What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnificat's Legal Grow Journal and Chill Zone

Magnificat

image_514042.jpg
image_514043.jpg
image_514044.jpg
image_514045.jpg
image_514238.jpg
image_514239.jpg
It's time for another update. I completed the harvest and have some numbers, some final pictures and once the nugs have had a chance to chill out in the jars for a week or so and shrink into themselves a little I will post some dry pics.

This round ended up coming out quite nicely, I just completed bagging up the first 5 plants and am trimming/prepping the last plant (I will add the numbers later once I have them). But so far I ended up with 14.67 ounces for 6 plants. I am cleaning my jars right now. If any one is curious, I use 1quart standard opening mason jars you can buy at the market and I have a food vacuum sealer with a jar attachment. To clean them each time (once the resins are all stuck) I first douse with oils and wipe the jars inside with oily paper towel, let sit for an hour, then use soap and water to wash out the oil. Dry and they will sparkle and be ready for a new round. This round will fill approx. 11-12 jars full which once burped get vacuum sealed for longer term storage.

Spicy White Devil: 60.97g
Blue Widow: 66.76g
Critical Cheese: 65.28g
Dark Ghost Train Haze: 71.44g
Dark Ghost Train Haze2: 68.45g
Holy Grail Kush: 77.93g

Total: 410.83g or 14.67 ounces 6 plants under 1200w HPS 410.83g/1200w = .344444 g/watt ratio.. not that great but the quality is outstanding...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_514055.jpg
image_514056.jpg
image_514057.jpg
image_514058.jpg
image_514059.jpg
And the next update on what else is going on with the next round and the babies I spoke about in previous posts. I now have approx. 28+ babies now popped out of the soils..

I did want to make a note about the experiment I did with the new soils. I used it and found that it retained considerably more water than the fox farms does and so I made some errors with it and lost some seeds. I restarted some additional seeds and used fox farms on the new ones. It's not that the mix didn't work, it works as I have some growing fine in the promix/worm castings, it was just my own assumptions about the consistency of the soils versus what I have more experience with and so ran into problems.

Now for the good news, the 28+ babies. I will get a full count soon and strain list that's going, but it includes C99, Killer Queen, Princess Haze, Roid Rage, punch breath, Sunny D, lemon pie, double lemon pie, slammin' pie, alien OG, Wedding Cake OG, Gelato OG and Chemberry Diesel. Now for some pics...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_514435.jpg
image_514432.jpg
image_514433.jpg
image_514434.jpg
Here are some pics of some dry nugs. What happens now is the burping of the jars and slow removal of undesired moisture before they can be safely vacuum sealed for months without concern.

Some are more closer to ready than others, and the nugs have a chewy dense structure but can still be broken down with slight snap to the breaking of the nug. After sealing the jars overnight the next day the buds are moist again and spongy so out the nug comes and left out for another hour and back into the jars. This occurs over a few days until the herbs are perfect moisture levels...

So far I have a few favorites... The Holy Grail Kush from DNA was the winner for me. Its a strong sativa like head kicker that after a massive bong rip requires some minutes to gain control of the rush that kicks in. I have 77 grams of this and so siked about that, also most if not all the buds on that plant were well matured due to the spread out nature of the plant with an amazing main head. (see pictures for HGK).

The Spicy white devil is another with nice formation of nugs, diesel smells, and decent yields. Probably the second best looking nugs followed by the DGH series.

DGH1 and DGH2 showed some purpling at the end and on the dried nugs. Smokes strong, pungent, diesel triple diesel smells and tastes. DGH1 is more diesel whereas DGH2 has more of the DGH smells, some sweetness and cleaning solution smells at the top. Both yielded good and better than previous runs which I found to be not too dense so definitely a better run this time with the dark ghost train haze..

Cheese is good, lots of smaller stacked nugs, has a blue cheese smell but sweeter and less butterscotch like..

Pictures 1-3: HGK
Pictures 4: DGH1

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_514732.jpg
image_514733.jpg
image_514734.jpg
Today was a busy day in the garden tent and I managed to get a lot of work done. I started transplanting the babies into 1 gallon containers for the next phase of their grow and managed to put in 18 today. I plan to put in another 6-7 tomorrow but I need to grab some more bags of soil. I will post pics of the full set tomorrow once its completed...

The first picture shows how I transplant using the red solo cups. As you can see I snip them 5-6 times along the edges and peel the sides down. This way I can remove the soil ball without disturbing it. And the cups are recyclable

if anyone is interested, I use the 1 gallon black/white poly bags and I cut off 2.5 inches at the top end. Just the right amount removed to make them perfect.

My nephew is pretty excited these days, he has moved from working retail at NR in Millbury to working at the grow facility in Lakeville. Should be interesting to see if I can incorporate any techniques they use there into my own grow systems.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away. The setup is quite basic for soil but its been producing nicely now for the last couple years so I don't make too many changes.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_514799.jpg
image_514800.jpg
image_514801.jpg
image_514802.jpg
image_514803.jpg
OK I did another round of transplanting today and added another 7 to the mix. Now we have a full 25 babies in 1 gallon pots plus 2-3 seeds left that will probably need their transplanting in the next couple days. There are 3 mutants I am unsure of and will keep and eye on them for now but I have plenty this round.

What we have in store is several plans. The first being that me and my nephew will run another flower run of new strains in about 2 weeks from now and I transplant 8 or 9 (inc. 2 regular seeds) into 5 gallon bucks. Then I will have to see which males I can locate of the regular seeds and finally keep a few moms to pull clones from for the final run before the summer starts. Once I locate the males I plan to flower 1-2 out and dust some branches...

For cloning I use an aerocloner 30 that you find at your typical grow store. I tend to use nothing but tap water or the smallest amount of the clonex type hormone. Takes 2-3 weeks but get a nice hanging set of roots on each and then into soil containers again. :) When I did hydro, they would go into 6" hydro buckets with hydroton stones at that stage.

This is the actual list of seeds that sprouted but I believe 2-4 are duds as indicated above...

Chemberry Diesel... 2
C99...……..……………. 5
Roid Rage.……………. 4
Princess haze……….. 3
Killer Queen...…….. 2
gelato OG.………….. 1
Alien OG...…………. 1
Wedding Cake OG. 4
Sunny D...………….. 3
Lemon Pie.…………. 2
Double Lemon Pie. 2
slammin Pie...……. 3

total 33 seeds.. 3 duds.. 2-3 left to replant...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_515176.jpg
image_515177.jpg
Today wraps up the last of the replanting into 1 gallon containers. I have 1 seedling in a cup but its a mutant Alien OG. I might hold on and see if it comes back to normal growth but if not, not a huge deal since I now have 28 babies in 1 gallon containers in the tent. I also have NO space left in the tent.

The last 3 babies are: C99, Lemon Pie and Sunny D.

They are doing amazing, just waiting for their first watering after the transplant. As I mentioned in some previous posts I moisten/wet all my soils before I use them by mixing in 3/4 gallon of water into 4 gallons of soil approx. with perlite and hand mix. Then I watered 1.5 cups of water after the plant is installed in the 1 gallon pot. They last about 5-7 days without any need for watering and just root at this stage...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_515620.jpg
image_515621.jpg
image_515622.jpg
image_515624.jpg
Hi All, just checking in after a couple days. I did a watering on the 3 trays in the back left and then the day after watered the front tray and side tray, now a few days later I should hit up the last tray (4 pack in front right).

I have some pictures of the list and a key for all the plants... My nephew is itching to start up, so I am trying to see if I can put together a nice set of 6-8 babies for tomorrow, but most likely will wait till next weekend along with me. But we shall see.

Potential run is:
My own run:
Wedding Cake OG x 2
Sunny D x 1
Chemberry Diesel x 1
Slammin Pie x 2

Regs: roid rage x 1
killer queen x 2

Nephew:
Wedding Cake OG x2
Sunny D x2
Chemberry Diesel x1
Slammin Pie x1

regs: roid rage x1
C99 x1
Princess haze x1

and leaves me with 3 single seed females: lemonpie, gelato og, c99 and punch breath for moms for next round.

along with that, more regular c99, princess haze and roid rage. Here are all of them in their glory and they are growing quickly...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_516054.jpg
image_516053.jpg
image_516052.jpg
I am sure you are all dying to see an update and where we are. I am going to do the transplanting into 5 gallon containers this weekend and once I have them in place will provide a final list of actual plants I am running.

They are growing fast with the 2 wedding cake OGs pushing ahead of all the rest. I also believe I located one c99 male so far... its the one that was in the back..

Also, note, if you are comparing plants, I turned the last container around 180 degrees so that the c99 is where the princess 2 was. the container is labelled (1) back left...

once the rest of the work is done I will post an update...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_516871.jpg
image_516872.jpg
image_516873.jpg
image_516874.jpg
20170305 150134
Hope you are all enjoying the show so far. Today was a very busy day, got up and started working on the gardens. I planted 6 femenized and 2 possible females into 5gal fabric pots and also planted 5 males in 5gal plastic grow bags. These should take about 2-3 weeks until flip as they are somewhat large already. Also one of the roid rage babies didn't root well and shifted in it's container and so I pulled it, which brought the total to 27.

I sent my nephew home today with 10 plants of his own, but I suspect that 2-3 might be males for him also as we couldn't identify all of them and he has some regular seeds in his set. I told him if I find any of my males not being males he can have it to add to his collection.

Today I was able to see the males quite well as I recently purchased a headset/glasses type magnification headset used for painting miniatures (one of my new hobbies) and I flipped on the 3.5X magnification and its like just looking at the plants under a microscope, definitely enough to see the male balls.

Finally, I have 4 girls left in the tent, a Sunny D, Lemon Pie, C99 and Gelato OG. These will be grown out and bushed out and made into moms for round 3. I am excited to see how well the clones root in a grow tent with nice humidity.

As for what I am running,
Wedding Cake OG x2
Sunny D x1
PunchBreath x 1
Chemberry Diesel x1
Slammin Pie x1

Regs:
C99 x1
killer queen x1

4-5 definite males, C99, 2 x Princess Haze, Killer Queen and roid rage.

Nephew:
Wedding Cake OG x2
Sunny D x1
Chemberry Diesel x1
Slammin Pie x2

regs:
roid rage x2
C99 x1
Princess haze x1

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_517868.jpg
image_517869.jpg
image_517870.jpg
it's about time for another update as its been about a week since the transplant. I did nothing but watering until yesterday when I hit all the girls/boys with a mild 65-85ppms 4 cups of a modified week 3 mix. I noticed another male C99 in the collection of so called females so I ended up killing it as it wasn't the strongest and I have another C99 that should be male.

I also think the sunny D was regular seeds per my nephew and I think my large sunny d is a male.. if it ends up being male I might flower it out and use some pollen also.

I transplanted the Alien OG female into a 1 gallon yesterday in prep so it will be one of the moms for the next clone round...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_518628.jpg
image_518629.jpg
image_518630.jpg
image_518631.jpg
image_518632.jpg
Things grow really fast around these parts and as usual they are taking off. I did another micro feeding this time around 100-120 ppms this morning and took pictures this evening. All is going really well. We are exactly 2 weeks since I transplanted into 5 gallon buckets and as you can see they really grow quite large. I might turn them over tomorrow or at least by Wednesday as some are getting kind of tall already and I have no real idea how much they will stretch.

One of the princess Males turned out to be a Princess Female, so now its cycled in. I still have a Princess Haze, Killer Queen, Roid Rage and Sunny D males and 8 females. I'm not really sure which male(s) to use here and maybe might try and settle on 2 max with roid rage being one I might toss, its not branchy at all.

I like to use a little LST along the way to help get them branchy so if you look at the pictures you will see some folded down. This isn't FEM its just bending the stem over without damage and within 8-10 hours they are perfectly straight up again. But each time helps send signals to cause lateral growth.

The mom tent is coming along, I was going to transplant them into 3 gal nursery pots or maybe ill go out and grab some 3 and 5 gallon grow bags and use them instead. I want to kick them into gear as I plan to cut clones in about 2-3 weeks from today for the next grow.

The pics....

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_518844.jpg
image_518845.jpg
image_518846.jpg
image_518847.jpg
image_518848.jpg
Just a few new pics. I transplanted those moms into 3 gallon nursery pots and it was like almost doing nothing so maybe they were 1.5-2 gallon. Its more than in the bags and will suffice for getting the clones I need from them except I just don't like using hard pots for anything because of the abuse a plant can take if it doesn't come out of the pot gently. I prefer cutting the bag away from the plant instead...

the girls look fine. I gave them 5 hours darkness last night, tonight 9 hours approx. and then 12/12... some are definitely ready while others are lagging behind slightly. Here are some pics from 20 minutes ago.

Wedding cake
C99
chemberry diesel
slammin pie
moms

EDIT: a new update, one of the males princess haze is showing hairs so its a confirmed female! AND the smallin PIE is a confirmed MALE! I guess I didn't get any femenized seeds from dark horse after all, something my nephew pointed out to me. Only the dank seeds stuff is femenised, so he ended up with 3 more males and me im still discovering. the rest are female and the males I have all show balls now..

Males: Slammin Pie, Princess haze and Sunny D... I might run a whoes your daddy on these and just mix all males but we shall see.. it depends on how well I can collect pollen and complete the flowering process outside the grow room... which is not optimum but once the pollen starts dumping I don't think it really matters if its early pollen or late pollen, but rather pollen itself.. :) and dumping pollen is what it does.. I use large white sheets of paper and bang it off then collect.. If you have pollen allergies, wear a mask as it dusts up.. best to do in another room away from the flowering room...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_519381.jpg
image_519382.jpg
image_519383.jpg
image_519384.jpg
Well, its about 5 days since the last post and I have a new update and pictures to share. I ended up flipping on Monday fully 12/12 not Wednesday as predicted and now have about 5 days of flowering started. They haven't stretched too much which is good. It should be fairly smooth sailing from here on out.

pictures are with HPS bulbs now installed on Monday so the color of the leaves will not be quite the same green color as before. I use a 600 watt MH conversion bulb during veg cycles.. I am really loving the slammin pie male I have, its such a unique looking plant with really jagged leaves... its 3rd picture. Last is some LST to help that killer queen break out a little.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_520897.jpg
image_520898.jpg
image_520899.jpg
image_520900.jpg
image_520901.jpg
HI All, we needed an update and as usual things get out of control in the flower room rapidly. I had to do a supercrop of the main head of one of the taller wedding cage OG plants and the next day it turned up again nicely. I just fed them again week 6 mix which is first week of real mix after the transition mix, 140ppms. At this stage we have a room full of stems.. :) nothing to see here..

I will be feeding every other watering on the next and pushing the ppms upwards a little slowly as we move into flower.

Pic1: Here is the room out of control tonight taken in the dark.
pic2: the males I am collecting pollen from. 1-2 more days and I won't need the males and will kill them off keeping a small dimes worth of pollen.
pic3: the cloner machine empty in tent
pic4: moms cut (30 clones taken) and put back in with clones in tent
pic5: close up of the 30 clones

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_522237.jpg
image_522238.jpg
Hey everyone, figured it was time to put up another update. We are now just over 3 weeks into flower and the heads are finally done stretching and starting to put on a little size. The smell is great and now lingering in the house again.

I shouldn't be that surprised that these things are so tall, because most are sative with the C99 being a Sativa Dominant strain as well as the wedding cake, princess haze, Chemberry Diesel! So right now some plants are going to end up around 1.8m or 6'.

The wedding cake resins smells a little like the dark ghost train haze with that sweet bubblegum kind of smell to it, killer queen is hashy lemon/lime with spiciness, lil have to take some more time and write down stem aromas on each of them but its just out of control in there!

As for the new clones, at least half if not most have some roots while some have hanging roots, i'm giving them 1 more week to allow all the roots to have bulkiness to them and will plant them all next weekend... Moms cut and bonzai' right now. Once the nugs start to fill in will the pictures improve.. :) This is just the beginning of week 4.

Oh yea, I will be dusting a branch of each strain next weekend and label them up.. I use a Qtip and just gently dust some pollen on top of the nug… I tend to use a lower nug cause the one below it gets hit too... Slammin Cake, Slammin Breath, Slammin Queen, Slammin chemberry, slammin Princess and slammin Cindy! On top of that we will have a sunny Queen using the sunny D male..

Here are some pictures.. C99 and Chemberry Diesel. more pics to come....

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_523451.jpg
image_523452.jpg
image_523453.jpg
image_523454.jpg
image_523455.jpg
It was definitely time for a new update as there has been a lot of work done around the gardens and tent this past weekend.

Starting off with the females, all is going great. I fed them 2.5 notches 3 waters back and even now just did a 4th watering. There is slight yellowing on lower leaves on some plants, so dialed the feeding back. Next watering they will get another feeding of 2.5 notches or 300-350 ppms again of week 7 mix.

The pictures are from today except the one in the normal light which was taken 3 days ago, but overall looking fine and healthy with nice strong smells coming out of the room at all times.

As for the clones I took. I replanted 25-26 in solo cups over the weekend and are just waiting for them to root up and get healthy. The cloner didn't leave them in great shape and so they need time to recover. they had nice roots just the tops got a little rough on some and the fan leaves dried up on some, etc. Nothing major that I haven't run into before and I have plenty of clones for next round.

As for the pollen chucking... Me and the nephew labelled up a branch on all plants except the wedding cake OG as we found a few naners on lower branches on that one. Once labelled we used the slammin pie male pollen I collected a few weeks ago on some nug heads. We are really looking forward to the slammin chemberry diesel, slammin punch breath, slammin killer queeen and slammin cindy… this C99 is tall so hopefully the male will help reduce its size... All the plants are tall, I guess sativa dominant strains seems to be my thing... Luckily I have the height for it but still, several of these girls are taller than me...

I will get some pictures of the clones on the next update and the updates should start picking up again as we are down to approximately the last 4 weeks of flower once we hit this weekend.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_524389.jpg
image_524390.jpg
image_524391.jpg
image_524392.jpg
image_524393.jpg
Time for another update. Here we are about 3 weeks out for most and maybe 2.5 for some as they are looking much more along than I would expect, especially the C99, the killer queen and princess haze, the rest need more time.

Here are the girls... again I think the feeding on this one needed an adjustment in the 5/6 week mix. I will see about next round making some minor changes to avoid the yellowing seen on the wedding cake fan leaves.

The clones are doing fine and slowly rooting, I had to pinch 3 tops as the clones were growing taller than I wanted and started growing upward whereas the others haven't budged yet. So I FIM them a little just pinching the tips semi pressured every day so not really cutting it off, just slowing it down.

The pictures are as follows....

pic1: room
pic2: chemberry diesel
pic3: wedding cake OG (larger)
pic4: princess haze
pic5: clones

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_525490.jpg
image_525486.jpg
image_525487.jpg
image_525488.jpg
image_525489.jpg
So things have been wrapping up in the flower room these last couple days. I started chopping a few girls on Saturday morning and 1 more today which looked finished. Of these taken down aside from the c99, all were in great health at finish time and should prove to be some outstanding smoke.... what was taken down was killer queen, princess haze, c99, and today was the punchbreath. C99 was the only one with an issue due to the support stakes causing root damage..

as for the clones in cups, I planted 12 in 1gal bags yesterday for next rounds...

I just cut 24-25 clones for my nephew as he is running behind on the schedule as he trimmed and took clones from his working girls before the flip. you can see my method of wrapping the ends in toilet paper that's soaked, using dry toilet paper and paint tape to wrap em together. He is on his way over and we are avoiding contact right now so I will leave on my porch for him.

Once I trim up the girls and check them out more fully I will report on the seeds....

pic1: last 4 girls
pic2: wedding cake OGs still finishing up
pic3: chemberry diesel looking amazing
pic4: Water Cloner clones in 1 gallon bags
pic5: new clones I just cut today for my nephew ready for transport

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_528055.jpg
image_528056.jpg
image_528057.jpg
image_528058.jpg
image_528059.jpg
So not much happening? yea right... I took them down about 4-5 days earlier than expected and some took 1 week longer.. so it was a strange mix of time.... Needless to say we have the 8 plants sitting in jars now and I have some final counts...

3/27/20 finish
killer queen 46.00 grams
punchbreath 36.72 grams
princess haze 43.00 grams
chemberry diesel 71.20 grams
c99 63.75 grams
wedding cake sm 82.70 grams
wedding came lg 90.00 grams (100 still wet but ill give it 10 dry)
killer squeen sm 29.73 grams
Total: 463.10 grams

the best is the wedding cakes! holy crap great smoke, strong, sweet and heady, the killer queen another favorite really unique, the princess was decent too, the worse was the C99 but that didn't finish right whereas the rest were wet stemmed and thriving at the end... Quite pleased with the round and the numbers show it...

As for seeds? YUP we got some... I haven't rifled all the nugs with seeds as I am letting them ripen in the jars along with the nugs… I will definitely get some better nug shots up over time as they are still curing in the jars... (11 full jars) plus quarts of weaker stuff pulled in separate bags I've been smoking away on as well as finishing up the last of the previous grow.

And now for the Deja Vu... 8 clones in 5 gallons I put in yesterday, plus 4 I did for a co worker who needs to get them this weekend...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts