What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze, 6 weeks to go and possible mold!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
So, in the end we harvested just over two weeks ago. Only a small percent of the tirchs had turned to amber but bad weather was moving in that day, so we decieded to crop it. In hindsight, the weather wasn't so bad in the end and since then, it's been absolutley beautiful! Far out! Good thing i left the best part of what i guess to be 2oz (once dried) on the plant; A least i'll get a different smoke.

The weed has been wet trimmed (i intend to sart dry trimming next yr) and after 17days went into jars.

picture.php

A picture of two beautiful ladies, Mrs Monte (doing one of the thing's she's loves most) and a nice big fat bud of Super Malawi Haze. And yes, I Know Mrs Monte has big buds! (calm down chaps, She's, believe it or not, a great grandmother!. She's also my soul mate!... Fuck, i'm a lucky man!).

A little bit of weed hanging uo to dry in the passage way
picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Ya se ven.
Enhorabuena por lo ya cosechado; ya ves que el buen tiempo se ha extendido hasta el fin de Noviembre. A partir de Diciembre se ira haciendo mas frío y húmedo.
Puedes consultar la predicción de tu clima semanal el la web de la Agencia Estatal Meteorológica (AEMet), tecleando el nombre de tu localidad (puedes seleccionar el idioma inglés, también):

https://www.aemet.es/es/portada

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Ya se ven.
Enhorabuena por lo ya cosechado; ya ves que el buen tiempo se ha extendido hasta el fin de Noviembre. A partir de Diciembre se ira haciendo mas frío y húmedo.
Puedes consultar la predicción de tu clima semanal el la web de la Agencia Estatal Meteorológica (AEMet), tecleando el nombre de tu localidad (puedes seleccionar el idioma inglés, también):

https://www.aemet.es/es/portada

Que gracias hombre, Tenemos 3 cordilleras que nos rodean y el clima es muy imprevisible.
saludos

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
If you can, careful wet trim is best..once volumes turn up, you can only wet trim so much as it comes down...Nice harvest!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
If you can, careful wet trim is best..once volumes turn up, you can only wet trim so much as it comes down...Nice harvest!
Hi MaryJ,
For over tweenty years i did indoor and we would always wet trim, Mrs Monte, young Master Monte, A trusted grow buddy and myself. Friday evening to sunday afternoon to do 50oz (when eventually dried).

These days i dont grow so much and have been reading that a lot of people prefer to dry trim, saying that it improves the cure and also slows down the dryig rate (an avantage if harvesting early otober here as its still hot ad dry).

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
These days lots of plebs involved LOL..I use simple headtorch, or my staff does, I hate trimming, last few years haven't done too much..dry trim some stuff and look at how the trichomes fly off like a snowstorm, and thats with being careful. Wet trim is boss for quality, scissors always wet with glass of water next to you so glands do not stick to blade and a surgeons eye.. But you can only wet trim so much..

These days you can watch videos of plebs running their bud through bucking machines and then mauling them in trimming machines, and then in the same shot explaining how they wet trim for quality and keep only the top 10% of flower for trimming, rest getting shredded for oil..yaaaaa. and then explaining how they "cure" for 7 days package and send out..apparently we dont dry anymore, just cure LOL..not that I cure for years, I dry and then tub and package and it cured in transit to the happy willing and waiting smokers LOL..running low EC balanced food, decent flush and no one cares if its cured or not once dry as it is dank, smokes smooth and tastes amazing...some keep a bud for a few weeks and they get a treat LOL..but yeah lots of newcomers to the growing who think they know it all..but not enough time looking and seeing and taking note and keeping logs.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
These days lots of plebs involved LOL..I use simple headtorch, or my staff does, I hate trimming, last few years haven't done too much..dry trim some stuff and look at how the trichomes fly off like a snowstorm, and thats with being careful. Wet trim is boss for quality, scissors always wet with glass of water next to you so glands do not stick to blade and a surgeons eye.. But you can only wet trim so much..

These days you can watch videos of plebs running their bud through bucking machines and then mauling them in trimming machines, and then in the same shot explaining how they wet trim for quality and keep only the top 10% of flower for trimming, rest getting shredded for oil..yaaaaa. and then explaining how they "cure" for 7 days package and send out..apparently we dont dry anymore, just cure LOL..not that I cure for years, I dry and then tub and package and it cured in transit to the happy willing and waiting smokers LOL..running low EC balanced food, decent flush and no one cares if its cured or not once dry as it is dank, smokes smooth and tastes amazing...some keep a bud for a few weeks and they get a treat LOL..but yeah lots of newcomers to the growing who think they know it all..but not enough time looking and seeing and taking note and keeping logs.

Fully understand what your saying now. I also hate trimming having done it many many times and fully agree with "watching the trichs fly off! My staff was the wife, son and best mate. Lol.

Thanks for bringing me back to my sense's; I should know better at my age than to listen to iternet bollocks.

Latest posts

Latest posts