What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kerala Chellakutti

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Hi chilliwilli :)

Nice to see you are already starting your Kerala Chellakutti.
I had the chance to smoke some Chellakutti flowers from Khalifa and the smoke was fantastic, a really powerful, complex and long lasting rich flavored tropical sativa.

Hi dubi did you had the chance to sample the kullu too?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi chilliwilli,

Haven't had the pleasure to try his Kullu yet, i tried the Kerala Chellakutti and his Moroccan Beldia and both were excellent :)
Khalifa is doing a great job refining the landraces he is working with, and i'm very happy to help him with the distribution of their seeds through our website.

Their new northern Laotian release is also very interesting, i hope to have the chance to try this one once the quarantine finishes and we can meet each other.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Thats right they do a good job and their price is also nice. Some of their strains are even p3 thats a lot of effort. This is my first run with khalifa seeds and so far they are very vigorous.

picture.php

picture.php

teide

Veteran
Nice job so far, chiliwilli. Looking forward to following this one. Are you still planning on crossing it with Kali china to bring down flowering time in subsequent grows?
What size pots? Some are wary of growing one of these due to space, and here you go, growing twelve!
Good on you. It will be a jungle in there!

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Yes will hit the kali china with the kerala males. Hope i will be also able to hit the kerala females with the kc x kc males due the long flowering time of the chellakutti.
I will flower clones in the small tecu 10x10 as long as possible and do a lot of topping.
Have a grow 12 days in flower now with 3 90l pots and scrog net(veg pic)

picture.php

Hope the one with the kushes is ready at 9 weeks and i will deside then if i put the fem kerala in the 90l and under the net.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Veglight is 150w osram hci-t powerball at 18/6 and 2 17w led plantlights with build in timer at 18/6 so the plants get 24h light.

Flower is 2 of the 150w with a dimmable 250-400w hps for flowerweek 3+.

picture.php

picture.php

teide

Veteran
Impressive setup. Not exactly a closet grow.. Looks like you will have space for the chellakuttis!
No till-soil in those 90liters? Nasturtiums for nitrogen or just for snacks? Good call on the kc crossing. Should be very interesting to see how the sativa is maintaned in that cross. This will be fun to follow.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
For the kerala i made ~50l and filled 4 10l flowerboxes and stretched the rest with coco to fill the pots. Will see how they stretch and deside if i put them in the 90l pots or simply place the pots with the fems on the boxes and let the roots grow through the holes

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Thx man:)

Since i switched to notill i got a nice improvement in taste and quality imo. Realy like that the plants take what they need and also indicate their ripeness by getting light without flushing.

The kali china are fem only and still waiting in my fridge. The reg version is not avaliable, think the fem version is way better and ace stopped the sale of the reg untill further improvement.

This is my first run with kali china since i'm more the sativs guy and most of the time over looked them.

Think i gonna start them in about 2 weeks.

teide

Veteran
Yeah, I just thought you might have reversed one and saved some pollen for whenever the chellakuttis will be ready.. If you want regular pollen for further filial breeding I guess you have to look for a stud amongst the chellakuttis. I am sure one will show up with that amount of plants!
Make sure to document the kali china grow as well, that is an intriguing plant!