What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Used dehumidifier?

Bloom SA

Dude. Get a used window wall rattler. Make sure to remove the water plug at the back and make sure it stands slightly slanted backwards. Run it in the room and it will work as a dehuey. They are generally much cheaper than a dehuey that will remove the equivalent moisture. The only downside is the noise

SpaceIsThePlace

Dude. Get a used window wall rattler. Make sure to remove the water plug at the back and make sure it stands slightly slanted backwards. Run it in the room and it will work as a dehuey. They are generally much cheaper than a dehuey that will remove the equivalent moisture. The only downside is the noise

Yeah man. Why get a dehumidifier that sits upright and drips through a hose into the floor drain, all neat and clean when I can instead take up 3-4 times the floor space suspending a loud-ass window unit over a bucket?

A massive dehumidifier is much more expensive than a massive window shaker, be it new or used. If I'm l only looking to pull 70 pints/day out of the air, the price difference is negligible. If I were broke and the AC unit were free, your solution would make a lot of sense.

I got myself a 70pt Frigidaire to go with my Phoenix. Works great, everything's dialed in.

Bloom SA

Maybe over there a dehuey is not that much more in price but over here it's about double the price of an ac that removes the same
You dont need to hang it up... sure it's a hack if it's in a tent but in a basement or garage on a stand is perfect. Good oscillating fans will ensure that the air is mixed well. Both ac and dehuey utilise the same method to dehumidify in any case. A good desiccant unit is first prize but even more expensive than a compressor unit