What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RESULTS Are In! ~~ Black Plastic vs Clear Plastic?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I put 18" orange highway cones out on my fescue grass pasture to mark edges. The grass under those cones grows way faster than the stuff not under the cone, like how the clear did. That may be the plant stretching to get more direct sun, as the blades are real fine. The deer prefer that stuff, and nibble the ends sticking out the cones. The tops of the cones get nibbled in the process. Only a few deer are smart enough to knock over the cone and eat all of it.

LOL. So he says he has to mow the lush green grass under the clear, and proceeds to just scrape it off with a bush hog, with the blade running no less! I am a pretty redneck mcguyver about improvising uses for things behind tractors, like using my 6' tiller to landscape dirt I am bringing in from a development next door. That was just funny looking to me.

Not the bugs eating his roots. Those were not funny. I have heard of nematoads, now I know they are the enemy from underneath.