What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Barn Buildout

Fixer

I’ve got the room running hotter now with the LEDs about 80 degrees , (Been reading room Should be kept warmer with LEDS) and humidity set at 50% now .

What you guys think of 80 degrees and 50% humidity?

I've had perpetual foxtailing issues so I've reduced the temp from 80F to 74F and been keeping the RH at 60% You have low RH issues don't you?

gsxr97

Veteran
I was having high humidity issues in this new room . With lights on it Was sitting at close to 80%. Got duehumifer hooked up and now it’s at 45-55% at the moment .

gsxr97

Veteran
1/4 open lines , all the same length tubing.

Took clones tonight and got a 4x8 tent going for vegging

Attachments

• 65C28F66-2EB3-465D-8B3A-2577E39E7F76.jpg
    65C28F66-2EB3-465D-8B3A-2577E39E7F76.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 37
  • A7CD4AB0-D74D-4F68-AAC0-A2AED118113A.jpg
    A7CD4AB0-D74D-4F68-AAC0-A2AED118113A.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 4EAB3380-C8DC-4906-AF5B-6F0E9ECE25CB.jpg
    4EAB3380-C8DC-4906-AF5B-6F0E9ECE25CB.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 39

DunHav`nFun

Wanted to stop in and give credit where it`s due .....Lotta work in a buildout huh bro ?......looks like the worst is behind you , so moving forward toward dialage is always a good thingy......now.....lil advice from an old head retired from croppin hard well over 20 yrs in the Hell of the Dirty South where RH stays in the 80-90 percentile 24/7/365.....so......

I learned from a Krazy ass Kanadian Klown from the greenhouse industry up there that 70% RH throughout the complete life of the grow created optimum conditions for outrageous growth and swellage , but most of the growers except me were experiencing PM and even Botyritis/Budrot in late flower , so the norm became 70% RH till end of stretch in flower and then as close to 50% and below till end of cycle fixed all the problems as long as there was adequate airflow and or room air exchange if possible .......that said.....

Once I saw how healthy his plants were with colas the size of 3 liter coke bottles , I immediately took heed and jumped on board from the beginning.....There`s a sticky thread in Coco by Don Juan Matuus/DJM about growin big plants , and the usage of increased relative humidity was proven in his setup due to being in Colorado in arrid mountainous LOW RH conditions yr round , but the facts hold true wherever you are ......

There`s also a VPD/vapor pressure deficit chart around here somewhere that dictates elevated RH levels with elevated temps increases plant metabolism and they can explode if given the opportunity to do so in a perfect environment with proper watts per sq ft....... my only X factor these days is the comparison from 50 watts per sq ft being optimum with HID lighting , compared to the new LED`s that function more off those ppfd`s , umol`s and Daily Light Integrals , so time will tell what growers end up stating for actual optimum wattage from the new units with the far red chips they`ve added......anyways....

Hope you get settled in and start pumpin out the dank with no hiccups , just remember you can`t get enough airflow with your plants , just not directly blowing on em.....Makes em transpire too much and increases nutrient uptake that`ll cause lockouts and imbalances down the road guaranteed.....Underneath , around , and above will be the perfect equation for air movement in your room to prevent airborn nasties from proliferating in bigger areas.....and lastly.....

80 degrees and 80% RH will root your cuts faster and stronger with higher degrees of success in the future , and use low light like 40 watt shoplites in the 5-6500 K range , and the low light will let the cuts make roots instead of spittin foliage , and that`s why older growers always snipped fan leaves in 1/2 to impede leaf growth while roots pop out beneath.....aight.....nuff outta my old ass this day.....just wanted to show respect for the hard work I know so well it takes to put shit together and make it work.....

Holler if I can ever help......Don`t post like I used to , but I`m around so.....Take care and ......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: ......

gsxr97

Veteran
I’ll get the humidity raised up dhf, thanks !

I actually never built out the barn .... life got in the way .

Instead I’m buying a 40ft High cube . Going to use it now for outdoor harvest . I need space desperately to hang and process .
Good problem to have .

Once this years outdoor is handled the 40ft will become my grow rooms . Still have my new 18k mini split. Plan to insulate well . And have a flower area , veg area , and harvest/drying area .

Thanks for all the tips , keep them coming I can use all the help I can get . :bow:

Wanted to stop in and give credit where it`s due .....Lotta work in a buildout huh bro ?......looks like the worst is behind you , so moving forward toward dialage is always a good thingy......now.....lil advice from an old head retired from croppin hard well over 20 yrs in the Hell of the Dirty South where RH stays in the 80-90 percentile 24/7/365.....so......

I learned from a Krazy ass Kanadian Klown from the greenhouse industry up there that 70% RH throughout the complete life of the grow created optimum conditions for outrageous growth and swellage , but most of the growers except me were experiencing PM and even Botyritis/Budrot in late flower , so the norm became 70% RH till end of stretch in flower and then as close to 50% and below till end of cycle fixed all the problems as long as there was adequate airflow and or room air exchange if possible .......that said.....

Once I saw how healthy his plants were with colas the size of 3 liter coke bottles , I immediately took heed and jumped on board from the beginning.....There`s a sticky thread in Coco by Don Juan Matuus/DJM about growin big plants , and the usage of increased relative humidity was proven in his setup due to being in Colorado in arrid mountainous LOW RH conditions yr round , but the facts hold true wherever you are ......

There`s also a VPD/vapor pressure deficit chart around here somewhere that dictates elevated RH levels with elevated temps increases plant metabolism and they can explode if given the opportunity to do so in a perfect environment with proper watts per sq ft....... my only X factor these days is the comparison from 50 watts per sq ft being optimum with HID lighting , compared to the new LED`s that function more off those ppfd`s , umol`s and Daily Light Integrals , so time will tell what growers end up stating for actual optimum wattage from the new units with the far red chips they`ve added......anyways....

Hope you get settled in and start pumpin out the dank with no hiccups , just remember you can`t get enough airflow with your plants , just not directly blowing on em.....Makes em transpire too much and increases nutrient uptake that`ll cause lockouts and imbalances down the road guaranteed.....Underneath , around , and above will be the perfect equation for air movement in your room to prevent airborn nasties from proliferating in bigger areas.....and lastly.....

80 degrees and 80% RH will root your cuts faster and stronger with higher degrees of success in the future , and use low light like 40 watt shoplites in the 5-6500 K range , and the low light will let the cuts make roots instead of spittin foliage , and that`s why older growers always snipped fan leaves in 1/2 to impede leaf growth while roots pop out beneath.....aight.....nuff outta my old ass this day.....just wanted to show respect for the hard work I know so well it takes to put shit together and make it work.....

Holler if I can ever help......Don`t post like I used to , but I`m around so.....Take care and ......

Fixer

That;s why I come here. Awesome people willing to help! :bow: