What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 Cup of Tea? Recipe needed!

alphacat

Since I asked this question in another thread in this forum and nobody seems to have seen it (or bothered to reply)... would someone with experience tell me how to make just one cup of tea?

• how much trim (very well cured Romulan in this case) would I need?
  • what's the optimum simmer time in whole milk?

rastamonunika

Hey Alpha! Ill give you a hand!

Personally i like to use bottom popcorn buds or grade a trim for anything im cooking with, but just choose whatever you have that has the most glandular presence =P

Hot Buddered Bhang:

In a saucepan, melt half a cube (1/8 pound) of butter or ghee. Crumble a good handful of marijuana tops or leaves (1/3 - 1/2 ounce [!$WoW$!]). Stir the grass into the molten butter. Continue stirring over medium heat for one minute. While it is hot or sizzling, add 8 ounces of vodka. Be cautious that the hot butter does not make the mixture spatter. It is best to pour in the vodka swiftly. Continue to boil for 30 seconds or more, stirring all the while. A pinch or two of powdered cardamom seed may be added during the boiling. . . .

After boiling as much as desired, strain the liquids. Press the mash in a strainer with the back of a spoon to remove all the juices. Discard mash or boil it again in fresh vodka to salvage more materials. Sweeten to taste with honey if wanted. Pour the liquid into 4-ounce wine glasses. . . . Serves two. [!!]

This recipe is not only an efficient method of extracting the active principles from marijuana, and an excellent medium for assimilation (alcohol, butter and honey), but it also has a delicious and satisfying flavor. It is reminiscent of hot chocolate, but is much more pleasant to drink. It is one of the most swiftly absorbed cannabis concoctions. The effects of the grass may be felt in less than fifteen minutes.

Or you can make another favorite of mine: SLeepy Head Hot Chocolate!

Break 50g of QUALITY dark chocolate such as Valrhona Manjari, into small pieces so they can be easily combined. . you could use a cheese grater if you pleased. But i like to break up the chocolate, and eat some along the way =)

Heat 2g of hash and crumble into small pieces, like you were adding it to a J. Put the chocolate, hash and 2flOz of cream into a pan and stir under med. heat until it melts.

Meanwhile bring 2 flOz Full-fat milk to a boil in another saucepan and then pour over the melted chocoalte. Briskly whisk for a while to stop a skin forming, serve with whipped cream and grated chocolate!

Enjoii!

and hope that gets some ideas flowing for ya!

alphacat

Thank you very, very much Rastamonunika! Can't wait to get experimentin' here. The one thing I'm gonna have to play with is "boiling as much as desired" - wonder if there's such a thing as too much, or what the optimal boil time/temperature would be. This is great tho.

:respect:

rastamonunika

Glad it is a good start for you!

When i first started cookin with canna, i had a hard time to find recipes and such, so as soon as i found some id experiment and create my own! Which i highly recommend =)

For the optimal time, i honestly dont know! When i make canna butter, i let it steep/simmer for quite some time, generally a few hours. But with butter, i am trying to pull all of the delicious oils and THC from the canna, that way the butter tastes delightful!

From what ive experienced, you are only boiling to help incorporate the THC with the fat/alcohol, (alcohol if your making the bhang). So i believe that you could figure out a general rule of thumb! And if you do, please keep us posted!

Anyhow, keep up the good work! And keep spreadin the Love! =)

with Love
unika

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Use low heat, I do an hour, very low with a pint, 15-20 min with a smaller amount - H

rastamonunika

thanks haps for giving us the time angle! very cool!

I generally dont use recipes etc., unless its for something i cant remember or cant make without thinking about it!

Also, i appreciate the added recipe info, its great to gain different perspectives on the same thing!

enjoii ur nite!

infinite Love
unika

Latest posts

Latest posts