What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Straw Cough Klone 30 days 12/12

G

the Colorado Cough is not strawberry cough. theres two CO Cough's one is outta boulder, the other outta Ft Collins. I dont remember which is which anymore but one is skunk X haze and the other NLs X Haze.

the only thing they have in common with the SC is the haze parentage. strawberry fields(afghani) x haze is the SC make up.

CBF

I dont know if what they have in CO is a strawberry cough or not. It has a harsh sweet syrupy taste that tickles your throat. Trippy haze high

G

nice plant CC, gonna set a record with that one:yes:

I find it funny that the best representation of the line doesnt have distinctive strawberry aromas. no SB jam, jello or syrup that I hear growers with no pics yammer on about.

the outdoor plant last season(cut from year or so ago we keep) has the overripe fruit, tart fruit aroma. a tangy earthy smoke. while flowerin you would get a wiff of strawberries in the breeze. yields very well(9oz off a 3ft bush outdoors)

the #14 cut we keep has a strawberry vanilla/creme aroma and taste. from seed the aroma was there but taste was not so good. from clone shes real nice, creamy smoke. not as potent as the fruity cut.

do to my enormous growin skill I was able to get 1 outta 2 of the HT cut to root:D

only took like a month to get one to go,LOL

look forward to runnin a few different males from the seed line across some cuts. soon as the plant acclimates and gets big enough, ima get some seed goin. be my first BX. lookin forward to that.

CBF

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that I have the real SC clone, i can see that the one you shared with me a while back is VERY close to the clone. The bud structure, smell, etc. The F2 WAS worth it's weight after all :smile:

G

Crazy Composer said:
Now that I have the real SC clone, i can see that the one you shared with me a while back is VERY close to the clone. The bud structure, smell, etc. The F2 WAS worth it's weight after all :smile:

hehe, yeah and I dont have a copy of it, lol. after you grew it and didnt think much of the taste I tossed it. dont matter as I wanted SB aromas and taste in my line. seed from the #14 plant should produce some males that throw its aroma and taste. combined with the cuts yield and stone, should get what im lookin for.

for me the SC is one of my favorite weeds. great smoke, yield and head. strawberry is prolly my favorite weed taste. different strokes for different folks.

lookin forward to the finish of your plant CC, always finish fantastic. have to get a few shots of the sourd im starvin, pretty yeller plant, may have went a bit much, lol. pretty wild lookin, real nice fall yellows oranges and purps in the leaf.

CBF

O

OHenry

CC...you can borrow my cam anytime. Just let me know.

We need to thin out my monster as well. Just added another 600 and am ready for a HUGE YEILD! Think I'll pull more than 7?!?!? hehe ;) :joint:

Oh

omega7

Hey CC have you found any problems with pollenating preflowers? I havent seen anything that would be considered a consistent problem. Had a few mutants/runts but that is par for as many as Ive ghermed. I've only been doing it for 2 years (after a male popped real early and lit up every damn preflower in the veg room). Have never seen anyone else talk about it but you. I dont go to overgrow much anymore. But what I also do is I take a clone in flower, about 30 or so days, then when it roots I wait a week or two and then pollenate it ( a revegged clone will have 4 times as many calyxes as a preflowering veg plant) and let her go for about 4-5 weeks and pull the beans. I have even kept them in 24/7 and pull nice plump beans from em. I dont have the space to mess with a separate breeding room and me like me sensi. This saves a shitload of space for me.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBF, yeah dude, she was a heavy lady! But this line doesn't really seem to have any real strawberry taste, just lineage called strawberry. Oh well, the high's unique, strong and the yields are great. :smile: Good enough.

OH, you'll need to do some prunin soon! hehehe You need help? maybe a guy on a ladder? hehehe

omega7, no problems with pollenating pre-flowers... The yields are a little lacking compared to sensi crops, but there ARE seeds to feed now :smile:

Funny you mention the revegged pollenation, I have done that before, and I've got a petrol clone that's all seeded up too :smile: They work, and you don't need to ruin crops to do it. I wouldn't use them as top breeding seeds, because the selection is so low and random, but it's a great way to make seeds for yourself.

G

Ill get some of the strawberry creme to ya next go, and you will see where the strawberry comes from:D

CBF

G

is dutch passions strawberry cough worth having /getting ? is it anything like the kyle clone mentioned ? if not who has a good copy ?

G

hazyfontazy said:
is dutch passions strawberry cough worth having /getting ? is it anything like the kyle clone mentioned ? if not who has a good copy ?

many differin reports on DPs offerin. capt crip has one in the smoke report forum right now. i believe DP is the only breeder/bank offerin SC in any form.

CBF

G

This will be a good one, that's for sure.:bis: Make her fat CC.....REAL FAT!!! The SC is great weed, all-around IMHO. I smoke it like MAD! The fruity/hazy taste, and that buzzing happy high keep me smoking joint...after joint....after joint....:joint:

Hey Danny! :wave:

i agree with you jimmy on the taste, for sure..like a strawberry cough syrup thing going on with a haze dominant taste... that nugget looks right.

G

Well I'm gonna agree Phil and Jimmy. It smells wonderfully berry. (Kinda cross between blueberry and strawberry) . And it tastes that way too.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wwell, hopefully mine gets some more berry taste eventually, cause right now I'd have to use my imagination to get it to smell like strawberries :smile:

G

beautifull buds composer!

i can smell those girls all the way here. Sweet!

enjoy your quality harvest :canabis:

hazyfontazy said:

According to DP, their SC isnt a great yeilder. I ve read reports of people who DID find that super (strawberry tasting pheno), while others said that its an ok sativa-dom strain, but not the "super dooper" pot that everyone has been talking about a few years ago (especially the NYC crowd)

You can always try a few beans and chose a good mother.

Last edited:
if it's ANAYTHING like the one you grew a few years ago, expect HUGH yeilds from a somewhat short ( arounnd 3 feet or so ? ) plant thats in a 5 gal. container

keep us updated on this grow, i'll be following this post clossly :yes: i always love to follow your post's, always learming somethinng
you got finidhedd and dried

its a fun place 2 b!!!!!!!
you got like 5-6 oz's off the last on, no????
got any pix of that grow???????
and if one cant get their hands on that kyle K clone, whats your opion on DP's version of it???? heard any reports on it?????
also if you had the chance to get ANY of resivior seed CO's seeds whitch one's would get???? and is the sour bubble worth buyin???

and DONT WORRY, that secret STAYS WITH ME AND ME ONLY!!! :joint: you know that :yummy: :sasmokin:

thanks again for all that you do for me :yes:

you "brother in arms"
smokin 2 live- really!! hehehe