What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba D-Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba (fems)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hell yeah! Great work, Jake.

Apologies if you've already said and I missed it - are these being grown under LED? (I noticed burple lighting in the background.)

jakespeed

Veteran
yes, VG made some great seed from these two classics....thx, This was my first buy from seedbay in ten years, I have had great success finding winners from seedbay vendors , only place to get them sometimes, I never forget the breeders of the seed that gives me good vibes, and seedbay has had plenty.

jakespeed

Veteran
I run 4 x 240watt ,in
picture.php
20 sqft, kingbright 301h/ reds/ uv/ ir , no dimmers. The reds you see in background are lights over seed, them are growstars. I have played with LED for 15 years, alongside with my HID. Just in the last couple of years they made huge gains for my liking. I am not saying kingbright is best, but Led is taking over. Plants grow a little different under led , but its about the read of the plant, follow them , make them happy , and I get better results with led with my approach

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Such a great looking plant, and well grown. Thanks js :tiphat:

i agree that LEDs have really come on in the last few years. Now they are almost too strong, especially in veg.. you need all the other ducks in a row or the plants almost can't keep up with the light they are getting.

i'd love to hear more thoughts on happy plants under LEDs .. i'm still learning.
i see thats a pretty big gap there between lights and plants in the veg room?

My plant has reveg'd pretty well and i have started taking cuttings from it.

I probably should make some more of the F1 seeds too...

things are getting busy.. but i have a lot more time these days.. and a bit more space, so hopefully i can get things moving a bit faster.

oh yeah, been smoking the buds.. and it's pretty strong.. certainly as strong as the Chem D or stronger, but with the high leaning more towards the bubba i think.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks amazing! I would imagine quite a lot more yield potential too.

I've got a Chem x Bubba plant reversing atm.. a week or so into flowering.. fingers crossed that we'll get some pollen and some Fem F2s of this cross.

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the Chem D x Bubba reversed now, and seeing a little pollen, so with luck we should have some F2s of this fem cross in a month or two.
The F1s seemed to mostly lean towards the bubba, which is cool.... but the F2s should give all shades of variation between the two parents. Excited to explore these!
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are a couple of shots of the Bubba D plant i'm selfing, about a week into flower.

Big strong healthy plant... not the best pics, sorry.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks DD, yes i am really looking forward to what the S1s of this plant bring.. should be like an F2 spead, and this cross defo has more vigor than the bubba or the chem cuts. I should be harvesting the seeds next week.

VG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Such a great looking plant, and well grown. Thanks js :tiphat:

i agree that LEDs have really come on in the last few years. Now they are almost too strong, especially in veg.. you need all the other ducks in a row or the plants almost can't keep up with the light they are getting.

i'd love to hear more thoughts on happy plants under LEDs .. i'm still learning.
i see thats a pretty big gap there between lights and plants in the veg room?

VG

Amen Brother! Less is more, higher better than closer. Better have enough roots and water. All lessons I am learning with LEDs.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This cross is now named "Bubba D" - which will make it less confusing with the S1s of this cross.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats fine, or usually we shorten it to LTDC Bubba. yeah....I'm getting better with names! :shucks:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course that is a different line to what this thread is for - this is Chem D x pre-98 bubba... I'll be starting a new thread for the Bubba D S1s soon.