What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IF 100 People Lived On Earth

R

Robrites

Everything was going fine in our brave new society until SOMEONE had to toss in marriage.

R

Robrites

I don't know who compiled this information but the clean water rate seems high and the starving seems low.

R

Robrites

This doesn't fit the thread title but I found this info graphic surprising.

5b5f6fb873f5a7aa328b4624-750-500.png

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... looks like the Germans, Mexicans and African Americans made out all right!:tiphat:

Too bad about the English and Native Americans.:comfort:

R

Robrites

..... looks like the Germans, Mexicans and African Americans made out all right!:tiphat:

Too bad about the English and Native Americans.:comfort:
I am pretty shocked about the German heritage...

I have a grandmother that had a German last name and during world war 2 she told everyone she was Dutch...such was the hatred and mistrust of Germans during those years.

One would think the English/Irish component would be far larger.

Nico Farmer

Only 100 people!
is it the last episode of "The Walking dead"? lol

I m sure Bear Grylls will be among them!!! :biggrin:

T

Teddybrae

I 'm not sure what exactly is the matter with me this morning. maybe the last piece of cookie yesterday was too big ... but ... I have this voice

in my head ... I think I 'm channelling an American singer ... there's music and the voice is going:

"Round and round and round we spin ...
To weave a wall to hem us in ...
It won't be long ...
It won't be long."

Last edited:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Since there are more than 7,000,000,000 (7 billion) people on planet earth today,
I was trying to figure out what could happen for the population to suddenly drop to only 100...

This is the only explanation that makes any sense to me....

Attachments

• zombies.jpg
    zombies.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 22
R

Robrites

I 'm not sure what exactly is the matter with me this morning. maybe the last piece of cookie yesterday was too big ... but ... I have this voice

in my head ... I think I 'm channelling an American singer ... there's music and the voice is going:

"Round and round and round we spin ...
To weave a wall to hem us in ...
It won't be long ...
It won't be long."
The "100 people" is just used to put very large numbers into perspective. Smaller numbers make it easier to understand the larger picture. A few off us got off on a tangent of "if there were only 100 people left".

iTarzan

If there were 100 people on earth.....

1-2 of them would have some type of autism. I heard on a tv commercial a year or so ago that 1 in 100 kids have autism. I remember thinking that was a crazy high number. This thread reminded me of that statistic. So I double checked to make sure I was right and found out it is even worse than that now.

http://www.autism-society.org/what-is/facts-and-statistics/

iTarzan

The "100 people" is just used to put very large numbers into perspective. Smaller numbers make it easier to understand the larger picture. A few off us got off on a tangent of "if there were only 100 people left".

I like it when they put things in perspectives that really help you grasp the enormity of something. One in particular I like is when they represent the history of the universe as one calendar year. They make January 1, one second after midnight, the moment when the big bang happens. Then on December 31, one minute before midnight is when man first appears.

Brother Nature

Only 100 people on earth sounds like a recipe for incest. After all, didn't we only start with two, were did the other 98 come from???

:comfort::huggg::woohoo:
kiss.gif
:groupwave:

insomniac_AU

Only 100 people on earth sounds like a recipe for incest. After all, didn't we only start with two, were did the other 98 come from???

:comfort::huggg::woohoo:View Image:groupwave:
That's what I thought. If you believe the stories. Cain and Abel were the first humans on earth. Sons of Adam and Eve. Cain the first human born and Abel the first human to die killed by Cain.
Sounds like a convenient story to explain something they couldn't explain at the time through science.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
It's OK, eventually God took pity on them and created Eve ......
...... and the rest is history, the joke's on us!:tiphat:

Right now if the World population was reduced to 100 people I think most would die within a year.

Like ask yourself, how many people can live off the land right at this moment?

To survive you would have on be on your toes and grow food in a hurry.

Gasoline and electricity may not be available for long either.

All the supply chains we are so used to would die overnight I bet.
yes, everyone near me would die if i cant get a hot shower!

comfort.gif
huggg.gif
woohoo.gif
View Image
groupwave.gif
how do you think we populated this planet in the first place.....