What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Impressed with Mills

G13Fan

Old head told me " I have tried many methods and nutrients , Mills turns out the best bud". I listen to old guys and it paid big time. Grew out a bunch of skunks from several hype breeders this year . Outdoors with Dragonfly Earth Meds and Indoors with Mills. The bud quality was incredible with the mills on the flavor and smells and only so so for flavor/smells on the outdoors bud. Potency was similar.
I wonder what compares to Mills or bests it ?

medicalmj

Veteran
I’v been using the complete for over a year it and like the results. I buy the supplements in 5L size 160-190 each. So my Highest cost/gallon in mid bloom is still under 50 cents/gallon including the vitalize, which I buy in the liter fir 200. Not bad and real simple. In mid Michigan mid sized to commercial growers eat this up.

BillFarthing

Veteran
You know Mills tagline, right?

You've got more money to buy fertilizer than to pay your bills.

It's just salt and water. Seriously.

G13Fan

50 bucks for the 2 starter bottles is not expensive. Esp the quality I have witnessed from it. I don't mind paying for the flavor it gives the bud .

mikeross

So my Highest cost/gallon in mid bloom is still under 50 cents/gallon.

Wow that sounds very expensive to me... sure that figure is correct? I guess if you were running a few lights than it would be fun to experiment with different bottled lines/products.

I'm probably around 5-7 cents per gallon...

Jack's 5-12-16
Calcium nitrate
mono-potassium phosphate
once a week root drench with OG Biowar nute & foliar
once a week foliar spray with OG Biowar nute/foliar/fulvic/silica

The root drench and foliar spray are also my IPM preventative too.

Absolem

I spend .80 cents on fertilizer for a 60 gallon drum I use as a res. I have three 60 gallon tanks.

Couldn't imagine paying $90.00 bucks a week in feed cost at .50 cents a gallon.

That would be over 5k a year for me. I pay about $150.00 a year in feed costs.

Absolem

Wow that sounds very expensive to me... sure that figure is correct? I guess if you were running a few lights than it would be fun to experiment with different bottled lines/products.

Jack's 5-12-16
Calcium nitrate
mono-potassium phosphate

Solid feed regime. Nice work.

mikeross

Solid feed regime. Nice work.

Yup its a proven schedule.

The irony is its yours lol. 3g jacks, 2.5g calnit veg through flower with .5g MKP mid stretch. This is what Eric is running in his 60k DE journal and I know you were the one who schooled him on nutrient profiles. He's running the above mix with beanies and killing it.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

mikeross

This guy is running Mills lineup... real entertaining grow journal too. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=343017

picture.php

Absolem

Hey Mike.

Saw in Eric's thread you had mentioned Megacrop going two part. Just curious when they did that? Never been a fan of Megacrop. IMO the one part is a bit dirty by everything they try and jam into it. Thanks for the props.

Happy Growing.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Megacrop moved to a 2-part because you have to make compromises with the secondaries to make it a 1-part.

Megacrop 1-part is garbage for hydro because they use a cheap Chinese humic acid that falls out of solution. It still works ok for soil.

Absolem

Megacrop moved to a 2-part because you have to make compromises with the secondaries to make it a 1-part.

Megacrop 1-part is garbage for hydro because they use a cheap Chinese humic acid that falls out of solution. It still works ok for soil.

Thanks Bill,

When did they move too the two part?

medicalmj

Veteran

Jack's 5-12-16
Calcium nitrate
mono-potassium phosphate

Yeah small room, 4K, so no biggie.

So a buddy is looking into TPS One. 55 gal drum drop shipped fir $1600. At 15 mil/gal peak usage that’s 11 cents / gallon. While it’s a one and done pretty much everyone uses their Terp booster Signal at 1/2 strength whisk only adds 1-2 cents per gallon. TPS One includes a host of beneficial microbes and humic acids plus more.

Has anyone looked into this? I guess a few of the Mid to large scale growers (50k watts and up) around here are using it. I’d assume the larger grows buying totes are closer to that 7 cent range.

GreenBizzle

I used TPS One in coco for two rounds with great results. My plants looked great beginning to end... (Just a small grow till I move into a new space) Then I ordered a gallon of TPS One and when i added into my rez the ph dropped to 3.7-4.1...which I dont remember happening the first two bottles I bought! Continued to use after adjusting PH (mostly with pro-tekt) and I ran into problems during veg...plants looked horrible.

I contacted them to see if I had a bad batch...And they said that its typical for the ph to drop like that....(i am suspect) and they wound up sending be their mag foliar supplement... Canopy Boost.

Plants eventually bounced back by first week in flower, but and I tried again with new room and the same thing happened to my veg plants! Obviously I stopped using that gallon. Any one else have similar experience...?

Had some great results with Mills in the past, but really want to use KISS method. Jacks or MEgacrop

BillFarthing

Veteran
Were you using RO water with TPSOne? Try using it with tap water. The calcium and magnesium carbonate will buffer when nutes overshoot pH like that.

dramamine

Yea, and it was pretty lame how they denied or ignored that issue for years and now finally make a two-part formula to fix it.

BillFarthing

Veteran
TPSOne is ok as a 1-part, but it's ungodly expensive.

I've got a 1-part recipe that isn't hygroscopic and the NO3- to NH4+ is 10:1 to lock in the PH. If there is ever a problem with low S, fulvic acid or an epsom salt foliar will fix it right up.

4-3-6 Hydro 1-part nutrient

GUY-FAWKES

as they say round these parts , mills pays the bills lol.. i do rate it but prefer ionic soil bloom for my base feed

BillFarthing

Veteran
as they say round these parts , mills pays the bills lol.. i do rate it but prefer ionic soil bloom for my base feed

You pay Mills' marketing bills to come up with silly slogans.

Here's a replacement for Ionic base feed @ $0.06/gallon:

Calcium Nitrate Ca(NO3)2.4H2O 221.309
Magnesium Nitrate Mg(NO3)2.6H2O 209.039
Potassium Sulfate K2SO4 138.744
Ammonium Monobasic Phosphate (NH4)H2PO4 72.693
Chelated Micros Micros 10.16
Iron EDDHA FeEDDHA 5.812

:pet the cat: