What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aero... its ok

Okaero

Hello all, long time lurker (10 years probably) first time poster. Got bit by the aero bug as soon as i started growing, had a lot of unsuccessful experiments and some semi successful before packing away all my gear while i focused on other aspects of my life. This thread is the unpacking of it.
Back in April i popped 10 seeds, 3 Lambs Bread, 2 Jamaican Pearl, 2 Harlequin, 3 afghan. 2 of the afghan died and the rest made it into 4” rockwool in a cobbled together flood and drain system to mother out. When they got big enough i abused them for about 5 clones including their tops, it was a big shock as i take big clones added to the fact you probably shouldn’t f$d rockwool a bit of root rot set in. The cuts went into my aero cloner for a month then moved into my hp table (48”x30”x14”) and in an attempt to save the moms and flower them out i built some buckets for them with 6” net pots and some nozzles ala cavadge

Everything got 2 weeks with 18/6 in the flower room to adjust to the fine mist, my ph pen didn’t make it through 5 years of storage so i missed the mark on ph up until last week but yolo we’re here now. Onto the pics!
D4Tr0AT

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
those are crazy awesome root hairs. Ive grown both HPA and LPA, and had very nice roots but DAMN :groupwave:

Okaero

those are crazy awesome root hairs. Ive grown both HPA and LPA, and had very nice roots but DAMN :groupwave:
Thanks! I’ve read all of your threads, nice to finally say hello ?. I’ve done the aero in alot of different configurations, the two i have now tables and buckets are working better than anything i tried before.

Okaero

Here’s a shot of how the table is looking, these clones had 1 week to adjust to the fine mist and 1 week to recover from topping and they’re finishing up week 1 of flower

K4P0DcO

Okaero

In the table, the got cut from the buckets and in the aero cloner 30 days then moved to the table for 2 week veg while i topped them and 1 week of flower so far. 21 days they made the roots in the table for the most part.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A couple grows back I did an experiment mixing a large gph pump with hpa mist heads. It worked great, but, I started with seeds which were in starter cubes. I failed to realize that the starter cubes were getting soaked and staying that way 24/7, due to frequent mist cycles, eventually leading to RR which severely affected the result. If these were clones, they would have been fine

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

Okaero

A couple grows back I did an experiment mixing a large gph pump with hpa mist heads. It worked great, but, I started with seeds which were in starter cubes. I failed to realize that the starter cubes were getting soaked and staying that way 24/7, due to frequent mist cycles, eventually leading to RR which severely affected the result. If these were clones, they would have been fine

View attachment 545470

View attachment 545471

View attachment 545472

View attachment 545473

Did you run h202? Or sm90 or hydroguard?
I have 4” rockwool inside those big root balls in the buckets, they stay moist but the roots are fine.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks! I’ve read all of your threads, nice to finally say hello ?. I’ve done the aero in alot of different configurations, the two i have now tables and buckets are working better than anything i tried before.

HELLO!

I made this same mistake over and over. While H2O2 or Zone, can work, best not to have the problem in the first place. Had I used the Zone then (which I had!) I likely could have saved them

hth

Okaero

HELLO!

I made this same mistake over and over. While H2O2 or Zone, can work, best not to have the problem in the first place. Had I used the Zone then (which I had!) I likely could have saved them

hth

I found i can go without it but when the roots get to a certain size, inevitably some die, so unless h202 is already there i’ll get root rot. So i just run it preventatively.

I found i can go without it but when the roots get to a certain size, inevitably some die, so unless h202 is already there i’ll get root rot. So i just run it preventatively.

For dead matter you can use enzymes... But no H2O2 at the same time!!!