What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets talk about VPD...it's worth the converstion.

Question: Right now my VPD # is way too high, and my plants have to use too much water from the soil, yaddy yadda. I cannot get my tent temps below 80F when lights are on no matter what I do. I have to hide smell, so no option for an AC (besides the very complicated process of a mini split or whatever, but that's not an option right now).

So since the temps are 80F - 90F, I need to increase the RH%. Right now it's at 45-55% when lights are on, not sure what when lights are off. It seems I need my RH to be at LEAST 70%, ideally 75-80%. That high of RH scares me obviously. However, something I hadn't seen addressed is using a carbon filter with the increased RH. If I do raise my RH to 70% with a humidifier inside the tent, won't that affect the carbon filter and make it fail? I heard high RH is the enemy for them. I have plenty of airflow, so I think going to 70% RH would be ok. Also not sure how the carbon filter / exhaust would affect the RH actually rising, since it would be exhausting the whole time, would the RH actually rise?

Latest posts

Latest posts