What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lecithin

Danimal Cracker

I was hoping someone could pass on some advice.
I'm really trying to improve my weed cookies. Lecithin is an emulsifier, so does this help prevent the cookies from crumbling and breaking up?
And could i just use a recipe with cornstarch?
Trying to prevent the crumbliness. Nobody wants to buy one cookie broken into 4 parts.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Lucky you living in Coats Rica.

The soy lechithin I use (because I couldn't find sunflower based) makes my cookies more crumbly. It is humid here, and the humidity help moisturize them if I keep a couple in the truck. I tried adding more butter, but that just makes them oily. It doesn't take much lechithin, maybe a small teaspoon in a 1/2 cup of butter. Maybe something like cream would help, as that gets gone when making the butter. Too much butter, too big a cookie, are recipes for making crumbs.

How much are you getting for a cookie made from a dough ball just under an inch, 2 3/4" dia cookie, which is what I try to make? I have seen snickerdoodles for $15 in FL on the web. Sheeze.

75gr ABV, maybe 10% (guess). Over 100 cookies (2 batches). At $10 each, they would be moneymakers. At $5, they are still profitable as long as packaging and transportation costs are ignored. Easier to give them away, and watch how stoned people get 45 mins later, even after I warn newbies to only eat half of one, an hour before bedtime... gulp! Tried to tell ya... lessons on tolerance are learned the hard way. Tasty little treats of blottohood. Cinnamon coated destroyers. Delightful developers of deep sleep.

here are some tips I have found as I make my snickerdoodles from BC bag mix...

I add a little extra baking soda and some baking powder, maybe a spoonfull total between them. This helps make them rise, especially if I try to put in too much butter, which is where the power is. I add a tad more water also for the same reason. I like to use extra large egg, as that seems to be the glue. Cookie pan in the middle of the oven. Cook until a tad brown on the bottom, and leave on the pan when removed from oven so they brown up just right. The post treatment with moisture seems to really make the texture better, nice and chewy. I add the cinnamon sugar after they come out of the oven and have been put on the paper towels to cool.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yes, in some recipes it can minimize crumbling. However, slightly more important is the fact that it helps blend. That can make for more consistent dosing. And, most importantly, it aids in bioavailability. Meaning, your body will absorb more of the cannabis and make for a 'stronger' edible. (Not really 'stronger' but your body will use more so it's essentially the same thing).

My avatar says it all for me, when it comes to cooking with lecithin. Also, I use sunflower liquid lecithin rather than soy or powder. Just my preference.

Danimal Cracker

The soy lechithin I use (because I couldn't find sunflower based) makes my cookies more crumbly. It is humid here, and the humidity help moisturize them if I keep a couple in the truck. I tried adding more butter, but that just makes them oily. It doesn't take much lechithin, maybe a small teaspoon in a 1/2 cup of butter. Maybe something like cream would help, as that gets gone when making the butter.

How much are you getting for a cookie made from a dough ball just under an inch, 2" dia cookie? I have seen snickerdoodles for $15 in FL on the web. Sheeze.

75gr ABV, maybe 10% (guess). Over 100 cookies (2 batches). At $10 each, they would be moneymakers. At $5, they are still profitable as long as packaging and transportation costs are ignored. Easier to give them away, and watch how stoned people get 45 mins later, even after I warn newbies to eat half or one, an hour before bedtime... gulp! Tried to tell ya... lessons on tolerance are learned the hard way. Tasty little treats of blottohood. Cinnamon coated destroyers. Delightful developers of deep sleep.

here are some tips I have found as I make my snickerdoodles from BC bag mix...

I add a little baking soda and some baking powder, maybe a spoonfull total between them. This helps make them rise, especially if I try to put in too much butter, which is where the power is. I add a tad more water also for the same reason. I like to use extra large egg, as that seems to be the glue. Cookie pan in the middle of the oven. Cook until a tad brown. The post treatment with moisture seems to really make the texture right. I add the cinnamon sugar after they come out of the oven and have been put on the paper towels to cool.
I'm down here in costa rica, so conditions and prices are different. But what had happened was... I had to harvest 2 plants early. They are dried, and have been curing in jars for almost a week now. The bud is a little early, but plenty more potent than trim. I was planning on making a batch of cookie bars. They set firmly and aren't as big a mess. You can make small and largs ones as well. I make from scratch, so I use the baking soda and powder. I can sell a cookie or brownie for between $8 and $10 all day because I make them extra strong.
Normally I don't use two whole plants worth of bud for butter, but it is what it is...
And I like to use EXTRA butter as well... so hopefully things work out. Never made medicated cookie bars. Only single cookies.
Maybe since they are like a blonde brownie I could use an extra egg yolk. Idk.

Btw, I make the snickerdoodle for myself. Favorite cookie, and only the inner circle gets the medicated snickerdoodles ??

Ringodoggie

Premium user
For singles, it's hard to beat a "Cannabis Firecracker". Quick, easy, and it's a single serving with adjustable dosage.

Latest posts

Latest posts