What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rec Growing Ends for "Most" as Soon as Rec Sales Start. Correct?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What with the limitation for those who will live near a dispensary selling recreational. Are there exceptions? What's the ability to petition for home growing in your area, due to the dispensary failing to adequately provide? lol

3snowboards

Question 2 as printed in early ballots and during election day as read on the regular ballots had all sorts of rules on it such as quantity of finished and had a section on home cultivation.
It stated 6 plants per adult and Max 12 per household. Nothing about distances.

Bobbles

Question 2 as printed in early ballots and during election day as read on the regular ballots had all sorts of rules on it such as quantity of finished and had a section on home cultivation.
It stated 6 plants per adult and Max 12 per household. Nothing about distances.

This is how I read the final bill on election day from the pamphlet they handed out, I just tried searching and couldn't locate the actual bill. Who knows. Post the text if you find the actual legislation.

bicyclebenny

Full text of question 2

Full text of question 2

https://www.regulatemarijuanainnevada.org/full-initiative-text/

This ballot measure proposes to amend the Nevada Revised Statutes to make
it lawful for a person 21 years of age or older to purchase and consume one ounce or less of
marijuana other than concentrated marijuana, or one-eighth of an ounce or less of
concentrated marijuana. It would also make it lawful for a person 21 years of age or older to
cultivate not more than six marijuana plants for personal use, as well as obtain and use
marijuana paraphernalia.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

From the text you linked
Question-2 said:
Sec. 14. Penalties. 1. Restrictions on personal cultivation.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in 453A of NRS, any person who:

(1) Cultivates marijuana plants within 25 miles of a retail marijuana store licensed pursuant to sections 1 to 18, inclusive, of this act, unless the person is a marijuana cultivation facility or a person acting in his or her capacity as an agent of a marijuana cultivation facility;

OldPhart

That is just jacked up! I would be pissed if a store opened up 20 miles away. Well for about 5 minutes, then I would grow anyway. :D That just sounds like a money grab, I bet there will be some type of "license" fee pop up if you want to grow and not buy.

OP

bicyclebenny

Well, there is. If you buy a med card, you can still grow. So it's like $300/year to grow legally, same as now. I thought it sucked when I read that Douglas county won't allow retail shops (cause fuck the voters!), but that says to me that everyone there can grow.

Last edited:

Bobbles

All Nevada Dispensaries Boycotted. If they do not want to allow free competition, manipulate laws out of greed, no more support from me. I'm no longer acknowledging the Marijuana laws in this country. People are making millions but the rest of us have to sit around and wait for permission?

NO.

Hooter

At least it legal now. I'm sure if your cool about growing they not going to hassle you. I would not grow a tree or orchard in your back yard. As time goes by I hope they will change the law. How are they going to enforce it. Seems unconstitutional. Nevada has been so uptight I never thought I would see the day. Goes on sale July 1. My first plant will be harvested tomorrow. The buds are sooooo frosty can't wait.

Douglas.Curtis

At least it legal now. I'm sure if your cool about growing they not going to hassle you.
This is Nevada... 'being cool' isn't going to fly, tolerance is too low. Expect to see multiple busts start and continue to increase in numbers, as more folks get into flowering out their new legal (but not, since they're within 25miles) grows.

Then expect the backlash, as this awful policy becomes public knowledge. The majority are still in the dark on this.

Hooter

I can't wait for them to get a search warrant and bust into my house for a legal plant. Then try and prosecute spendin city money and resources for a fine. Get real not going to happen. Plant a seed and enjoy our new law and chill the narcs are not coming.

Borderliner

with the tight ass attitudes seen in officials here in Nv. goes hand in hand with how over regulated micro manage to squeeze as much tax money out of the public as possible.

I stick to legal limits of number of plants and not sure really what would do if within 30 mi of a disp. Probably would not have got a mmj card to begin.

Yea fuck the Nevada dispensaries unless you want to make stupid millionaires from LAST even more rich. The owner of essence doesn't even smoke.

3snowboards

I'm not stressed about any dates.
They are not saying that you will be grandfathered in if you grow before July 1.

Douglas.Curtis

I can't wait for them to get a search warrant and bust into my house for a legal plant. Then try and prosecute spendin city money and resources for a fine. Get real not going to happen. Plant a seed and enjoy our new law and chill the narcs are not coming.
You obviously don't know Nevada very well. In a city, with a dispensary, growing isn't legal. They will get a warrant and bust you. Logic doesn't figure into Nevada law enforcement, sorry.

Your delusion will not keep you out of jail.

Latest posts

Latest posts