What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HashPlant S1 limited edition

Greenthumber

Thanks bud! Looking great on your end as well!! They could be! But from your pictures they don’t look to far off. Could be the angle I took the pic at who knows lol.
I as well just put a few cuts of her in the cloner yesterday! Starting to get those button tops now to. We shall see what is in store :woohoo:

OZZ_

Veteran
Bump to sub! I’d like to see how these guys all turn out ��

Last edited:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks bud! Looking great on your end as well!! They could be! But from your pictures they don’t look to far off. Could be the angle I took the pic at who knows lol.
I as well just put a few cuts of her in the cloner yesterday! Starting to get those button tops now to. We shall see what is in store :woohoo:

Camera angle could surely be the culprit, no doubt. But in real life, mine do not match up to (typical) WLD vars - in various ways. Sounds great - looking forward to experiencing the differences! My cuts were upended... so even though all four took, I am not positive the ones I kept as HP are, in fact, HP. :noway:

Grabbed some pics of mine tonight after returning from vacation. Seems to have done okay for having been left alone for six days:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Will grab some more in a couple days...

Greenthumber

Oh yeah they faired well While On your travels. Nice and lush! Starting to thicken up nicely too! Ehh I’m sure once they start showing some growth you’ll be able to pick them apart lol you pay attention to detail well. I actually did the same thing I took cuts of hp,cherry pie, chocolate mint and chem91. I had may or may not have mixed the chocolate mint and hp lol we’ll see

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Yeah, it’s easy to do, even when sober, I found out - the hard way. Not sure how I caught the tray’s edge on the tent’s door/flap, but I sure did, and they all ended up on the floor. I think I will be able to tell one from the other, though. I hope. HP happened to be an easily identifiable plant early on. So I don’t expect any confusion problems.

Plants like this make me wonder why some growers turn their nose up to fem seeds. One seed; this plant. May not be representative of the mother. Don’t know. But a really nice growing plant so far - can only hope she smokes nicely. Looks as though she’ll finish with a respectable yield. As mentioned, took four cuts from lower branches and topped, otherwise she’s untrimmed.

More looks:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Greenthumber

Yeah shit happens lol I ran into I had to make cuts at one place and transport them but only had two cups and cuttings from 4 strains lol. I’ve wondered the same! Through the years I’ve grown out a few different fems it’s not
Until the last few years I’ve started looking more to picking phenos but I wanted her to do a possible crossing with. I’m doing 3 pheno hunts right now truphle butter, strawberries and cream and scoops. I plan on keeping pollen from each so we’ll see. She’s a beautiful growing plants for sure I’ll try and get photos of my hashplant soon. Yours kind of reminds me of the Wookies plant I grew a year and a half back she had the exact same structure and grew nice branch length buds

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Shmavis :)

Thank you very much for your updates. This release is fairly new and we haven't had much feedback on the HashPlant S1 release yet so your feedback is much appreciated.

How is doing yours in the second half of flowering ? Hopefully doing fine!

What makes you think yours 'do not match up to (typical) WLD vars' ?
Everything about the HashPlant mother and its S1 release are linked to fully afghani hashplant indicas traits (or WLD):
wide leaves, thick stems, its growing and flowering structure, early flowering, aromas, effects, resins, etc ...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
How is doing yours Greenthumber ? :)
Thanks for joining this thread.

It's very important to label properly all the clones and mothers if you are serious on preserving the best plants you have found.

Living her best life. Doing great even after being spilt over by my dog when in a solo cup lol.

View Image

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Yeah, it’s easy to do, even when sober, I found out - the hard way. Not sure how I caught the tray’s edge on the tent’s door/flap, but I sure did, and they all ended up on the floor. I think I will be able to tell one from the other, though. I hope. HP happened to be an easily identifiable plant early on. So I don’t expect any confusion problems.

Plants like this make me wonder why some growers turn their nose up to fem seeds. One seed; this plant. May not be representative of the mother. Don’t know. But a really nice growing plant so far - can only hope she smokes nicely. Looks as though she’ll finish with a respectable yield. As mentioned, took four cuts from lower branches and topped, otherwise she’s untrimmed.

More looks:

View Image View Image View Image

Stacking up nice very :good:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hi Shmavis :)

Thank you very much for your updates. This release is fairly new and we haven't had much feedback on the HashPlant S1 release yet so your feedback is much appreciated.

How is doing yours in the second half of flowering ? Hopefully doing fine!

What makes you think yours 'do not match up to (typical) WLD vars' ?
Everything about the HashPlant mother and its S1 release are linked to fully afghani hashplant indicas traits (or WLD):
wide leaves, thick stems, its growing and flowering structure, early flowering, aromas, effects, resins, etc ...

Hi Dubi,

I say as much based on personal experience with hashplant and Afghan types over the years. I have a fondness and preference for growing such types. (I don’t mean though to say I know what constitutes a ‘true’ hashplant ;) ) I can’t speak to aromas, effects and resins just yet; (although resin rubs do seem on point) but the leaves and the fingers of, are narrower than I regularly experience when growing such types. And it’s been my general experience that such types are generally shorter in stature with tighter internodal spacing. And flowers are usually more ‘ball’ shaped rather than stacked. All that said, this is the first time I have grown a non-hybridized hashplant - Sensi’s offering circa early ‘00s maybe being the closest (grew their Afghani #1 back then too). So I am a newbie in that sense, as the rest have been hashplant hybrids. So I am just using prior grows as a comparison point, not really relying on textbook and or actual knowledge/experience with 'true' hashplant types.

Been working a lot lately and didn’t get them up, but took some pictures last weekend. Was going to post up asking for advice. The plant is, overall, doing good but I do have reason for concern. I think it will finish out fine and still give a bountiful harvest, but leaves are showing something is out of line - the only plant I have displaying this displeasure. Too late to worry too much about it now but would like to know where I fell short, so will do my best to get some pics up this weekend to get some wisdom. Part of me wonders if I didn’t feed her heavy enough, as recommended. I looked at pics in the infirmary and thought on one hand it was a mag deficiency, yet another pic had me thinking phosphorus. And initially I thought powdery mildew, but - thankfully - no prior experience so wasn’t sure.

And there also was a timeline to the turn. Just before I left for vacation I had fed her a dose of fish emulsions. The last pic in post #43 shows she responded favorably. But upon my return she was ready for another drink. So the next morning after taking that pic the night before, I fed her a half dose of Neptune’s Harvest… then took the pics I last posted a couple days later. If you look closely at the last pic posted you can see the spotting on the fan leaves… this progressed considerably. I have a good close up of this and will get it up in a couple days for a diagnosis. With this being my first outdoor attempt I didn't do anything in the way of pest management and didn't fret over them but rather just looked in on them now and again. But seeing this I did bump up mag. No noticeable change. Grabbed some 0-12-0 guano the other day but haven't done anything with it yet.

She looks to still have a few weeks until finish, but we’ll see. I may get a chance to post up some pics this afternoon… look forward to your thoughts/advice. :tiphat:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
OK. I took these pics last Sunday - the 22nd - with the intent of posting them up for insights/advice as to what the problem might be. I uploaded some other pics to the site last Saturday and Sunday. It was a pain in the ass. Not sure why, but uploading had never been such a headache before. Took f o r e v e r. When I got around to posting these I no longer had time to spare, so didn’t bother. Thankfully tonight they uploaded much quicker and without issue.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

A closer look at a fan leaf:

picture.php

About leaf form: Among those cuts that were upended, thereby losing their identity, were some cuts that leaned toward Pre-98 Bubba taken from two different phenos. At this point, I still can’t say with certainty which cuts are HP S1. Won’t know until grown out more, even though I have a strong hunch. But I can say, without doubt, that these two are Pre-98 leaners.

picture.php

I just don’t know if they’re both from the same plant, or if each is from a separate plant. But they’re easily recognizable, because they typify WLD vars, in my experience.

If it's not raining Sunday morning I will get some current pics posted - with closer flower looks. Got cold here last night. I could swear HP looked like she was starting to swell this morning. Maybe she'll kick into overdrive and finish in a couple weeks... Really looking forward to smoking some!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Although it looks as though she has a couple weeks yet till finish, I took the lowest branch yesterday morning to have an early sample this weekend. Was surprised to find a seed on her. Best I can tell, it’s just the one on this branch but there may be more, and even more on the rest of the plant. No idea yet if it self-pollinated or if it’s stray pollen or if one of the other plants threw some nanners. Will have to pay attention at harvest. Would be nice to know which was the pollen donor. Also have a nearby neighbor who’s growing some bag seed that all ended up being females. So very likely his plants are prone to throw some pollen.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

So does any one have any thoughts as to what the blotchiness of the fan leaves might be about? It seems to be more so on the outer leaves.

Now I really have reason to look forward to Sunday! :biggrin:

akirabull

hy shmavis, this blotchiness are unfortunately a fungus, your plant is showing sintoms of oidium, mildew. overwatering, high humidity and cold are a dangerous combo. try to catch all info you can to combat it , is in a stage you can probably manage to save a early harvest.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Yep, common powdery mildew..

The Hashplant S1 might not be very resistant to the outdoor environment if you’re in an area with high humidity come autumn. The spores will be heavy in the air.

It doesn’t look terrible yet but can spread reasonably fast. The plant looks a couple weeks away but you may want to, as akirabull mentioned, take an early harvest. Also moving the plant somewhere with more airflow might help. There’s a few solutions to powdery mildew which can work if you feel like you want to combat it to leave the plant out longer. There’s an organic milk solution that apparently works. Not sure I would spray this late in flower though, wiping leaves might be a better option.

As for the seeded buds; if you can’t find any sacks on your own plants then it’s more than reasonable to think the plants next door might be the culprit. Bag seed from a hermi sounds very probable.

We’ve had days of rain here and I’m starting to see rot in a few places on my one outdoor plant. Unless they’re robust OD varieties you have to keep a close eye.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
hy shmavis, this blotchiness are unfortunately a fungus, your plant is showing sintoms of oidium, mildew. overwatering, high humidity and cold are a dangerous combo. try to catch all info you can to combat it , is in a stage you can probably manage to save a early harvest.

Yep, common powdery mildew..

The Hashplant S1 might not be very resistant to the outdoor environment if you’re in an area with high humidity come autumn. The spores will be heavy in the air.

It doesn’t look terrible yet but can spread reasonably fast. The plant looks a couple weeks away but you may want to, as akirabull mentioned, take an early harvest. Also moving the plant somewhere with more airflow might help. There’s a few solutions to powdery mildew which can work if you feel like you want to combat it to leave the plant out longer. There’s an organic milk solution that apparently works. Not sure I would spray this late in flower though, wiping leaves might be a better option.

As for the seeded buds; if you can’t find any sacks on your own plants then it’s more than reasonable to think the plants next door might be the culprit. Bag seed from a hermi sounds very probable.

We’ve had days of rain here and I’m starting to see rot in a few places on my one outdoor plant. Unless they’re robust OD varieties you have to keep a close eye.

Thanks fellas - it’s greatly appreciated. :tiphat:

I suspected powdery mildew early on because I could wet the leaves and wipe them and it seemed to return the leaf to a normal appearance. Now it’s as though it’s more internalized - can’t change appearance by wiping.

Weather is up and down right now. Supposed to be near 90º today with high humidity. Friday has a forecasted high of 59º - good ol’ Michigan fall weather.

Thankfully the plant right next to this one shows no signs. Nor do the others. I don’t plan to try to combat it. I will harvest early, this weekend. I had planned to dry my outdoor harvest indoors. That doesn’t strike me as such a good idea now. Especially since I am starting to ramp up for an indoor run or two. Yet I don’t have anywhere else (that I can control) to do it. Have a shed I could possibly dry in… wondering if I should just take a branch or two and let the rest go. It was a free seed after all. Ordered five and got six. Maybe I will pop another here in a few weeks for an indoor run.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Shmavis,

We tested HashPlant S1 offspring indoors and it produced the separate, ball shaped dense flowering structure, classic of pure afghani strains. All the other traits of the strain are fully afghani imo.
Yours seems to be enjoying the stronger light intensity of the great outdoors, that's why she is reacting with a more abundant cola shaped style.
Syd is currently growing outdoors a Bubba Hash (Bubba Kush x HashPlant) with a similar cola shaped flowering structure like yours.

akirabull and Kalbhairav are correct. The white spots on the leaves looks like typical powder mildew infection. Since the plant is quite advanced into flowering, i would just remove carefully the affected leaves and inspect whether the flowers are affected. Hopefully it's not the case and she will have enough time to finish before the infection spreads further.

Hi Dubi,

I say as much based on personal experience with hashplant and Afghan types over the years. I have a fondness and preference for growing such types. (I don’t mean though to say I know what constitutes a ‘true’ hashplant ;) ) I can’t speak to aromas, effects and resins just yet; (although resin rubs do seem on point) but the leaves and the fingers of, are narrower than I regularly experience when growing such types. And it’s been my general experience that such types are generally shorter in stature with tighter internodal spacing. And flowers are usually more ‘ball’ shaped rather than stacked. All that said, this is the first time I have grown a non-hybridized hashplant - Sensi’s offering circa early ‘00s maybe being the closest (grew their Afghani #1 back then too). So I am a newbie in that sense, as the rest have been hashplant hybrids. So I am just using prior grows as a comparison point, not really relying on textbook and or actual knowledge/experience with 'true' hashplant types.

Been working a lot lately and didn’t get them up, but took some pictures last weekend. Was going to post up asking for advice. The plant is, overall, doing good but I do have reason for concern. I think it will finish out fine and still give a bountiful harvest, but leaves are showing something is out of line - the only plant I have displaying this displeasure. Too late to worry too much about it now but would like to know where I fell short, so will do my best to get some pics up this weekend to get some wisdom. Part of me wonders if I didn’t feed her heavy enough, as recommended. I looked at pics in the infirmary and thought on one hand it was a mag deficiency, yet another pic had me thinking phosphorus. And initially I thought powdery mildew, but - thankfully - no prior experience so wasn’t sure.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hi Shmavis,

We tested HashPlant S1 offspring indoors and it produced the separate, ball shaped dense flowering structure, classic of pure afghani strains. All the other traits of the strain are fully afghani imo.
Yours seems to be enjoying the stronger light intensity of the great outdoors, that's why she is reacting with a more abundant cola shaped style.
Syd is currently growing outdoors a Bubba Hash (Bubba Kush x HashPlant) with a similar cola shaped flowering structure like yours.

akirabull and Kalbhairav are correct. The white spots on the leaves looks like typical powder mildew infection. Since the plant is quite advanced into flowering, i would just remove carefully the affected leaves and inspect whether the flowers are affected. Hopefully it's not the case and she will have enough time to finish before the infection spreads further.

Hi Dubi,

Yesterday morning, wearing 2.5x reading glasses, I removed a good deal of the fan leaves and inspected the flowers. Best I can tell, the flowers look to be unaffected. Thankfully it's been sunny, cool and dry here the last couple days and it's supposed to continue late into the week. As of now I am pretty sure I will chop late in the week. I see forecasted lows next week near freezing at night. Saw some purpling yesterday after trimming and as of this morning there's a lot more.

That's a beaut Syd has on his hands! It's all quite interesting and now I am curious to see how a cut of this plant flowers indoors.

Many thanks for the info and advice! :tiphat:

Don’t give up on her yet! Think of all that lovely hashplant smoke

I have been, that's why I just couldn't bring myself to whack her last weekend. :biggrin:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Some looks from yesterday morning after trimming away the most affected leaves and getting a closer look at the flowers.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Also inspired to not give up because I found the early sample to be more heady than I was hoping for. Understandable though being the lowest branch and taken early.

Latest posts

Latest posts