

Second statement is not correct. Congo #3 is a long flowering pure Congolese that came from another spanish grower, and it's not related with mano negra's congoleses neither with the Canadian roberts creek Congo as far as i know. The Canadian Congolese is a hybrid, that's for sure.

Conchi was congo#3 x chitral they used pollen from this to pollinate banghi pigmy congo to make the congo hybrid.

Congo#3 is aka roberts creek.

B

Benny106

First statement is correct, Congo #3 x PCK aka as 'Conchi' was worked by charlie garcia from CBG until F2-F3 generations to later pollinate Bangi Congo from Alex/Mano Negra and to produce very first release of ACE Congo 15 years ago.

Second statement is not correct. Congo #3 is a long flowering pure Congolese that came from another spanish grower, and it's not related with mano negra's congoleses neither with the Canadian roberts creek Congo as far as i know. The Canadian Congolese is a hybrid, that's for sure.

Thanks for confirming Dubi! I am sorry to have been mistaken but glad to be corrected. Are there pics of the congo#3 cut in veg/flower anywhere please?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent progress MountainKush! ;) Love those long thin African sativa pistils and the way the colas are forming :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Did you like the finished product of this new sativa cross MountainKush ? Not sure if she came to a good end.

Mountainkush

Did you like the finished product of this new sativa cross MountainKush ? Not sure if she came to a good end.

Not the best end but definitely could of been worse.
This one had some issues not related to the other plants in the tent and looking back at my last update I can see that it already started back then. You can see the top of the colas are a lighter lime green with the tips just starting to burn.

Tried a sample last week and it was pretty tasty. I’m getting some spicy, floral citrus note from this one so probably leans more to the Bangi side?

What kinda smell/taste does the Congo#3 mother have?

This was about 9 weeks I think
picture.php

picture.php

About 11 weeks and cut down a couple days later
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mountainkush,

The flowers look great :yes: despite the leaves got a bit burnt.

Your plant has the very thin and long pure African sativa pistils from Congo #3, with more dense floral clusters from Bangi Haze, and hybrid vigor pushing up the yields, much higher than each parental plant.

Congo #3 has a woody, floral, musky terpene profile, slighly citrus, although citrus can also come from Bangi Haze side.

OZZ_

Veteran
MK even despite the burned tips those are some very exotic looking flowers. Agree with Dubi those thin “sharp” looking bud leaves are super sexy. Nice stuff! I’ve got some Congo Fems that I got as a freebie on an order last year. I’ll have to go see what the differences is, those are gorgeous and look like they yield very well :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts