What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GF F4 and LUI x Bogglegum flowering thread

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello folks. :wave:

We've got some very special ladies in flower right now (when are they NOR special?).

First if the Grapefruit F4, the seeds of which came from a feller named Vegas over on CW.

So far there's no real grapefruit smell, but any experienced grower will know that some pot plants smell differently from day to day during flowering. So hopefully, by harvest, she'll be very grapefruity :smile:

The plants are about 3.5 feet tall (from the soil), and are branched quite nicely.

Second up is my own cross of Legend's Ultimate Indica X Bogglegum.

The resins are already showing themselves to be profuse and of a thick, tacky nature (my favorite!), NOT slippery, wet resin.

One of them smells just like bubblegum - I hope it remains that way until harvest! I've always wanted a quintessentially BUBBLEGUM flavored smoke. I've had smoke that came close, but nothing that tasted like spot-on bubblegum.

TAKS

hey cc hows it goin. :wave: those lui x bog look like they're gonna be some huge colas :yoinks: . have you already tested that cross of yours. :canabis:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TAKS, nope, this is the first time this cross is being grown, anywhere to the best of my knowledge. :smile:

MNM! I HOPE it'll be great! You'll likely get to test it yourself. :wink: If I'm happy with the LUI cross over the next week or so, I'll make clones - just in case it's something special.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TAKS, I started them out with my usual... Earth Juice... But I'm getting a little tired of chasing nitrogen around with the Earth Juice (it's not the best source of available N because it's hard to get into the soil properly).

We're now using Pure Blend Pro. In the first few applications I've noticed a MAJOR improvement in nutrition over the Earth Juice products. And it's simple in comparrison. The Earth Juice line requires some of this, some of that, a little of this, and a bunch of that... It's complicated. Pure Blend Pro is very simple... All you do is measure the amount of nute you want, add it, and that's that! One step application, one bottle per stage of growth.

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
pretty plants, CC! :woohoo: :yummy: :yummy: :yummy:

sounds yummy...good luck with the flavor!

is it correct to assume flavors will get more pronounced after a good long cure? or does it depend on lots of different things?

thanks.

omega7

Looking great CC. Im dying to see how the GF's turn out. That LUIx bogglegum from the beans you found? She's a beauty too.

G

Hey CC

I've got some friends around the county who use Earth Juice, the suppliment it with Metanaturals Calcium and Base(3-3-3)

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is it correct to assume flavors will get more pronounced after a good long cure? or does it depend on lots of different things?

To cure, we seal up freshly-dried herb so that the remaining moisture in the bud can evenly distribute throughout the bud. Once the moisture levels are even throughout, the container is opened to allow the moist air to escape from around the curing herb - then the container's sealed again to continue this process... This goes on until the buds are dry enough to seal for the long haul (final storage).

Curing is done to smooth the smoke out. The smoothening of the smoke is due to the trapped moisture around the buds. The starches and chlorophyll smell green and harsh in freshly-dried herb. When buds are allowed to cure properly, the smell/taste of the starch and chlorophyll steps out of the way enough to let the pot's natural smells stand alone, and therefore the weed smells/tastes better.

Fresh weed + trapped water molecules + time + warmth = an environment where starch and chlorophyll are broken down into stuff that smokes and tastes MUCH better. :smile:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, that'll work, but I want simplicity as well as nutrition - if I can. PBP seems to be doing just that job. I may end up using some EJ to supplement the PBP in the future. A switcheroo.

happy hipster said:
Hey CC

I've got some friends around the county who use Earth Juice, the suppliment it with Metanaturals Calcium and Base(3-3-3)

b_is_me

Crazy the plants looks awesome. THat lui bubble gum cross looks beautiful. How long have they been flowering. Thanks for sharing. peace

G

Hey CC,
Nice pics. I really want some of those GF f4s...hmmmmm....I might have to go see Vegas. :chin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts