What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RARE DANKNESS PERFECTA NUTRIENTS-ANYONE TRY IT YET??

organixx325

Hey guys. I've been creeping on ICmag for a while now, I don't really post too much. I'm switching my 9k DE HPS room over to coco from organic soil. I've got some seeds on the way to find some new genetics(blue dream x20, fire OGx10, OG kushx10, skywalker OGx10) Now I'm trying to decide what nutrient line I'm going to run. Originally I was going to go with Canna but that is on the higher end of the cost spectrum. While looking around I found a new powder form nutrient line from Rare Dankness that seems to just have been release earlier this year.

Rare Dankness Perfecta:
https://www.raredanknessnutrients.com/products/

It has 5 parts to it. 1 of them being for clones that I wouldnt use and the feeding schedule looks super simple and honestly Im kind of leaning towards trying it out, just want to see if anyone else is using it and has some feedback.

The plan is to run DTW in 3 gal bags with feedings 4-6 times day.

eyesdownchronic

If youre wanting to run with nutrient salts I would recommend Jacks 3-2-1 Its just a 3 part. Tursted easy and consistent. Plus cheap.

username474

It might be worth a try but, it's most likely just re-branding/bs. Frontrow-ag, hydroponic research, jack's and athena are all proven winners in salt form.

organixx325

If youre wanting to run with nutrient salts I would recommend Jacks 3-2-1 Its just a 3 part. Tursted easy and consistent. Plus cheap.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm looking into the Jacks 321 program right now.
my understanding in the first 5 min of looking it up:
3.6g of part A
2.4g of part B
1.1g of Epsom Salts

assuming using the Jacks 321 feeding schedule?

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Thanks for the help guys. I'm looking into the Jacks 321 program right now.
my understanding in the first 5 min of looking it up:
3.6g of part A
2.4g of part B
1.1g of Epsom Salts

assuming using the Jacks 321 feeding schedule?

I just started using jacks but the 3.6/2.4/1.1 was giving me a bit higher ec (~1.8) than Im used to so I backed off to just 3/2/1 and it seems to be working just fine.

I was using veg+bloom previously and that was a little simpler to mix up, just calmag+base, and gave nice results but it costs a little more than jacks.

Absolem

I posted this a while back.

"I'm not a big fan of the 3-2-1 for coco growing because of the high Mg levels.

First number is the grams for Jacks. Second number is Calnit and the third number is Epsom. The numbers are the actual elemental ppm's of each nutrient being fed to the plant.

....3-2-1................3.6-2.4-1..................3-2.5
N...122.....................14 6........................142
P.....41.....................5 0...........................41
K...171....................205 .........................171
Ca..95.....................114 .........................119
Mg..76.....................94. ..........................50
S....99....................112 ...........................65

I like the 3 grams of Jacks to 2.5 grams of Calnit and no Epsom. It brings up the Ca levels closer to K and keeps the Mg in check. 1 gram of Epsom add 26 ppms of Mg and 34 ppms of sulfur. Canna runs a strict 3-1 ratio of Ca to Mg.
Ca and Mg are antagonists. They work against each other. Too much of one and it messes with the uptake of the other. I like to keep my Ca to Mg ratio between 4-1 or 3-1. Coco binds with K, Ca, and Mg so keeping these ratios in check is important.

I like to add some MKP with Jacks starting the second week of flower until the 5-6 week. I think the P levels are a bit low for flowering and this adds some P and K."

eyesdownchronic

Ca and Mg are antagonists. They work against each other. Too much of one and it messes with the uptake of the other. I like to keep my Ca to Mg ratio between 4-1 or 3-1. Coco binds with K, Ca, and Mg so keeping these ratios in check is important.

This theory has been debunked for quite some time. You are right that Ca and Mg are both cations and compete for uptake, but as long as adequate levels of both are present, you wont have any problems.

However I also think that the 3-2-1 alone is low in Ca. 95 ppm isnt near enough for healthy growth. If anything I would just bump the CaNO3 up.

X

xavier7995

I have been running it at 3.4 grams of part A with 2.2 to 2.4 grams part B, no mag, with pretty good results this year. My water is really hard so I don't see a need for the epsom.

I swing that part B amount around a little bit and go lower as flower progresses to try and keep N levels down.