What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sprouting Ace Seeds in My Garden

asdfasf

Looking great bro :smokeit:
Thanks Boogieman.

cPLElhE.png

It was supposed to be ripe last week but I keep it growing. There's some amber in it, mostly cloudy. It's pushing new pistils though so I guess keeps reflowering. Will keep it until all of them turn orange.
jZquCHx.png

I cut the super malawi haze plant early. It looked like there was mold on it I guess. I don't know maybe I was wrong about it. Just set up a tent upstairs to keep to humidity lower and will run that scrog I've been telling everyone about. Panama x Malawi would be nice in it but Super Malawi Haze is out of this world and I want more of it.
I also resumed the GA3 experiment and I'm trying to reverse all of my genetics to make feminized seeds. So far the sprayed plants look nice and green. You can see them in the back of the first picture. Wish me luck.

asdfasf

kMLxyi9.png

I just sprouted one seed of this accidental hermie amnesia haze x panamalawi cross. Let's test it out. I got rid of all of my amnesia haze clones because I could not get it to not hermie on me.
rOXev9u.png

Dried bud macro shot of panama x malawi. It's another plant I had in a small one gallon garbage bin container. It's curing.
yTrGNtJ.png

Super malawi haze bud macro shot. It's pretty much cured.

asdfasf

1bs78Bb.png

Needed space, light, and dirt for other plants so I decided to cut it down. I didn't pay attention the last time I took this picture but this looks like mostly amber to me. I think it was time anyway. The tip of the plant maybe wasn't ready but most of it was.
k5EtoqA.png

I was curious how much I pull from a cup of each of these. Did it as a sort of an experiment. Had 2 panama x malawi plants in cups and like 4 super malawi hazes.

8FGfbfD.png

Will update on dry yields and which one won.

FHazSGB.png

Check this shit! This marks the beginning of my super malawi haze scrog. Got 6 clones. Two clones in each 35 gallon plastic tub with holes drilled through the bottom. Mixing so much soil was a bitch I hope it's gonna work at all. Put a lot of peat moss in there, recycled some old soil, added some new and mixed in typical amendments - blood meal, bone meal, earth worm castings, epsom salts, beneficial nematodes for fungus gnats, kelp meal, and garden lime. When I get my shit together I wanna automate watering. You'll see how it goes.

asdfasf

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I topped the plants multiple times to get them to spread out more. Then dropped chicken wire over them and just trying to make them grow horizontally until I fill up the screen 50%
TnpPDkc.png

asdfasf

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I topped the plants multiple times to get them to spread out more. Then dropped chicken wire over them and just trying to make them grow horizontally until I fill up the screen 50%
View Image
Oh yeah it's slowly filling in. I kind of want to increase the power on the light and see what happens but I'm worried I'm gonna overdo it. Will post pictures next week to make for a greater surprise.

asdfasf

2bfYTLX.png

The seeds on these two bangi haze plants are gonna be ready soon. I gave up on that GA3 experiment again. I will try to find silver instead. I got 3 more plants that I put into flower and should have every possible combination of that single female plant pollinated with every male plant that I got from the pack. Will grow out these f2's outdoors someday and see what I get.

asdfasf

I watered my plants with like 6 gallons of water. Put in some liquid kelp meal in the water. It's starting to be a lot of work to keep pruning and toping these plants. They are filling up the screen real quick now. Starting to look pretty good. All this water should help them grow quicker. It was the second time I watered them from the beginning and this time I watered them thoroughly. They looked a little dried up so let's see how it goes.

My scissors are covered with resin. The leaves are glistening under light. It's crazy. I haven't even put the plants in 13/11 photo period yet. My fingers are sticky just from taking care of them

Legalcdn

Is the scrog net holes big enough? I uee use 2.5 inch holes (6cm)..

looking good.. i have a bangi haze and malawi under scrog.. have you thought about SIPs for watering? Alaska grow buckets..DIY..

asdfasf

Is the scrog net holes big enough? I uee use 2.5 inch holes (6cm)..

looking good.. i have a bangi haze and malawi under scrog.. have you thought about SIPs for watering? Alaska grow buckets..DIY..

Can scrog holes be too small? I mean the stems fit through it should be fine. They are 1 inch I think and yeah it makes it harder to maneuver but seems to be working.

I was thinking of something simple like a pump with a bunch of tubing. I briefly looked at SIPs and it would be a solid way to make it work for the next run. Can you link some more information on that?

ITBBHvH.png

Super Malawi Hazes started growing faster after watering. Will see how long it will take until they start to wilt again. I will figure out a better watering schedule from then on. I just keep topping them over and over at every end. It's become a lot of work. Spending like an hour at a time topping everything and pruning leaves everywhere. I might just give up on topping at some point and keep just bending them under the screen and pruning fan leaves at node sites.

Legalcdn

1 inch square are too small. Chicken wire will cut and damage stems. If you are going use chick wire.. cut with wire cutter to make bigger squares.

String is better, easier to cut afterwards.

asdfasf

1 inch square are too small. Chicken wire will cut and damage stems. If you are going use chick wire.. cut with wire cutter to make bigger squares.

String is better, easier to cut afterwards.
Yeah I think you got a good point. Will see how it goes this time and try some bigger holes next time around I guess.
zmjxwSp.png

I post my pics after I prune them back. When I opened the tent today I saw a real nice coverage. I snapped a stem in half bending it down. I hope it heals and keeps growing strong.

Legalcdn

When you go ti bend them and there is a chance breaking..use pliers to squeeze where you want the bend..like a supercrop..then tie to wire..