What's new

flowering and plasma

hi folks, here is a video, which I can`t publish in my sub, because in austria are vegitation-hempplants allowed, but we aren`t allowed to flower that plants.

I don`t want to make advertisment for any company, I just want to show how plasma can be used at the moment. I may quote a very intelligent person: "One of the things people should always keep in mind is that there is no miracle lamp. No golden bullet. There is upcoming exciting new technology for which we need to find out if there is a valid application." that`s wyh i post that link here.

I may say something about the results of the testgrow:
The top score came from the new internal reflector lamp actually. The best quality weed came from the two plasma grows this time. Density, number of trichomes, number of amber trichomes, pure stickyness. The plasma grows had the least popcorn and the best leaf ratio (buds were small but solid deep in the plant). The standard Son T-pia (street lamp) had the most popcorn and the most leafs. For the plasma in combination with HPS light we see that there is a linear correlation between light (in micromoles) and yield, just as the traditional HPS grown crops. That may seem a logical conclusion but it is important to know that the light you add actually does make a difference.

so watch the movie and enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfbaUhOSgp4

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
very interesting, i'm actually researching for a purchase at the moment, so far i'm thinking about the gavita pro 600w which also runs at 400V but i don't think it can be dimmed. but iwas reading about those plasma 300's too, seems like for flowering you'd not need more then 1 plasma for 4 x 600s.

anyway love the way you tested so many combos too, seems like the good old hps and mh isn't bad at all either.

feel free to offer me any advise here if you are up for it:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=214103

still not 100% sure, those digis are a lot more then old magnetic ballasts, but the benefits of digital ballasts seems to be worth it slowly. specially now that the bugs have been worked out of the digital ballasts.

anyway nice film, thanks for sharing :wave:

I would also prefer a digital ballast to the old magnetic ballast. after several runs they give a good return.

regarding the plasma lights:

I`m honest, I can`t answer that question, because research on this issue isn`t over. but i can give advises, if you tell me how many square metres you illuminate with your 4x600w lights.

and finally thx for your compliment.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
do you have the stats from the tests you did?

like a list of what lights combos produced how much gpw? would be a help to understand the results of your lamp test. really pleased that someone has gone to all this trouble and tried out all these lamp systems.

of course I can get my hands on the stats from the test. but first of all I have talk to the people who took part. as i mentioned above we are still in the stage of research why it isn`t so easy to publish such information.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
oops i guess the first link stopped.

i do find the gavita pro digi 600 to be very tempting as a new light to buy for new flowering set up. while the plasma just seems a bit too new and untested yet also isn't a flowering light on it's own.

but that's what's so great about you testing them out. i do hope you can share the analyses with us at some point. you would definitely think that we are on the verge of a lighting break through. i was reading something about a lighting system that matches the full spectrum of the sun and the light can be led around by tubing with only 2 sources the size of golf balls being able to light up huge industrial work spaces and or stadiums like day. mind you i never heard more about this project.

HortiLab

like a list of what lights combos produced how much gpw? would be a help to understand the results of your lamp test. really pleased that someone has gone to all this trouble and tried out all these lamp systems.

Would love to see some stats, too. :thank you: