What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Emerald harvest nutrients

Ive been running EH on my last three grows. Ive been using all the three part (which is the same as GH). I also use GH CaliMagic and all their additives at about 3/4 strength. (15 Gal rez with 10 gal worth of nutes in it). My ph doesn't hardly swing at all. After i mix my ph is normally 6.0-6.1 and my PPM are 900-1100. I top off with water about every day and ph doesnt swing.
I have one that has been harvested, dried, and cured. Final yield on 6 plants pure coco with recirculating drip system was 1.5 pounds. 1GPW 675 watt COB. Strain: Malibu Pie By Ocean Grown Seeds
I have 8 white widow in 3 gal pure coco that are coming into week 8. It looks like 1.75-2.25. Ive never seen this cut of white widow do so well. Ive been growing the same cut for 2 years.
Im only about 4 weeks in on my final one which is Ninja Fruit and Malibu pie in 3 gal pure coco.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am amazed how much my plants have bulked up since taking pics 2 days ago, but I have questions

while my 3 part Emerald Harvest grow is doing fine, a problem early on, when all 4 plants prematurely showed sex ~ 3 weeks has perplexed me

I managed to ‘reveg’ for couple weeks. Plants have stretched and buds filling out beyond nicely, although most of the leafs are single blade (what causes that?)

I am wondering whether feeding frequency in the beginning could be the culprit for early sexing, or, could it be too many growth hormones from daily foliar feeding with Kelp. Hmmmmm

Once I transfer from starter lpa aero into F & D totes I feed every 1.5 hours to make sure the transferred roots stay moist. A caution from my old bubbleponics starter days, when roots really weren't long enough, but transferred because they were hammocking. Not an issue since switching to lpa aero.

I often forget to increase the pause intervals as they grow. Could this be the cause of early sexing?

It has only been in the last 2 weeks that I increased the pause to 4 hours and a few days go to 6 hours

Not sure if it’s a coincidence, but the plants have grown much faster, and buds are really bulking up now, although they should at this stage anyway

Been using mid flower amounts as per the EH chart, including Golden Goddess, King Kola and Honey Comb (+ NPK RAW Aminos and Enzymes)

I have plenty of GG and KK for several more grows, but not enough Honey Comb left for one more gallon. Can I still get excellent results without it?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
or you could save a serious amount of cash and go to Custom Hydro Nutrients dot com

he has everything dry salts

as far as EH goes, I found it very difficult to ph the nute solution. Running it in coco it was VERY easy to over feed and fry the plants even running at half strength. I've emailed the company a few times and they are very slow to respond if they respond at all

I was revisiting this post and thought I would update

I switched to NPK RAW dry nutes, but had too many pilot errors. In retrospect i was using humic instead of fulvic and microbes, neither of which are compatible with hydro. NPK suggested I replace the microbes with aminos and enzymes, which may be the answer, but for this grow I went back to Emerald Harvest cause I have several years worth to use up.

Now there's a new nutrient on the scene: Greenleaf Nutrients MegaCrop, one part dry formula. It's similar to Hydroponic Research V + B. Currently, it too has too much N for bloom, but they will be adjusting the formula

BillFarthing

Veteran
Currently, it too has too much N for bloom, but they will be adjusting the formula

With the 2-1-3 NPK ratio, you don't have to worry about too much nitrogen. Just keep the total N under 150 ppm and do a week of flush at the end.

I am surprised a nutrient company doesn't know how to use their own product properly.