What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis is legal in Cali. how long before home growing is outlawed?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Cannabis is legal in Cali. how long before home growing is outlawed in the name of tax revenue?

I think this is a huge win for commercialized cannabis, lots of $$$$$$$

Was anything written into the state constitution to protect individual rights to self produce?

Or was this just a smoke screen to get things up and running and then remove things that cut into tax dollars, like home grows.
How soon before it becomes mail order and you get what we want to send you.

Is there anything in the legislature that keeps this from going fully commercial, so that legalization is more than about the $$$$$$

Wendull C.

Veteran
Bend over and grab your ankles boys and girls the long dick of commufornia is unzipped and ready to fuck you.

You play with snakes you gonna get bit boy...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You sound like a defeatist. There is a small chance they will ban growing but as of now it is already banned in many cities for medical. This is a step forward with a chance to trip and fall.

You can homebrew here, and yet the beer corporations still do fine. I think there is room for both. There will be massive illegal sales and just giving away of buds. I am a giver myself.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You sound like a defeatist. There is a small chance they will ban growing but as of now it is already banned in many cities for medical. This is a step forward with a chance to trip and fall.

. I am a giver myself.
I am amazed at that first part...after reading your posts the last couple weeks...are you in politics?
As for the second part...iiimmm guessing your actually a taker...

Off-topic Political statement removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
It is doubtful that the local and state governments could enforce a ban like that. There are so many larger problems to deal with....like infrastructure problems, a lack of water, and of course the coming bomb called pensions. With that said, I'm sure if a ban was enacted they'd probably go after the people with really high electric bills.

-Funk

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
It is doubtful that the local and state governments could enforce a ban like that. There are so many larger problems to deal with....like infrastructure problems, a lack of water, and of course the coming bomb called pensions. With that said, I'm sure if a ban was enacted they'd probably go after the people with really high electric bills.

-Funk

I guess you missed the Butte county thread last year, lol.:biggrin:

Indoor 6 plants per house is totally legal now nobody watching PGE bills.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Placer county banned them 1 week before the vote:moon:

so did San Jose on commercial recreational. they got some dope MMJ shops that I love though.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Recreational marijuana sales are now banned in San Jose, even if California voters pass a ballot measure next week that would make such sales legal across the state.

The city council voted to keep recreational marijuana illegal in San Jose, even if it becomes legal in California. That means no commercial growing, transporting, or sales. Vice Mayor Rose Herrera says they want to avoid what happened when medical marijuana was legalized.
MORE: Find in-depth information about what's on your ballot here

"At one point we had over 100 marijuana dispensaries. We were the wild west here," Herrera said,

Mayor Sam Liccardo says the city had to hit the pause button. He says he has concerns about DUIs, edibles and cultivation.

"State would allow any resident to grow marijuana in their backyard but not everyone wants to live next door to the odor of marijuana growing in the backyard," said San Jose mayor Sam Liccardo.

James Anthony is an attorney specializing in medical marijuana law. He says Prop 64 covers San Jose's concerns and the urgency ordinance is unnecessary.

"It's a complete waste of time. It's a complete waste of taxpayer money. It's a waste of city resources," said Anthony said.

People who support the legalization of recreational marijuana believe it will be good for California and San Jose.

"I feel like there will be less crime. People don't have to worry about cops ad they can smoke whenever they want to," said Jay Ahmed a smoke shop employee.

If Prop 64 passes, a person will be able to legally use recreational marijuana in San Jose and grow up to six plants, but not sell it.

http://abc7news.com/politics/san-jose-bans-sales-of-recreational-marijuana-ahead-of-election/1583918/

MedResearcher

Veteran
I don't think its physically possible. Would have to march the national guard through every neighborhood in every city across this huge state. Then march them through the forest. If they started in the south and moved north, by the time they got to Humboldt, Oakland would have already replanted a new crop :)

It has only got less illegal, they replaced felonies with fines. Think of all the different LEO's that attempted and failed to eradicate cannabis in California over the last 4 decades.

If they do increase pressure, people will just go back to hiding it better. Its actually pretty amazing, just the difference in the last decade or two how much it went from being completely hidden to completely out in the open. In the 90's, even early 00's, people were sneaky, clever and careful. Now its instagram, text message menus, gardens on the side of main highways.

Some things may change a bit, but the will of the California grower will never die :)

Mr^^

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
you have to pay for a permit and be subject to inspections:tiphat:

Why do you keep posting misinformation?

In CA, No permit and No inspections for recreational 6 plants grow. End of story. Stop the lies.

Liscenses and inspections = only for commercial ops.

It is clearly stated in the bill.

Again, stop the lies.

Lyfespan

Why do you keep posting misinformation?

In CA, No permit and No inspections for recreational 6 plants grow. End of story. Stop the lies.

Liscenses and inspections = only for commercial ops.

It is clearly stated in the bill.

Again, stop the lies.

you guys need to read the pages not posted up, and actually live in cali, like i do

Lyfespan

you guys must know right, bummbaldini, yesmama you have a vested interest here and lawyers looking into setting up a business model, you guys have investors and a fund right, looking at properties and looking to actually do this here marijuana thing in CALIFORNIA,

oh no, i though so, now go set up reform in your own countries