What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grinders

superx

Veteran
In terms of handheld grinders, I find the Santa Cruz Shredder to be the best one I've had so far. The orange plastic thingy that came with my Storz&Bickel Mighty vaporiser is shyte I have to say.
The Shredder has a good "tooth- design" which I believe makes the diff to most others-
CC

Does the Santa Cruz give you a nice fine grind for vaping?

I hear you on the plastic orange shyte, I have that lying around somewhere from when I purchased the volcano, I have zero intentions of using that thing.

I have been using a three piece one I got from sweet seeds many moons ago which is non plastic, the teeth are knackered and worn down which needs replacing.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehehe you're a real smoker when----- the non plastic teeth of your ginder are worn down !!!!hahaha

Yes it produces real nice fluffy stuff and also even real sticky weed somehow doesn't stick as badly as in others i've tried and owned...
And mine id from hemp bio plastic, I think they have a metal one which is supposed to be even better.
CC

CC

kalopatchkid

Veteran
The color on the Santa Cruz shredders comes off and probably ends up in your meds.
I was disappointed with mine.

vanilla dutch

after using this one for a couple of weeks.id say this is probally the best grinder ive had.

Attachments

• 20200801_172455.jpg
    20200801_172455.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 53

mikeross

My gold Santa Cruz Shredder is holding up color wise. It's been in use every day for about 2 years without any fade.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use the S&B orange plastic one that came with my 'cano. Are the other ones that much better? My main beef with this one is the oils and plant powder mix, and make it gooey. I soak it in my jar of Etoh and it is good as new.

Sunshineinabag

Your the queen of meh heart

Your the queen of meh heart

This monkey has seen many lids.....how does one clean those teeth gunked up with the funk?

Attachments

• IMG_20201106_095414.jpg
    IMG_20201106_095414.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20201106_095429.jpg
    IMG_20201106_095429.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20201106_095419.jpg
    IMG_20201106_095419.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Soak in Isopropyl alcohol! Use an old toothbrush as a scrubber (for the threads). Works like a charm. It looks like it has seen a # or 2 and is pretty gummed up. Let soak for a couple of hours and it should prove to be a breeze :tiphat:

superx

Veteran
This monkey has seen many lids.....how does one clean those teeth gunked up with the funk?

I always simmer my grinder in milk for 15/20 min on the hob, this will help decarboxylate and desolve the THC into the milk, in return your grinder will come back in pristine condition.

I like to use the milk for making hot drinking chocolate with late in the evening.

Not only do you get a nice shiny grinder in return, you also get wapped to the chops....

I use the space case which is aluminium or polished aluminium...

Switchers method also works a treat...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I always simmer my grinder in milk for 15/20 min on the hob, this will help decarboxylate and desolve the THC into the milk, in return your grinder will come back in pristine condition.

I like to use the milk for making hot drinking chocolate with late in the evening.

Not only do you get a nice shiny grinder in return, you also get wapped to the chops....

I use the space case which is aluminium or polished aluminium...

Switchers method also works a treat...
But, but, but! I like your method and will give it a whirl :) I'll use coffee cream and use in my morning coffees :) Great tip, thanks! :tiphat:

superx

Veteran
No problem, I and many others have been using this method for many moons...

Regarding isopropyl, a man can not get a bottle of this stuff in Ireland for love nor money.

Its like trying to score a suitcase full of diamonds...

It seems most people have caught on to this stuff and are obviously stocking up with it for cleaning/sanitising maybe showering in the stuff....

Even online i am having issues and most have jacked up there prices, the best I can do at the moment is use the wipes..

I use it for cleaning my vapes.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'll never spend $100 on a grinder but yeah I'd get a new grinder after you clean the good stuff from your old one Sunshine.those aren't good grinders.i had a $20 sharpstone that was pretty good but I think they are more expensive now.i know they are good but $120 for a spacecase is fucking ridiculous.Mendo Mulchers are supposed to be pretty good if they are still around

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Only thing gonna be bloody on him is his hands after peeling his skin offin his fingers trying to turn that thing. Is this the same one from the OP back in March?

And the missing plating, surely didn't go into the dope. Buy a Volcano, they give you a nice plastic grinder. It is easy to wash off in Etoh also, fits right into a pint jar. That metal one (I used to have one) will go in a wide mouth qt jar. Soak in Etoh, and use the green oil tincture - after you cook off most of the alky - to soak a bud or two, then let dry. Joint.

I didn't like the plating coming off that metal gas station grinder.

I have an idea... soak it in hot vegetable cooking oil for a hour or so. I once tried using the bands from mason jars to raise my stainless oil catch cup above the bottom of a pan of cooking oil, when I was cooking off the solvent. The bands had the plating stripped off from the hot oil. This may be a way of removing the plating so you don't smoke/eat it.

Last edited: