What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ppm benefits

Jwilly

Hello everyone i got a question about ppm . I have been running my ppm in flower at 800ppm - 1000ppm @.5 conversion for years and never had a problem with leaf burn or anything notable but recently ive seen on this site saying thats too high and most people run 650ppm or 1.3ec . Will lowering my ppm to 650 benefit me anyway other than making the nutrients last longer?

insomniac_AU

You could try and see what effect it had but honestly if you have no problems why mess with things? Trying to fix problems which aren't there probably isn't recommended. Others may disagree.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
When I go over 750ppm, I usually am not happy with the quality hit the end results have. There's plenty of overfed cannabis on the market and it all has the same appeal to me... which is not much.

The main difference is you need a full and healthy pH swing (natural, not adding pH up/down all the time) in the root zone to fully uptake enough nutes. It also helps to have a balanced nutrient profile, since excess of any single element tends to also decrease quality.

I grew better cannabis than anyone I'd known, including all dispensaries I'd ever been to. Then in 2008 I found out I was only growing better quality than the poor quality I was finding. That sack of truly fire cannabis was enlightening, to say the least. Made me take a good long look at the quality I'd been producing that everyone else raved about.

Years later, I'm pretty sure I can match the quality I had back in 2008. ;) My wife is definitely spoiled. LOL Yes, learning to feed cannabis with the lowest nutrient strength possible will definitely increase your quality. :D