What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Led in the moment ? Fluence ? Lumatek .....?

Klompen

Where did you locate that info? I tried but none list what kind they are.. Maybe small leds like that don't matter. They def use top bin 301b in all there best boards.

I believe it remains a bit of a debate, but its either Lumiled Luxeon chips or 5050 chips from Luminus. The 5050 Luminus chips are not as efficient as the Luxeon chips. It really seems that the only non-Samsung 5050 diodes on the market that match the specs of that board are the Lumiled diodes. It seems unlikely they are using Chinese diodes of some off-brand type, and if they were using Samsung 5050s, why wouldn't they mention they are Samsung diodes like they do on all their quantum boards? I suspect the Luxeon chips had a better PAR efficacy rating, but in terms of lumens they are very similar to the Samsung LH502c.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Tested or manufacturers claim?

I ask because ChilLed website says the x-6 light output is 2.81-3.13 umol.

Gavita claims 2.7 with the 1700e pro.

It seems manufacturers claims are exaggerated.

FWIW the ChilLed is made in USA.

I like the sound of that.

No I have not looked into it. Fluence is owned by OSRAM SYLVANIA.

Their foot print in the industry was one of the deciding factors for me.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Check out our FC series, which is made by samsung and osram chip. :tongue:

Buyer beware, Mars Hydo does not honor their warranty. When mine failed in less than 8 months I was just out of my hard earned money. Lesson learned- you get what you pay for and cheap isn’t always better in the long run.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
we use samsung new LM301H chips and Osram ;)

pm me for more details

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buyer beware, Mars Hydo does not honor their warranty. When mine failed in less than 8 months I was just out of my hard earned money. Lesson learned- you get what you pay for and cheap isn’t always better in the long run.

Sorry to hear,that really sucks ass

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hmm that's not nice, but since I've seen you copy and paste this post in at least two threads,whenever someone talks about MH. Are you trying to help fellow growers by warning them or do you have a benefit from it or are you doing it for someone else? Sorry please don't take my open questions the wrong way.

Not the right place here maybe but I'd like to hear both sides out.
CC

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Hmm that's not nice, but since I've seen you copy and paste this post in at least two threads,whenever someone talks about MH. Are you trying to help fellow growers by warning them or do you have a benefit from it or are you doing it for someone else? Sorry please don't take my open questions the wrong way.

Not the right place here maybe but I'd like to hear both sides out.
CC
Hi Chevy,

I do this to give others a heads up about my experience and to keep them from going thru the same thing.

Since they are a paid sponsor here I do not do this in their own forum but when I see Joy posting unsolicited sales in other forums than the Mars Hydro Forum, I warn others.

Nothing in it for me, I do not shill and certainly do not take sponsorships....I buy all my own equipment.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Chevy,

I do this to give others a heads up about my experience and to keep them from going thru the same thing.

Since they are a paid sponsor here I do not do this in their own forum but when I see Joy posting unsolicited sales in other forums than the Mars Hydro Forum, I warn others.

Nothing in it for me, I do not shill and certainly do not take sponsorships....I buy all my own equipment.

And I suspect many growers who are making the jump from Hps to LED as I have started,appreciate ic members feedback with retailers.No different than buying strains from a breeder and giving feedback,positive or negative.

Maybe if a retailer sees the feedback,and realizes they may be at fault,they will step up and do the right thing.

Of course sometimes there's 3 sides to a story,I'm just saying in general,feedback of customers experience is a good thing,and help a retailer as well.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And I suspect many growers who are making the jump from Hps to LED as I have started,appreciate ic members feedback with retailers.No different than buying strains from a breeder and giving feedback,positive or negative.

Maybe if a retailer sees the feedback,and realizes they may be at fault,they will step up and do the right thing.

Of course sometimes there's 3 sides to a story,I'm just saying in general,feedback of customers experience is a good thing,and help a retailer as well.

That's what I was thinking, and all ok with doing so, but would be good to hear all sides of the story. Or not if they don't care...

Cheers
CC

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hi Chevy,

If you have any warranty request, pls send message to solutions@mars-hydro.com. Our service team will help you to find the solution. But all solutions will be based on the warranty policy on our website.