What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumat auto watering

barth

Nice info all. Im still looking for a source of the patio kit. I have been unable to find it in the us. The shipping from the manufacturer is almost as much as the kit. I tried the links a few pages back but no luck with them.

A point in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks

Nice info all. Im still looking for a source of the patio kit. I have been unable to find it in the us. The shipping from the manufacturer is almost as much as the kit. I tried the links a few pages back but no luck with them.

A point in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks

I think there were a couple links on the last couple of pages but sustainablevillage and greenacreshydro should have it.

supermanlives

Veteran
woo hoo i just ordered 2 kits. sustainablevillage site was down but homeharvest had em. i probably paid too much ooh well. 75 $ each

Yeah they work fine in 6" pots, I've even tried them in 4" pots and they worked fine. I hope if you're flowering in 6" pots you aren't veggin very long! ;)

not very long at all. maybe one week. not sure yet, since this is all theoretical at this stage. I've sen what member here are doing out of gatorade bottles and what AFOAF is doing in Fiji bottles under CFL's; Yielding 7-21g (Dr.Bud) and 3-6g. I assume drippers in coco will get me 7 -14 per plant. hmmm?

if i can avg 10g per i'll be golden. I'm shooting for 14g.
(i'ld rather be) smoking dry sift and cooking with the remains.:blowbubbles:

:thank you: Thanks for the info Senor. Must Spread.

Welcome to iC Peacefrog! Great first post, just a few comments...

• Rubbermaid reservoir is iffy - my first try was with a Rubbermaid tub. It would have probably worked but I never was able to get rid of that Rubbermaid smell and it did not hold the temperature down well at all and I was having stability problems in my reservoir when I was using the Rubbermaid. They probably require additional light proofing as well.

FYI: I use a 10 gal sterilite tub (similar to rubbermaid). I was a little iffy at first too (it gives a little on the sides when full) but it is working great so far, and no slime/mold/leak or smell issues, for what it's worth. In the long run, I will replace it with something made of hard plastic, just for my own peace of mind.

• The rubber washer for the hull adapter goes on the water side. Don't ask why I know this.
:laughing:
The only way to get the 8 mm supply line off the barb connectors is to cut it off with a razor blade or utility knife. This is probably a good thing but I like to find things out the hard way. You cannot pull them off, period. I spent more time than I care to admit trying. The 3 mm drip hose will come off the barb connectors with a little bit of a tug but I wouldn't reccommend this without a shut-off valve and a way to bleed the line first.

Try harder padawan! I thought the same thing at first, but persistence pays off. I find that I CAN remove and replace the barbed t's on the supply line with a bit (ok, a lot) of effort.

Good luck, and once again, welcome!

C

Cheeb

Are you referring to Homeharvest's cart not being secure?

It is infact behind https:// once you start going through the checkout process.

Looks like they do their payment processing through Americart. Once you start entering your info such as address/credit card info your definately behind SSL 256-bit. once you start checking out your on.. https://www.cartserver.com - instead of homeharvest.com

- -

or are you talking about them being unsecure in some other way?

barth

Are you referring to Homeharvest's cart not being secure?

It is infact behind https:// once you start going through the checkout process.

Looks like they do their payment processing through Americart. Once you start entering your info such as address/credit card info your definately behind SSL 256-bit. once you start checking out your on.. https://www.cartserver.com - instead of homeharvest.com

- -

or are you talking about them being unsecure in some other way?

I was refering to sustainablevillage cart. I will check homeharvest and get the patio kit from them. Thanks Cheeb!

C

Cheeb

I see - got a few more kits on the way from HomeHarvest.

Unfortunately SustainableVillage didnt have any of the 50pk kits for $200 nor did they know when they'd be getting anymore.

- -

Anyone know where to locate the small 3mm surgical tubing? Cant seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

barth

I already ordered on from HomeHarvest. I just want to givea heads up to anyone else that might want to grab it.

Those who have ordered and received from them, please let us know if greenacres and homeharvest ship discretely. Greenacres state that they do, and homeharvest imply that they do:

The packing materials we use in our shipments are 100% recycled and 100% recyclable. To further our recycling efforts, your order may arrive in a box that we received merchandise in. Be assured that we only recycle boxes that are suitable for this purpose.

I'm sure many of us would appreciate it if you could validate for us.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Blumat tip #2 poke a hole in the medium with the blumat on the other side of the pot from where the valve goes, fill it with ewc, guano, or rabbit poop, and have the dripper end drip into that area. Feeds really nicely and waters better that way too.

Peacefrog

Veteran
Those who have ordered and received from them, please let us know if greenacres and homeharvest ship discretely. Greenacres state that they do, and homeharvest imply that they do:

I'm sure many of us would appreciate it if you could validate for us.

I bought my patio kit and a few other items from homeharvest.com. They shipped in a plain cardboard box via UPS. The return address was for Superior Growers Supply in Michigan. I don't know if you would consider that discrete or not but that is how it came.

Blumat tip #2 poke a hole in the medium with the blumat on the other side of the pot from where the valve goes, fill it with ewc, guano, or rabbit poop, and have the dripper end drip into that area. Feeds really nicely and waters better that way too.

Oooooooh, this sounds like a great idea! I'll have to try it with a few on the next round.

I bought my patio kit and a few other items from homeharvest.com. They shipped in a plain cardboard box via UPS. The return address was for Superior Growers Supply in Michigan. I don't know if you would consider that discrete or not but that is how it came.

For us ultra-paranoid types, that would not qualify as discreet, no. I wouldn't want to receive that at work, for instance. Why not SGS INC or something? Bah! I didn't see any parts on their site anyways, which is what I need.

How about Green Acres?